Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Windows 10 update, stuck on 'LOADING'

Lannister
Lannister
Soul Shriven
The screen looks like this: i.gyazo.com/ec6a982482fccc232540e3ea52cc119d.jpg

Any suggestions? I haven't reinstalled, and it's not my internet speed, as it's running at a pretty decent download speed.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Windows 10 is literally 1 day old. Can't expect too much.
  • Lannister
    Lannister
    Soul Shriven
    Windows 10 is literally 1 day old. Can't expect too much.

I'm asking for a work-around, if one exists. I know it's one day old, but I'm asking for a solution.
  • Lannister
    Lannister
    Soul Shriven
    UPDATE: I can get through on eso.exe, but it boots me, saying my client is out of date.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lannister wrote: »
    The screen looks like this: i.gyazo.com/ec6a982482fccc232540e3ea52cc119d.jpg

Any suggestions? I haven't reinstalled, and it's not my internet speed, as it's running at a pretty decent download speed.

Have you checked the sticky thread bout common issues??
    Even if you did a windows upgrade, you got to approach it as a fresh isntallation. So check if you got the newest drivers for your hardware. Also make sure you run the Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe and eso.exe with the compatibility mode set to windows XP SP3 and with run as dadministrator checked. Make sure you change these settings for all users.
    Also in the firewall you need to give permissions for the launcher and the game to contact the internet. It seems very likely its one these regular issues.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    I would simply just try and use the "repair" option in ESO. It will take a long time but it should solve the issue. Of course take the necessary requirements of doing a complete cold boot before and after the repair will only solidify the potential remedy.

If you don't have the option to repair the game I would attempt to use the "GameConsultant" app located in "Program Files (x86) > Launcher" There is also another app called "launcher_helper" which I don't know what it does but because I don't have launcher issues it doesn't do anything when I attempt to use it. The Game Consultant will allow you to run tests in your machine and you can forward that information to Zenimax Online where they can give you a potential remedy short of completely un-installing and re-installing the game. (Which we all know takes a very very long time)

I hope this helps.
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    *One last thing to try.

Windows 10 might have change something with your network. If indeed this is the case, try to make sure you have all the necessary ports open on your router. You can find the information here

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/68288/ports-to-open-on-router-for-eso

Keep in mind I am just trying to look outside of the box and going on a hunch. The reason is because the launcher does rely on an internet connection to launch properly.

I hope this helps.
  • vwaskarb16_ESO
    One problem I came across was the lack of DirectX 11 support in Windows 10 believe it or not, it is missing DX11 APIs that ESO uses.

Which is a bummer :persevere:

EDIT: Just went to upgrade my horse, and was kicked into a loading screen..... still no response to get back into game.

EDIT2: So far so good, there has been a slight delay in loading models and textures sometimes, but nothing bad.

GPU is running a bit hotter, but I have noticed a small improvent to frame rate.
    Edited by vwaskarb16_ESO on July 30, 2015 5:46PM