The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

May we have the old Tab Target Visual back?

blabafat
blabafat
✭✭✭✭✭
In update 7 the tab targeting changed. Instead of white, visible corners around the enemy you targeted, the enemy is highlighted with a small glow. This makes it a lot harder to see/target enemies if there are multiple. Just my thoughts. I prefer the old visual
Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep or give us the option to choose for those who like a streamlined ui
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    yep or give us the option to choose for those who like a streamlined ui

Yeah, option would be nice.
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on board with this.

Tab targeting can be very important to my play and the new system on PTS seems unresponsive.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had to reduce my resolution way down to around 1024x600 or 800x600 with subsampling on low and low textures to handle Imperial City. At this level it is difficult to see the target.

Would be great if there were at least an option to add the tab target square in addition to the highlighted actor effect.
  • trippingchrissy
    I had to reduce my resolution way down to around 1024x600 or 800x600 with subsampling on low and low textures to handle Imperial City. At this level it is difficult to see the target.

Would be great if there were at least an option to add the tab target square in addition to the highlighted actor effect.

I think this is a really good point - I play on ultra settings, and I was fully prepared to hate the new tab targeting, given the comments I read. But after I tried it out a few times, I think it looks quite nice and got used to it pretty quickly. The outline was very crisp and bright and it was not any more annoying for me to cycle through targets than with the old box. But I can imagine that if you aren't playing on max settings, the outline could look really quite horrible.
    ---
    Officer of House Reddoran, the official reddit guild for NA EP on PC/PS4/XB1
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think this is a really good point - I play on ultra settings, and I was fully prepared to hate the new tab targeting, given the comments I read. But after I tried it out a few times, I think it looks quite nice and got used to it pretty quickly. The outline was very crisp and bright and it was not any more annoying for me to cycle through targets than with the old box. But I can imagine that if you aren't playing on max settings, the outline could look really quite horrible.

I think the new highlighting looks great, it's just a bit harder to see. Sometimes I can't quite tell if I've targeted a player or a mob.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 31, 2015 10:05PM
  • Vatter
    Vatter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the new tab targeting. its easy to see