The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sorcs on the pts?

Dougall1988
How are they with the nerfs? Im on xbox I cant try myself.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, depending on your gear, you're very likely to have lower stats overall when you login to patch 2.1.

*Set pieces that require 2-4 traits to craft have been substantially nerfed; so Torug's Pact, for example, will have 30% less on its stats, and wep damage was REPLACED with spell resistance (If you're running a magicka build, you obviously won't care about this one, just an example). Even found set pieces like Dreugh King Slayer have lowered stats.

*Crafted gear no longer gets a +1 bonus over found gear. The only advantage to crafting now is to choose your trait. And both Reinforced and Nirnhoned have taken a 35% decrease. But perhaps you like Well-Fitted to sprint more, so this may not matter.

*Enchantment Glyphs that add Health, Magicka, and Stamina have all been reduced, supposedly to offset the regen ones being insufficient (Jewelry damage glyphs have been increased, but they were obnoxiously low before, and will definitely not offset the loss here or from the set pieces).

*If you liked Bolt Escape, well there's plenty of threads already on this. Those who don't play as Sorc, want to pin them down easier, love the trashing of it; those who do will have less fun as a sitting duck more than likely.

**If you liked Destructive Clench on a Fire Staff, Wizard Golf is gone. No more Stun, replaced with minor DoT. Stun is now on the Shock Staff, but no knockback. This only ever worked on trash NPC mobs anyway (and any creature that posed any real threat was immune), but as with all skill balance changes, must have bothered the PVP crowd. It's okay for the Uppercut from the DK to knock them around, but not the Staff. Whatever.

*All creatures have had their physical and spell resistances doubled from 9-18%. Most have more HP. Many creatures have had their moves adjusted. If you would like the game to be more challenging, this should be appealing.

*Evasion is more expensive overall with substantial penalties to consecutive roll-dodge, bolt escape, and no stamina regen while blocking, and this might convince you to put a couple more points in stamina to compensate. Taking away from Magicka or Health most likely.

Summary: As with any update, expect to modify your skillbar and/or playstyle, change your gear to compensate for the changes, and enjoy another forced learning curve, even though you probably think you know things pretty well in almost 3 months. I would be frustrated by the new update, but that would imply some element of surprise.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »

*Set pieces that require 2-4 traits to craft have been substantially nerfed; so Torug's Pact, for example, will have 30% less on its stats, and wep damage was REPLACED with spell resistance (If you're running a magicka build, you obviously won't care about this one, just an example). Even found set pieces like Dreugh King Slayer have lowered stats.

*Crafted gear no longer gets a +1 bonus over found gear. The only advantage to crafting now is to choose your trait. And both Reinforced and Nirnhoned have taken a 35% decrease. But perhaps you like Well-Fitted to sprint more, so this may not matter.

Few questions...

1: I've read that they nerfed ALL Spell Damage and Weapon Damage stats on every set, is this true?

2: What exactly is the +1 bonus? Are you talking the 'five piece' bonus?

3: Has the Weapon Crit bonus on sets been touched at all?

I can understand them nerfing 2-4 trait sets, I found it odd that I could craft low level sets with the same exact stats as sets requiring more traits, but not to the point of making crafting pretty much pointless if they continued the nerf with high level sets as well. Seems to me they are giving crafters, who tend to spend a huge amount of time playing the game, the shaft. Obviously we SHOULD have a bonus over found gear, because of the amount of time we spend researching, deconstructing, farming mats, etc. It is almost like they are totally devaluing players who put in a large amount of time working on their crafting skills, especially weapon and armor crafters.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****