The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

if no stam regen while blocking, then no mag regen either

EvilEmpire
EvilEmpire
✭✭✭
There have been some great suggestions on changing the stam regen while blocking (i.e. number of hvy armor increases regen, etc), but in reality this nerf doesn't just nerf tanking. It also greatly nerfs any stam char who utilizes block casting.

So if you're going to nerf all stam chars who use block, I think it's only fair to nerf mag regen while blocking as well.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This already is a nerf for blockcasters. Because they cannot blockcast forever like they used to do. And if they cannot block while casting, they are vulnerable. Finally, was so sick of this blockcasting thing.They just stand in front of you, blocking and spaming whips.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would only make Blocking even worse while not fixing the problem of Blocking now being crap.

a fair comparison would be having a Shield on you made it so you didn't regen magicka. (Which i don't think would balanced, just like I don't think the current Blocking Mechanic is balanced)

• Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This certainly seems fair, but would rather see an adjustment; like 50% less regen to both. Though there will be perhaps a modicum of criticism from magicka users. Just a skosh, really. Maybe. *braces for avalanche*
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    It seems unlikely that they will ever get rid of block casting (I wish they would), so it just seems logical to nerf both stam and mag regen while blocking, rather than only punishing one stat.

Dracane wrote: »
    This already is a nerf for blockcasters. Because they cannot blockcast forever like they used to do. And if they cannot block while casting, they are vulnerable. Finally, was so sick of this blockcasting thing.They just stand in front of you, blocking and spaming whips.

Staff users still block cast and never run of mag. They might run out of stam now, but that's not their bread and butter like it would be for say a DW NB.

I just honestly don't think it's an unreasonable request because I feel like with this change, they're really knocking stam users back to like it was in the old days.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    It seems unlikely that they will ever get rid of block casting (I wish they would), so it just seems logical to nerf both stam and mag regen while blocking, rather than only punishing one stat.

Staff users still block cast and never run of mag. They might run out of stam now, but that's not their bread and butter like it would be for say a DW NB.

I just honestly don't think it's an unreasonable request because I feel like with this change, they're really knocking stam users back to like it was in the old days.

I don't mean to judge :) You can make suggestions.
    I just think, that this is a nerf to tanks and blockcasters. We'll see how it turns out.

Even if they would decrease stamina regen by 50% while blocking, people would easily find ways how to keep on permablocking and casting all day long. And permablock is the most annoying thing in this game in my opinion. This nerf might seem heavy, but I think it is the only solution to deal with this huge problem.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the PvE tanks will just *love* this suggestion ...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the PvE tanks will just *love* this suggestion ...

I do indeed :) I said it a few times now, but each class has ways to restore Stamina. Why not make use of it ? And people seem to forget, that a heavy attack restores a quite huge amount of your stamina.

I play all 3 roles in dungeons and always found tanking to be the easiest and most boring. I just stand there, hold my block and nothing can harm me. Now it gets far more interesting and challenging :) I really enjoyed what I tested so far.
    Damn I wish Sorcerers could blockcast Dark Deal :( But that would be OP I suppose
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 stamina regen is a unjustified nerf introduced to PTS (And soon to live server, because ZOS seems to ignore any feedback on it, too busy with DLC, rahter than base game patch) under false accusation.

1st is that supposedly ZOS wants to make tanking more interactive? plainly speaking ZOS claims tanking is boring. This is completely false just like the lie PVPers who advocate for this change, are repeating over and over again. Tanking is nothing near boring. It will be boring only if the player who is tanking decides to play that way or makes himself that way.

1% of ESO community, blase elite, gross on CP and best gear will declare that tanking is boring (including DPS PVP builds who will just advocate this change for the kicks and lolz). They completly ignore that beside their own "Me, myself" there is 99% of community left, players who just started game, are playing game and didnt lose their teeths on grinding CP.

What happens when ZOS listens to that 1%? Insane ubernerfs like 0 stam regen happen.

There is no problem when ZOS adds difficult content to satisfy top end players.

There is problem when ZOS decides to break game for whole ESO tanking community, just to satisfy 1%

2nd false reason is that supposedly permablocking, permacasting tanks are OP in PVP cant be killed and deal too much damage and they should be nerfed. Its false once again, because people in PVP see someone with sword and board and they declare "DIS MUST BE TANK, NERF HIM"

When a DPS build puts on sword and board, he is not magically becoming tank. He is still a DPS with just sword and board, a fake tank. ZOS just decided, that instead of finding source of problem (damage output while with 1 hand and shield, limiting change just to cyriodiil or PVP battles) they will just ubernerf everyone who use shield to block.
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    0 stamina regen is a unjustified nerf introduced to PTS (And soon to live server, because ZOS seems to ignore any feedback on it, too busy with DLC, rahter than base game patch) under false accusation.

1st is that supposedly ZOS wants to make tanking more interactive? plainly speaking ZOS claims tanking is boring. This is completely false just like the lie PVPers who advocate for this change, are repeating over and over again. Tanking is nothing near boring. It will be boring only if the player who is tanking decides to play that way or makes himself that way.

1% of ESO community, blase elite, gross on CP and best gear will declare that tanking is boring (including DPS PVP builds who will just advocate this change for the kicks and lolz). They completly ignore that beside their own "Me, myself" there is 99% of community left, players who just started game, are playing game and didnt lose their teeths on grinding CP.

What happens when ZOS listens to that 1%? Insane ubernerfs like 0 stam regen happen.

There is no problem when ZOS adds difficult content to satisfy top end players.

There is problem when ZOS decides to break game for whole ESO tanking community, just to satisfy 1%

2nd false reason is that supposedly permablocking, permacasting tanks are OP in PVP cant be killed and deal too much damage and they should be nerfed. Its false once again, because people in PVP see someone with sword and board and they declare "DIS MUST BE TANK, NERF HIM"

When a DPS build puts on sword and board, he is not magically becoming tank. He is still a DPS with just sword and board, a fake tank. ZOS just decided, that instead of finding source of problem (damage output while with 1 hand and shield, limiting change just to cyriodiil or PVP battles) they will just ubernerf everyone who use shield to block.

I had to laugh out loud when they showed the QA video and none of them were even playing a tank....
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is already a huge nerf to any magicka build that did not use S&B. it makes most blocking pointless.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    This is already a huge nerf to any magicka build that did not use S&B. it makes most blocking pointless.

not really. Most mag chars aren't relying on stam regen anyway and their stam pool is what it is. Take away that regen though, and it's a whole different ball game, like it is for a stam based char.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    EvilEmpire wrote: »

If you're of the mindset that people will continue to hold block, yes it is more of a nerf to Stam builds. But consider the intent is to get everyone to quit holding block. Period. It's not more of a nerf to stam or magicka, it's to get people to selectively block and not hold down the damn button forever.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    The PROBLEM is they didnt address the PROBLEM with the fix. All they did was break things more and punish the entire community to suit the 1% who didnt like that certain mechanic.

The PROBLEM is they didnt prevent Blockcasting or disable the ability to cast from behind a block, which would have solved the problem without effecting 99% of those who arent abusing the system.

The PROBLEM is they stand by silently ignoring our feedback because theyve made up their minds on this horrible decision regardless of what the players truly want or feel about it.

The PROBLEM doesnt stand with PvEers, PvPers, Block Casters, Tanks, or any Players. The PROBLEM here is ZOS!!!
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server