The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Impulse Ability Morph

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
Anyone or any high elf sorcerers have any advice which to morhp it too? it morphs too elemental ring or pulsar .. anyone who has the ability or the morph ? which one would be better?
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are good, although currently i use elemental ring
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what you're using it for. Keep in mind neither effect stacks with another person in the group using it and Pulsar effect doesn't apply to bosses, but it does work on elites, world bosses etc.

So general use Elemental Ring is the better option if you're using it in your regular rotation AND you use a flame staff (burning effect is better than concussion and chilled for most situations). Pulsar is better for those boss fights that spawn a large group of adds that need to be DPS'd down quickly, so it's more a tool for specific situations.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what you're using it for. Keep in mind neither effect stacks with another person in the group using it and Pulsar effect doesn't apply to bosses, but it does work on elites, world bosses etc.

So general use Elemental Ring is the better option if you're using it in your regular rotation AND you use a flame staff (burning effect is better than concussion and chilled for most situations). Pulsar is better for those boss fights that spawn a large group of adds that need to be DPS'd down quickly, so it's more a tool for specific situations.

i dont use flame staff :/ so that would be good then huh? ....
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Studio wrote: »

It's because the staff you use determines the effect that lands. Chilled from an ice staff is just a snare, concussion reduces damage, and burning is a DoT -- I'd personally prefer the DoT for most situations, so a flame staff would be preferred.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    For the most part of what I use on PVP.
    160c6lw.jpg
    Ward for shield, reduce total hp, convert stamina into magic, explosion in a few seconds, chance for instant cast

Basically the idea is to lower total hp and do high burst damage at once.

For the most part what I use on PVE.
    2mxpcpi.jpg
    AOE on cast, AOE on self duration, AOE duration on cast

Healing, pretty basic. Probably use a summon in a dungeon or some buffs. Defiantly mount speed if in pvp zones. The healing spell that recovers magic is more useful.
    24pzckn.jpg

Just my opinion of course.
    141s0o6.jpg
    w0mixz.jpg
    sg6g5u.jpg
    122e0aq.jpg
    r0xc1j.jpg
    10wr4v4.jpg

Biggest weakness though is very low defense without ward and very low stamina for getting out of stunning moves.
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atlaz wrote: »
    160c6lw.jpg
    Ward for shield, reduce total hp, convert stamina into magic, explosion in a few seconds, chance for instant cast

2mxpcpi.jpg

Healing, pretty basic. Probably use a summon in a dungeon or some buffs. Defiantly mount speed if in pvp zones. The healing spell that recovers magic is more useful.
    24pzckn.jpg

141s0o6.jpg
    w0mixz.jpg
    sg6g5u.jpg
    122e0aq.jpg
    r0xc1j.jpg
    10wr4v4.jpg

Biggest weakness though is very low defense without ward and very low stamina for getting out of stunning moves.

A sorc without ward?

easy 1 hit. :hushed:
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

It's because the staff you use determines the effect that lands. Chilled from an ice staff is just a snare, concussion reduces damage, and burning is a DoT -- I'd personally prefer the DoT for most situations, so a flame staff would be preferred.

flame staff takes so longer to charge than the ice and shock though :|
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    160c6lw.jpg

2mxpcpi.jpg

24pzckn.jpg

141s0o6.jpg
    w0mixz.jpg
    sg6g5u.jpg
    122e0aq.jpg
    r0xc1j.jpg
    10wr4v4.jpg

how did u level up ur resto staff to 48? im about to be max on destructo but the resto staff doesnt really do much damage :/ how my suppose to level it up
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    160c6lw.jpg

2mxpcpi.jpg

24pzckn.jpg

141s0o6.jpg
    w0mixz.jpg
    sg6g5u.jpg
    122e0aq.jpg
    r0xc1j.jpg
    10wr4v4.jpg

how did u level up ur resto staff to 48? im about to be max on destructo but the resto staff doesnt really do much damage :/ how my suppose to level it up

also what is ward? i dont recal l seeing this ability
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    160c6lw.jpg

2mxpcpi.jpg

24pzckn.jpg

141s0o6.jpg
    w0mixz.jpg
    sg6g5u.jpg
    122e0aq.jpg
    r0xc1j.jpg
    10wr4v4.jpg

Weapons level up by being on your active bar when you earn XP. You don't necessarily have to have any skills from that weapon on your bar at the time, but if you have some on your bar you'll level the weapon faster. What this means is that you can level a weapon by having that bar active when you kill stuff (which is why you're probably seeing destro staff level more easily), or you can level it by swapping to the bar that you have it on before you turn in a quest or do something else that earns you XP (like gaining exploration XP, or completion XP for doing a dolmen for the first time, or opening a chest). With a resto staff, this is an excellent way to level it quickly without worrying that you're not causing enough damage while you have it equipped. Also, if you get one that has the Training trait it will level much faster.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭

I actually leveled up healing a lot at first. Used both summons, ward and spam healing on myself and just use staff heavy attacks on things. When starting you have very little magic to use abilities. Ward is in summoning.

Damage wise elements help but crystal fragments and Velocious curse do more damage. Trying out volatile familiar. Either way I'm only rank V9, not like I'm a V14 or anything.
    Edited by Atlaz on August 1, 2015 6:49AM
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    160c6lw.jpg

2mxpcpi.jpg

24pzckn.jpg

141s0o6.jpg
    w0mixz.jpg
    sg6g5u.jpg
    122e0aq.jpg
    r0xc1j.jpg
    10wr4v4.jpg

Weapons level up by being on your active bar when you earn XP. You don't necessarily have to have any skills from that weapon on your bar at the time, but if you have some on your bar you'll level the weapon faster. What this means is that you can level a weapon by having that bar active when you kill stuff (which is why you're probably seeing destro staff level more easily), or you can level it by swapping to the bar that you have it on before you turn in a quest or do something else that earns you XP (like gaining exploration XP, or completion XP for doing a dolmen for the first time, or opening a chest). With a resto staff, this is an excellent way to level it quickly without worrying that you're not causing enough damage while you have it equipped. Also, if you get one that has the Training trait it will level much faster.

oh i see. thanks for the detailed info i willl try to remember it all
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

I actually leveled up healing a lot at first. Used both summons, ward and spam healing on myself and just use staff heavy attacks on things. When starting you have very little magic to use abilities. Ward is in summoning.

Damage wise elements help but crystal fragments and Velocious curse do more damage. Trying out volatile familiar. Either way I'm only rank V9, not like I'm a V14 or anything.

u mean conjured ward?