The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

[Exploit report] Player spamming Solar Disturbance in IC; client crashing to boot.

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    From what i saw (and i was there too when this happened) he was " following the boss" that was running in circles i the big road (since i belive a thing 7 meters tall cannot go in the small ones because of a script) , i've got the aggro (for no REASON...) of that boss many times and his movement are heavly scripted, SO from what i saw (again) he was following the boss while casting the ultimate, and in addition i've runned tru his ultimate many times and i was'nt taking any damage

Skipping the rest of this argument/bug report... That boss seemed to chase me a lot when I was only healing. Not sure if his script has him target healers after anyone who has taunted, but I actually kited him for 5-7 min, until the opposing faction killed me, while my faction tried to kill him and I spammed Mutagen/Healing Springs as I got magic..

He actually doesn't have a script, from what I observed. He works like all other melee monsters in the absence of a taunt, granting an outsized amount of agro for damage or healing done based on the distance away the attacker is from him. In other words, if you are 20 meters away and cast a heal for the same amount as someone else who is 5 meters away, you would gain substantially higher values on the agro table and be attacked in favor of the closer enemy. Like I said, there are some quirks, as well as completely-unexplained-inside-of-the-game-proper mechanics that you can really only pick up on with very careful testing and observation... yet another in the long list of reasons from gameplay to community and socialization, that I have long advocated for a more transparent UI to allow people to see the gameplay happening underneath it all :).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 31, 2015 5:05PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A defensible position doesn't require defending...
  • brando_bellcub18_ESO
    Attorney, please change the title of this thread from Player to "Snatch gra-Biddy" or "ESO Death Race 2000".
    Trixen - DC - Sorc
    Snatch gra-Biddy - DC - Tmp
    Brugmansia - EP - DK
    Vixene - AD - NB
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the EXACT thing I fear during EVERY pts....people find exploits then try to keep them for themselves....... someones god only knows how many more of these are out there that people are not reporting..........
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @brando_bellcub18_ESO really funny...
    Signature

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    A defensible position doesn't require defending...

When the facts are muddied with misinformation and claims to the contrary, it's smart to make the reality clear for decision upon. If someone's accused of shoplifting outside of a store they hadn't even entered that day, do you also feel them stating "I didn't do it!" means they did it, because as you said "a defensible position doesn't require defending"?

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    I gotta say that I had alot of fun doing it as a solo tank, if you like tanking bosses that one in the pic is a real monster. And I would like to reiterate that the spam caused no lag, a really good improvement from the currently live cyrodiil where this is a real issue with ultimates going off in large fights. I believe its because the IC is sectioned into instances to keep the population apart, really good design choice. This would be a great buff for someone to get as emp but only in the city.
    Trixen - DC - Sorc
    Brugmansia - EP - DK
    Vixene - AD - NB
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone @Zos please clarify the policy on "naming and shaming"? Does it not apply to "community ambassadors"? Thanks.
  • brando_bellcub18_ESO
    Can someone @Zos please clarify the policy on "naming and shaming"? Does it not apply to "community ambassadors"? Thanks.

Wordsmiths gotta smith words you know?
    Trixen - DC - Sorc
    Brugmansia - EP - DK
    Vixene - AD - NB
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this directed at @Attorneyatlawl ?
    I don't understand the thought processes behind the criticism he's getting here - he noticed what he thought was a bug, and posted a censored screenshot and thorough explanation of events... the player in question decided to identify himself (hence was not named) and Attorney kept respectful despite some 'interesting', unconstructive responses (hence did not shame). Feels like a bit of a witch hunt to me.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• brando_bellcub18_ESO
    Panth141 wrote: »

Is this directed at @Attorneyatlawl ?
    I don't understand the thought processes behind the criticism he's getting here - he noticed what he thought was a bug, and posted a censored screenshot and thorough explanation of events... the player in question decided to identify himself (hence was not named) and Attorney kept respectful despite some 'interesting', unconstructive responses (hence did not shame). Feels like a bit of a witch hunt to me.

