The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ignoring other players on the forums. Quick question

olemanwinter
olemanwinter
✭✭✭✭✭
If I ignore another player on the forums, I know I won't see his posts, but will he still see mine? Or does it make it so neither party can see the other party's post.

The reason I ask, is because if someone is following you around replying to you....ignoring them only allows them to say whatever they want at your expense unchecked.

I think it stops the ignored party from viewing your posts as well, but I want to be sure.

Can anyone confirm?
  • Whilhelmina
    Whilhelmina
    ✭✭✭
    I think the ignored party still sees you.
    If you want, you can ignore me, say so in this post, and I'll check tomorrow to see if I see your answer and answer in my turn and then you'll un-ignore me and check?
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so you are NOW IGNORED and this is a test message to see if you can read it.

Blaa blaa blaa.

I will leave you ignored until tomorrow afternoon, Saturday 08/01. Approximately 24 hours from now I will unignore you and see if you were able to read this. Hopefully you will check this thread between now and then.
    Edited by olemanwinter on July 31, 2015 8:39PM
  • Whilhelmina
    Whilhelmina
    ✭✭✭
    I see you !

(yes, I'm the Eye of Sauron)
    if anyone stops by, you might want to tell @olemanwinter the answer to his question.
    Edited by Whilhelmina on July 31, 2015 8:42PM
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap. This seems to indicate that you can still read these posts.

This system doesn't work.

If you are just following me around flaming my comments and I ignore you....now You just get a free pass to ridicule everything I type without rebuttal.

Hmmm :-/
  • Whilhelmina
    Whilhelmina
    ✭✭✭
    btw I was able to send a comment on your character profile, but sending a pm gives me the message: "Unable to create conversation, olemanwinter is ignoring you."

btw: olemanwinter is crap
    (just trying to ridicule you hehe :wink: )
    Edited by Whilhelmina on July 31, 2015 8:47PM
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've now unignored you. This was a fast test.

Frankly I don't understand why anyone would ever ignore another person on these forums now.

It's not as if any "offensive material or comments" are allowed anyway. There is nothing to "shield your eyes" from.

Oh well. Guess I will just have to be perpetually trolled and baited by the same people who never seem to draw any consequences while being ever so careful to tow the line in my replies.

GOOD TEST. BAD SYSTEM :D

Thanks very much.
  • Whilhelmina
    Whilhelmina
    ✭✭✭
    You're most welcome. I thought it would be easier and faster to actually test than to wait for some guesses from users or an elusive moderator reply ;p

It might be useful if you know a player who trolls a lot and want to avoid seeing constant trolls from said user. Side problem is that it impairs you from following threads where said player trolls (as you only have half the conversation). It's the main reason why I never used the ignore button on boards where it's enabled.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @olemanwinter !

If another player is posting comments that violate our code of conduct, please feel free to report them using the report option at the bottom right corner of each post.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hi @olemanwinter !

If another player is posting comments that violate our code of conduct, please feel free to report them using the report option at the bottom right corner of each post.

Honestly, I've done that. And their posts remain unedited and they get no consequences. Meanwhile they keep baiting others into bans with multiple instances of Naming and Shaming (edit: Fabricated btw)

I won't bother to report anyone anymore. I'm sure this post will probably get deleted due to "discussing mod decisions".

Eh, I'm over it.
    Edited by olemanwinter on August 2, 2015 9:24PM