The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Must delete unnecessary content from system storage" ...

FPetersonIII_ESO
I can't download the patch. I have over 23gb of free space on my PS4 but it tells me "To download the content, you must delete unnecessary content from system storage." I won't be deleting anything. What is the problem?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the ESO patch system! Do a search here, this has been discussed ad nauseum in the past.

Basically, ZOS uses large repository files that have no provision for being updated partially.
    If one byte changes inside a 400MB repository, they are re-downloading the whole 400MB file.
    dry.gif

PS: As a result, even small patches are usually in the GB download range.
    Edited by SirAndy on July 30, 2015 11:37PM