Title says it all, how many views you think this is going to get?
    Trixen - DC - Sorc
    Brugmansia - EP - DK
    Vixene - AD - NB
  • brando_bellcub18_ESO
    Docmandu wrote: »

Just quoting you, since it seems you need the attention. Here you go... /troll fed

I think you missed the point.

Trixen - DC - Sorc
    Brugmansia - EP - DK
    Vixene - AD - NB
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    attorney you still have yet to edit the original screen shot. It still shows the player name.Standards apply to everyone or they apply to no one.Bottom most left hand corner in blue.Your intent may have been noble in cause but the execution has a flaw yet to be rectified.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just quoting you, since it seems you need the attention. Here you go... /troll fed

The point is that an Ambassador like @Attorneyatlawl has no power (and since i've named him he can confirm this).
    Right now the "name" of the player is hidden and it will cause no more problems but no... you have come here to tell evryone that it was you.
    I belive that if you don't do this anymore it will be no problems and the only "person " you should worry about is @zos i personally don't care.

At this point just send a PM to @ZOS_BrianWheeler with how you have done the "exploit" and evryone will calm down...
    Signature

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A single /bug report explaining the crash would be much more helpful than this thread.
    Wololo.
  • brando_bellcub18_ESO

The point is that an Ambassador like @Attorneyatlawl has no power (and since i've named him he can confirm this).
    Right now the "name" of the player is hidden and it will cause no more problems but no... you have come here to tell evryone that it was you.
    I belive that if you don't do this anymore it will be no problems and the only "person " you should worry about is @zos i personally don't care.

At this point just send a PM to @ZOS_BrianWheeler with how you have done the "exploit" and evryone will calm down...

Just doing what you are supposed to do on a pts,
    Gyudan wrote: »
    A single /bug report explaining the crash would be much more helpful than this thread.

That sir is exactly what was done, the point of this thread is to draw attention obviously.
    Trixen - DC - Sorc
    Brugmansia - EP - DK
    Vixene - AD - NB
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That sir is exactly what was done, the point of this thread is to draw attention obviously.

If you had just told us originally that you had reported it instead of flinging insults and drawing attention to yourself then this thread wouldn't have turned into such a train wreck.
  • brando_bellcub18_ESO

If you had just told us originally that you had reported it instead of flinging insults and drawing attention to yourself then this thread wouldn't have turned into such a train wreck.

Am I not allowed to comment on a thread that is about me? There is another thread called Nova Spam that I felt I didn't need to comment on though.
    Edited by brando_bellcub18_ESO on July 31, 2015 6:54PM
    Trixen - DC - Sorc
    Brugmansia - EP - DK
    Vixene - AD - NB
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I not allowed to comment on a thread that is about me?

Huh?

No one is saying you are not 'allowed' to do anything. No one is stopping you from coming in here and flinging poo instead of being constructive and reassuring the community that you reported an exploit you found.

I was simply pointing out that all this drama could have been avoided if you had simply stated that you reported the exploit, since you did choose to participate in the discussion and identify yourself.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    This has been reported to the combat crew and our coder gang =)
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Thank you
  • brando_bellcub18_ESO

Am I not allowed to comment on a thread that is about me?

Huh?

No one is saying you are not 'allowed' to do anything. No one is stopping you from coming in here and flinging poo instead of being constructive and reassuring the community that you reported an exploit you found.

I was simply pointing out that all this drama could have been avoided if you had simply stated that you reported the exploit, since you did choose to participate in the discussion and identify yourself.

I think that the point of this thread was to just get attention, and not by me. I had only one star on the forums, don't care abit to comment on things normally unless I specifically am interested in something said which is rare.
    Trixen - DC - Sorc
    Brugmansia - EP - DK
    Vixene - AD - NB
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is indeed the case, and can also be confirmed in the original announcement thread about the Community Ambassador program. :)

✭✭✭
    Greetings Everyone,

We're going to go ahead and close this thread now, as it's turned argumentative. We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

We are investigating this report and we'll reach out if we need additional information. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.