Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

motifs

Lightninvash
Lightninvash
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm fairly new to eso and I hear a lot of talk about motifs are they different tier based or just mainly for different looks? I am confused on exactly what they are.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly new to eso and I hear a lot of talk about motifs are they different tier based or just mainly for different looks? I am confused on exactly what they are.

Just different looks
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Lokustreign
    Lokustreign
    ✭✭

Tier based in the sense that there are motifs that are rarer than others. Some are superior quality, some are epic. Motifs are usable items (books) that teach your character a specific style. For more info: elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Styles

To find them you need to loot: desks, wardrobes, nightstands, backpacks, urns, trunks, etc. One of the best ways to find them is by farming loot containers in Dwemer ruins.
    Diomedeidae - DC - VR8 Sorcerer
    High on Fire - DC - 36 Nightblade
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then in order to craft epic gear you will require the epic motifs? @Lokustreign
  • Lokustreign
    Lokustreign
    ✭✭
    So then in order to craft epic gear you will require the epic motifs? @Lokustreign

No. If you want to craft epic gear you simply need the base materials and then improvement mats to bump it up to epic quality. Again, motifs help you learn a certain style. For example, let's say your character is a Breton but you want your gear to look like an Orc, you'd have to learn the Orc motif to craft Orc-style gear. Get it?
    Diomedeidae - DC - VR8 Sorcerer
    High on Fire - DC - 36 Nightblade
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The following is a great visual guide to the different motif styles you can craft

http://eso-fashion.com/

You can see what each looks like at each material level, as they are different. What you like at one level you may not like at another.

Edited by Nestor on July 30, 2015 11:08PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh i see now any one can be any tier if u have the mats to bump it up. Got it now thank you for the info
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    What Lokustreign meant about epic motifs, is that there are 9 Blues that are fairly easy to find. There are 4 Purples that are much harder to find, and then there's 1 gold Legendary Motif (Imperial) that is very very hard to find.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Lokustreign meant about epic motifs, is that there are 9 Blues that are fairly easy to find. There are 4 Purples that are much harder to find, and then there's 1 gold Legendary Motif (Imperial) that is very very hard to find.
    ahhh I see thanks for the added info on that. :)