Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live Summary

ThatNeonZebraAgain
ThatNeonZebraAgain
✭✭✭✭✭
Some highlights (bear in mind these are my paraphrases/interpretations, and I might have missed stuff!):
  • Client stability fixes incoming. In the meantime, try going into your UserSettings.txt file (in ESO folder, Windows defaults it in My Documents), finding the PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 line, and changing the 2 to 0. This may help fix it, and they'd appreciate feedback on it.
  • Very appreciative of constructive feedback, especially the dedicated streamers, and overall lack of "OMFG ZOS WHY U DO DIS STUPID THING MUST BE IDIOT$". They said they can't address every desired tweak before live, but obviously are listening.
  • Adding buff to Werewolf that adds about 10k armor and spell resistance while in WW form.
  • Xivkyn polymorph can be found in Treasure Vaults (very very rarely), and they are tradeable.
  • Camel mount coming eventually (same with bear mounts).
  • Collectible thingies needed to open Trophy Vaults may become tradeable in the future.
  • Long-term plan to create Vet version of each dungeon.
  • Creating own custom costume isn't on list, but they have some similar/related plans they can't divulge yet.
  • UI improvements are incoming "fairly soon" (has been seen 'in-game' on their internal dev server) as part of larger quality of life improvements. Name plates, buffs/debuffs, etc., as well as subtitles. AttorneyAtLawl can rejoice!
  • More racial changes! Nord getting max health increased to 9%. Argonians getting max health boosted to 6% and healing received boosted to 9%; Said they wanted to encance what was there, keep current theme, not completely overhaul; healing received should help in PvP with longer TTK. Altmer and Bosmer changes are also being reverted. Keeping health regen passive, but possibly tweaking it in future updates.
  • Flying Blade damage craziness on PTS will be fixed.
  • Underwater combat not coming to ESO pretty much ever, though they might at some point allow more swimming environments.
  • Definitely working to make hybrid builds more viable, like through the new Prismatic Enchantments in IC that buff multiple stats.
  • Apparently, according to Rich Lambert, there is "really cool stuff" in the sewers "that nobody has discovered yet."
  • Portal Stones accidentally revealed to also be bought with AP.
  • Looking into allowing crits against damage shields, as well as another change to damage shields I didn't catch.
  • Emperor costume (once earned) likely going to be made wearable even when not Emperor.
  • CP Point Gap: Working on catch-up mechanic and seasonal cap (eg total amount of points you can spend per "season" before that number is raised in later updates). Aware of power disparity, but don't want to give timeline even though they want to get it in as quickly as they can.
  • Glass motif and ingredients will be in Crown Store eventually, but are first giving players time to earn it without buying.
  • Shield dying "is on the list," no timeframe
  • Bleeds and DoTs should be more useful now with longer TTK. But wanting to look at monster immunity to bleeds.
  • Still planning to keep all siege disabled in IC, but might add placed, stationary siege in specific places in districts if it looks like it would be useful/interesting.

EDIT: More I missed
  • Will test 80% Tel Var stones loss for PvP in next PTS patch push
Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on July 31, 2015 11:15PM
Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
Wayra High Elf Sorceress
Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[*] Underwater combat not coming to ESO pretty much ever, though they might at some point allow more swimming environments.

The question was for "content" but they did speak specifically about "underwater combat"... they said a little more than "no". But yea, the general answer was don't hold your breath.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm rewatching now and that one was pretty big for me, figured others may want to know :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like they are finally giving up the whole "imershun" idea and will be adding a viable UI. Nice.
    Xbox NA
    GT: Live Like Kure
    King Kush-MagSorc
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing on no regen while tanking, didn't even use there vague unspecific terminology like "problem" and "not fun"

still, thanks for the effort to watch and post all that.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

[*] Underwater combat not coming to ESO pretty much ever, though they might at some point allow more swimming environments.

The question was for "content" but they did speak specifically about "underwater combat"... they said a little more than "no". But yea, the general answer was don't hold your breath.

lol I see what you did there
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Where do I watch this?
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kloud wrote: »
    Where do I watch this?

here
    MissBizz wrote: »

I'm rewatching now and that one was pretty big for me, figured others may want to know :)

Thanks for adding that! I had a point about that in there, along with info about the TV Stone gathering competition that starts Monday, but I must've somehow deleted it.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on July 31, 2015 11:44PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Olivierko
    Olivierko
    ✭✭✭
    No additional Khajiit love?

