Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why ppl always needs purple and golden mats?

NGP
NGP
✭✭✭
Personally I wouldn't make gold stuff before max lvl. I might make some purple equipments like v10 or sth.
But I've been seeing ppl always bought them. Just being curious. Or maybe the reason is there are ppl keeping reaching max lvl? Then would the price of these things drop after a while, as there not so many new player as before?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people have millions of gold, and since there is no retire home for old adventures, why not spend it.
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Some people have millions of gold, and since there is no retire home for old adventures, why not spend it.

Good point
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've bought all the motifs I want and still making 10-20k a day from stuff I sell on the guild store. Just stuff I find while adventuring. So I git nothing to spend it on now. Just stockpiling purple and gold heavy/wood improvements. Considering it takes 35 alloys to make a full armor set, I'm starting to stockpile it now.

I'm vet 5 so will probably make gold at 10 and then 14. Currently just making it blue every rank. Making my bow purple as I only 5 a rank and usually manage to do that.
  • Pompeyfluff
    planning ahead. Only VR6 but already got the materials to make a VR14 Hist Bark set (5 pieces) and level them all to Epic rarity, and enough to make 1 legendary piece.

Should have enough to complete the set in legendary form by the time i reach Vr14
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    planning ahead. Only VR6 but already got the materials to make a VR14 Hist Bark set (5 pieces) and level them all to Epic rarity, and enough to make 1 legendary piece.

Should have enough to complete the set in legendary form by the time i reach Vr14
    Just in time to scrap it for VR16 gear.

That's the problem with ESO, 3 level cap rises (with the resultant obsoleting of hard-won drops or long-time-in-the-making- crafting gear) in the space of 15 months whereas in normal MMOs it usually happens at most once a year.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 30, 2015 10:57AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I've bought all the motifs I want and still making 10-20k a day from stuff I sell on the guild store. Just stuff I find while adventuring. So I git nothing to spend it on now. Just stockpiling purple and gold heavy/wood improvements. Considering it takes 35 alloys to make a full armor set, I'm starting to stockpile it now.

I'm vet 5 so will probably make gold at 10 and then 14. Currently just making it blue every rank. Making my bow purple as I only 5 a rank and usually manage to do that.

Yeah keep enough mats to gold all v16 gear when it comes.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

Just in time to scrap it for VR16 gear.

That's the problem with ESO, 3 level cap rises (with the resultant obsoleting of hard-won drops or long-time-in-the-making- crafting gear) in the space of 15 months whereas in normal MMOs it usually happens at most once a year.

Zos tries to bring some new activities. But wouldn't it better to be able to upgrade ur gears lvl? And what on earth does gear lvl mean? It just doesn't make sense. It's a brilliant idea to wearing out though.
    Edited by NGP on July 30, 2015 1:25PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the economy functions better with new gear being needed and such new purple/gold items.

Also people make new alts etc. all the time, so the demand for a new awesome max power set is there.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd just save your gold mats for the VR18 gear that will be coming with the Wrothgar DLC in late 2015/early 2016. As it stands now, it is so time comsuming, and requires so many mats to make 1 set of VR16 armour, by the time most people have all the materials, VR18 will be here. :neutral:
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just save your gold mats for the VR18 gear that will be coming with the Wrothgar DLC in late 2015/early 2016. As it stands now, it is so time comsuming, and requires so many mats to make 1 set of VR16 armour, by the time most people have all the materials, VR18 will be here. :neutral:

I won't be reaching v16 then yet. Even I did. I might put on whatever I pick up like I always do, as the new gears sound demanding much more.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing since beta. When i reached vr14 it was my understanding that if anything vr14 ranks were going away, not increasing. So i made myself a lot of gold items. Different sets for different builds and such. I was happy with that. But now hey are going to be usless. I would never have made more than one set had i knew they were going to increase the vr14 ranks. I wasted a lot. 200 +. God. I feel jaded. I have no problem with the vr ranks or raising them. I just wish i was not mislead to think otherwise and have my gold mats back.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGP wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't make gold stuff before max lvl.
    I made my first legendary axe around level 16. Why? Because i could ...
    shades.gif
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    The only legendaries I've made were the singles of each type I needed for the Achievements. I'm still hoarding the tempers for one day in the future when I actually hit max level before it changes! lol
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    NGP wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't make gold stuff before max lvl.
    I made my first legendary axe around level 16. Why? Because i could ...
    shades.gif

Rich kid in Tamrial