Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina or magicka dragon light?

predkill29
predkill29
✭✭
My current dk is a stamina build, I want to know how good a magick dk is. My race is imperial but I'm not to worry about min maxing. Should I switch to magicka or stay as stamina?
-Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
Master crafter
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you do pvp or pve? In a group or solo? Do you prefer tanking or dealing damage?
    In general I'd say both magicka and stamina dks can be strong.
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    Do you do pvp or pve? In a group or solo? Do you prefer tanking or dealing damage?
    In general I'd say both magicka and stamina dks can be strong.

Sorry I forgot all of that.
    1.Pvp
    2.both solo and group
    3.i like dps

Hope this helps.
    Master crafter
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    Anyone?
    Master crafter
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka DK Fire Mages make great DPSs. So do stamina DKs. It depends on your play style. Do you like slotting primarily weapon abilities or do you want to kill things with fire? Stamina DKs have access to a few good stamina morphs, but magicka DKs naturally have a bit more freedom in the class abilities department. As a magicka DK, you'd be spending most of your time in melee range, even if you use a staff. You can still use stamina melee weapons (DW or 2H) as a magicka DK because they increase your spell power, but you really wouldn't be able to/want to use any weapon abilities in that case. It's really up to you. Both are great.
  • DarkDeller
    I got an imperial magika dk. I use destruction staff for my main damage and a 1hsand board when group for more survivability. I actually do ok as a tank while grouping
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a 2h dw stam setup on my dk. I have a blast with him. Amongst stam builds I think its at good as the stam nb but in different ways (more beefy and durable). Seems they got tons of abilities that synergize well together and can play it multiple ways.

I feel like they are one of the best zerg buster in the game after prox det sorcs and nb.

Used magika lash build back in its golden days. Was strong but felt wrong using it. Tons of ppl used similar builds. Didnt feel like I brought a lot to large groups.