Zenimax don't like cats with staffs it seems!
    Addons:PointificatorRaidificator

1. Dar'diov ★ AvA 25 ★ Nightblade
    2. Tig'ger ★ AvA 9 ★ Dragonknight
    3. Ba'bushka ★ AvA 28 ★ Sorcerer
    4. Hails-To-Putin ★ AvA 18 ★ Templar
    5. Ba'boon ★ AvA 13 ★ Sorcerer

6. PC EU ★ Aldmeri DominionYoutube
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olivierko wrote: »
    No additional Khajiit love?

Zenimax don't like cats with staffs it seems!

As a Khajit I think 20% HP Regen, 10% Stam Regen, 8% Physical Crit, and the Stealthy passive is a pretty decent set of racials. I wouldn't say no to adding the 8% Spell Crit as it always should have been.

You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9% health will probably push nords on par with other races. Wish health recovery was better
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Xivkyn polymorph can be found in Treasure Vaults (very very rarely), and they are tradeable.

Nice to see things like this findable in-game and not just in-Crown-Store. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol Altmer and Bosmer changes being verted?? lmao... Thanks to the complainers on that... now Altmer are back to being the third choice for magicka builds and Bosmer being behind Redguard as the favorite race for stamina users by far.

Like the Tel Var Stones change.
  • Chikenuget
    What does "Shield dying" mean/refer to?
    V14 Stam NB AD / V14 Mag NB DC
    V7 Stam DK DC
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperor costume (once earned) likely going to be made wearable even when not Emperor.
    Please, oh god please.

What they should have done was when Emperor make it shiny as in the main story then when you lose Emperor have it as it is now. Or you lose the ability to show/hide the crown.
    #MOREORBS
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭

PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 line, and changing the 2 to 0.

Are you sure that is correct? Mine says:

PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 "1"

Wouldn't you change the "1" to "0" and not the .2 to .0?
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Glass motif and ingredients will be in Crown Store eventually, but are first giving players time to earn it without buying.

Given the time investment about obtaining the glass motif and it's pieces (not to mention the gold investment as well), I'm a bit skeptical about this decision. Pricing wise, if the motif cost the same as other gold motifs in the crown store, due to incentives of difficulty of obtaining this motif, it would be wiser just to buy from the crown store rather than even work to obtain it in game. If it cost more than the other gold motifs, it would have to be rather substantial. Possibly I'd say around 7500 crowns, or even 10000 crowns. That's to make a stronger incentive to play the game for it. Either way though, you get crazy prices for a single item. Most people would not want to pay such a high cost as the 7500 crowns, and most people would not want to work for the motif if it cost the same as other gold motifs (at 5000).

In my opinion, it should be reconsidered to be put in the crown store at all. It requires a long grind to obtain, one that far surpasses other motifs in the store. Buying it in the crown store would be a very large 'convenience', pushing the edges of the term..
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [*] Still planning to keep all siege disabled in IC, but might add placed, stationary siege in specific places in districts if it looks like it would be useful/interesting.

Doesn't the intro to the livestream show siege in IC?

• TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    lol Altmer and Bosmer changes being verted?? lmao... Thanks to the complainers on that... now Altmer are back to being the third choice for magicka builds and Bosmer being behind Redguard as the favorite race for stamina users by far.

Is this a 100% sure thing? If so that sucks big time.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP Point Gap: Working on catch-up mechanic and seasonal cap (eg total amount of points you can spend per "season" before that number is raised in later updates). Aware of power disparity, but don't want to give timeline even though they want to get it in as quickly as they can.

Zos needs to realize that NERFING LATE is a reward to the players that at best grinded hard-core and at worst utilized exploits.

If you take a player with 200 CP today and a player with 800 CP and you institute a seasonal cap of 200 CP, you have effectively awarded the grinder by ensuring that his advantage will be permanent.

