The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Templar Healers and Repentance Skill

WyldfireWyrm
WyldfireWyrm
✭✭✭
How good is Repentance to have as a templar healer?

I'm finding that it feels like a waste of a slot on my 37 Khajiit Templar. I barely noticed the 10% magicka then passive attached to the ability because it isn't on my main healing bar. It's only real use is on bosses with adds whose bodies don't disappear immediately after dying. Since most boss adds do seem to immediately disappear, I rarely use it. Trash pulls are do quick there really isn't a need for it. And it has no direct use in boss fights with no adds.

Does anyone else feel this way? Am I just not using it correctly? Or am I underestimating the use of the skill in end game content?
  • namelessone
    I use it on my second bar. When corpses pile up IF you have no magicka you have a free heal plus stamina recovery for you and allies. Just activate it every 2-3 corpses. In the arena I use it more often then other places personally.
  • WyldfireWyrm
    WyldfireWyrm
    ✭✭✭
    So it might have done merit for end game content?

I thought you lost the stamina and health regeneration for teammates in exchange for the free heal?

I guess it just feels too situational right now, so I kept the skill, but switched it for something else. Hopefully I can find more use for it later on down the line.
  • namelessone
    no you gain buffs for having it slotted and then you recover health and stamina per corpse for you and EVERY nearby teammate
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs nothing, and most tanks (and many DPS) are going to request you have it when the stam regen changes hit with 2.1. I'd find room on your bar for it now and get used to using it when you're in groups.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • WyldfireWyrm
    WyldfireWyrm
    ✭✭✭
    I use Spear Shards for DPS and stamina recovery. It seems a little redundant to have multiple of those, especially when one is super situational. I totally get the free heal and stamina side, but I guess it just feels a little too specific for me.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well its perfect to have both in DSA both veteran and normal. But in boss fights like gold pledges where tank needs to hold mobs alive before boss dead, then it is redundant.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an absolute must have for any group with a stamina DPS.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a great skill, in vet Dungeons and DSA I do 50-70% of my healing with repentance. And in contrast to breath of life it heals instant without having to cancel the animation of the skill.
  • WyldfireWyrm
    WyldfireWyrm
    ✭✭✭
    Okay. Well it sounds like it will become a good skill to have around for veteran content. I'll try work it into my rotation a little more so that it becomes more common place for me.

Thanks all.
  • o_Skellington_o
    The only time it's not that useful is boss fights with no adds. Even then I'll usually keep it slotted for the passives. And I'm too lazy to change it.
  • WyldfireWyrm
    WyldfireWyrm
    ✭✭✭
    How do you guys feel about the Purifying Light spell? Is it worth casting every 6 seconds for the HoT and damage assist?
    Edited by WyldfireWyrm on August 2, 2015 6:14AM