The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Damage Shields and the Overflow Damage Bug.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
Whenever you hit a shield, all the overflow damage is delivered to the target 100% unmitigated, it ignores all your CP passives, armor and spell resistance. Before allowing attacks to crit damage shields, they need to fix this bug.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this still the case on the PTS? Silly question?

Has Zeni agreed/acknowledged it's a bug?

>_<
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Mos-De-Atmo
    Mos-De-Atmo
    ✭✭✭
    I though this was fixed ages ago, but perhaps not.
    ESO Academy - Up To Date Info, Guides and Tips For The Elder Scrolls Online
    - ESO Skills
    - ESO Item Sets
    - ESO Builds
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My test looong time ago didn't indicate this bug. It was like half a year ago though.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Whenever you hit a shield, all the overflow damage is delivered to the target 100% unmitigated, it ignores all your CP passives, armor and spell resistance. Before allowing attacks to crit damage shields, they need to fix this bug.

doesnt really matter because literally everyone has 100% penetration anyway xD
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

doesnt really matter because literally everyone has 100% penetration anyway xD

there is somehow a significant dmg difference in absolutly no mitigation and a existing mitigation reduced to zero.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭

haha I dont understand, why exactly were they trying to nerf shields again? xD
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zlater wrote: »

haha I dont understand, why exactly were they trying to nerf shields again? xD

I don't understand either. I would rather buff them to be honest.
    Problem is, that health is too valueable now and people don't die instantly without a shield. Shields aren't the problem.
    Damn I want 1.6 to stay.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that the outcome of PTS testing by you?
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And if you cast a shield and hold block we will need 10 seconds and 10 players to destroy your shield.
    Because I can!
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    And if you cast a shield and hold block we will need 10 seconds and 10 players to destroy your shield.

Then you do like 400 DPS, if a magica user keeps holding block, their stamina pool is drained in less than 2 seconds, after which you will do full damage again. Although, which in your case seems to be excessively low.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Because blocking doesn't work on shields. The incoming damage on shields is not mitigated by blocks.
    Even if, a Sorc can maybe block for 1 or 2 seconds with enemies hitting on them. No chance. The first CC kills you
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How large is this shield and which shield is it? Isn't fear unblockable?

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

Come on my friend ;) don't even go into this.
    Try blocking, you can probably maintain it for a few seconds and it's over. You know it, and so does he.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    k2blader wrote: »

Come on my friend ;) don't even go into this.
    Try blocking, you can probably maintain it for a few seconds and it's over. You know it, and so does he.

I haven't been on the PTS so I feel like I have to give the benefit of the doubt, lol. But I do know what I experience on live is quite a different picture. :-P