I agree the system needs adjustment, but it had better either be retroactive (releveling which people will hate) or place a one time cap at whatever the highest current CP is (perhaps 900 or 1000 I don't know) with a total max CP adjustment every so often. This would r#t@ard (Did you know the R-word is a verb too?) the CP gains of the grinders which they won't like, but they can still enjoy the advantage in the meantime while other players more slowly catch up.

But if I find that the price for stopping someones progression at 1000 CP is my own progression stopped at 300...I'll be very displeased.

I look forward to seeing some details on this plan. Edited because of very silly Zos bans on words.
    Edited by olemanwinter on August 1, 2015 4:01AM
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Adding buff to Werewolf that adds about 10k armor and spell resistance while in WW form."

+1 for Werewolves

It's been a long journey my fellow Werewolves, but we are slowly getting the attention we so desperately need. A toggle would be nice, but I'll settle for an ult cost reduction next. it should be anywhere from 200 to 250. 300 is still absurd(more so now than before considering I'm no longer 1 shoting people).

I would say that the biggest issue that remains though is the cost of WW skills. A 20% cost hit across the board is necessary, imo.
    King of Beasts

• Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    I would say that the biggest issue that remains though is the cost of WW skills. A 20% cost hit across the board is necessary, imo.
    Or at least give WW a time boost when in Cyrodiil.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

Altmer really needed this buff after all the nerfs and now they take it away again.
    All these annoying people here on the pts complaining about everything, look what they caused with this. So many negtaive incoming things. I sometimes wish, ZoS would stop listening so much to people. Even though people claim, ZoS is not listening. They're listening way too much to negative things that they shouldn't do
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ZOS about absolutely nothing about unjustified nerf to stamina regen.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/201125/allow-stamina-regeneration-while-blocking/p1
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel wrote: »

Given the time investment about obtaining the glass motif and it's pieces (not to mention the gold investment as well), I'm a bit skeptical about this decision. Pricing wise, if the motif cost the same as other gold motifs in the crown store, due to incentives of difficulty of obtaining this motif, it would be wiser just to buy from the crown store rather than even work to obtain it in game. If it cost more than the other gold motifs, it would have to be rather substantial. Possibly I'd say around 7500 crowns, or even 10000 crowns. That's to make a stronger incentive to play the game for it. Either way though, you get crazy prices for a single item. Most people would not want to pay such a high cost as the 7500 crowns, and most people would not want to work for the motif if it cost the same as other gold motifs (at 5000).

In my opinion, it should be reconsidered to be put in the crown store at all. It requires a long grind to obtain, one that far surpasses other motifs in the store. Buying it in the crown store would be a very large 'convenience', pushing the edges of the term..

what are you smoking? 100$ for a cosmetic option? seriously?

and agree maximus btw. but they have nothing of note to say on the subject, other then vague and unspecific things like "not fun" and "problem" but fail to mention in specific detail what the problem is, probably because if people found out it was getting *** because of pvp they would be more pissed
    Edited by Wing on August 1, 2015 7:32AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Still planning to keep all siege disabled in IC, but might add placed, stationary siege in specific places in districts if it looks like it would be useful/interesting.

Doesn't the intro to the livestream show siege in IC?

That was just cosmetic siege being operated by NPCs. They are aimed at the walls and can't be used by players.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

That's what he posted in the OP. I'll have to check out the episode for myself but all the whiners got this to happen, shocking lol.

I don't see how making Bosmer a viable choice against Redguards and Imperials and making Altmers a good choice over Dunmer and Bretons is a bad thing.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw I checked their Damage shield comments. They didn't say anything else. They talked about making shields critable and that healing ward isn't working as intendend @OP.
    So no surprises sadly :(
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Chikenuget wrote: »
    What does "Shield dying" mean/refer to?

Being able to change the color of your shield like you can with armor.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @olemanwinter i think the CP cap is a maximum you can spend in a season, so if you have ground out 800 and the cap is set at 300 then you can spend 300 and have another 500 banked as it were. Naturally when this comes in all CP allocations would be reset. Well that was my taken on it... if this is not the case it would be good to know @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going out on a limb here but I think they reverted the change to dissuade people from rerolling their bretons to atlmer or redgaurds to bosmer with the hopes of keeping alliance populations relatively close. I know if you preorder or explorers pack (i think) you can create in any alliance but thats not everyone. Like I said going out on a limb and its creaky.