The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Glyph and Rune Farm for enchanters?

JustCallMeFurtiv
I'm wondering if anyone knows a particular area to farm for runes and glyphs? In my case I'm looking for an area accessible to the aldmeri dominion. What location and if possible what route? I am on PSN NA if anyone would like to explain over messaging or party. PSN: JustCallMeFurtiv
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The big southern island of Kenarthi Roost is loaded with rune nodes and chests. The chest are a good source of glyphs. Potency runes will be low level if this is your home alliance. Once you get to vet level, the other starter islands are also great for rune farming, and will be vet level for potency.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    If you have started Cadwell Silver (Vr1), Bleakrock Isle (Ebonheart Pack starting area) around Skyshroud Barrows is very good for rune farming. If you do the quest in the area the mobs turn yellow and do not attack as well. There are also 3-4 chests that re-spawn really quickly in the area. I've used that area quite a lot.
  • JustCallMeFurtiv
    [EDIT]
    Anymore suggestions? (Stockpiling until I have access to these places)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_MaryB on July 30, 2015 4:36AM
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Another good way to get tons of runes is to put skill points on extracting in the enchant tree and decon all the trash glyphs you get from questing/leveling. Also hirelings are helpful if you have the extra skill points to put to in it and if you have enough Cp you can get that passive to give you a chance to harvest extra items from each node. As you level up you'll have more runes then you will need.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if anyone knows a particular area to farm for runes and glyphs? In my case I'm looking for an area accessible to the aldmeri dominion.

Undead drop the Most Glyphs so search out skeletons and zombies and blood fiends. The last two are squishy so easy to kill. I don't think Ghosts drop too many, but you can try. Auridon has lots of these up in the middle and north end of the island. Humans also drop glyphs, just not as often as Undead do.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    There is a place in Glenumbra near the Lion Guard Redoubt Wayshrine that is filled with zombies (following @Nestor's suggestion for glyphs) and it is also and excellent grind spot for experience.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking for glyphs for deconst with very poor results. I tried a lot of places, zombies, human mobs, delves, dungeons, dolmens, chests...I'm going insaaaane.

I remember trying a month ago with the zombies and I got a lot more glyphs back then. Now I only get those larvas for poisons.

I've been trying for a long time to level enchanting, any tip on where to look for glyphs would be much appreciated!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cecibergesnrb18_ESO

Wrothgar seems to be a zone that drops the least amount of Glyphs, the leveling zones (or Silver and Gold) seem to drop the most. You get a better return on Glyphs with mobs near your level, as with all loot really.

Find a Public Dungeon and start grinding on mobs, or any grind spot that has quickly respawning mobs. You also need to be efficient in doings this. That means kiting mobs together and AoE them down all at once. Rinse Repeat. Your not going to get Glyphs from each mob, so the more mobs you kill, the more glyphs you get per fight.

I probably pick up about 10 to 20 Glyphs per quest from the mobs I kill for those quests (as long as they are either Undead or Humans, animals don't drop them as often). When I farm a public dungeon, if am there long enough to fill up my 170 slots, about 25% will be Glyphs.

You can also buy a bunch of Denta (Blue) or Rekuta (Purple) and make glyphs. Then, decon those an alt of yours to level that characters enchanting. Blues work well up to L30/L35, then Rekuta from there.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well then I'll try a public dungeon again, maybe it was just bad luck when I did. Also nice tip with the Denatas, will do, thanks a lot @Nestor !
    Edited by Loves_guars on June 24, 2016 4:19PM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hew's bane --- runes and everything else for days.

craglorn also