Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Latency.

nikrel
nikrel
I'm having some serious latency issues, as well as other people on the game from chat. I was wondering whats going on? ping was ranging from 90 - 999+
I've not had any other issues with other games.
  • Rottley
    Rottley
    The same here From today i cannt play for that spikes!!
  • Paehn
    Paehn
    ✭✭
    All of my west coast guildies are seeing the lag... My ping is averaging 300 instead of normal 85.
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here.
  • rebody
    rebody
    ✭✭✭
    Getting some major spikes as well. Just hit 2k a few minutes ago.
  • nikrel
    nikrel
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad i'm not to only one. This is odd, i've not had too many issues the last day or two it has been tho.

I also just logged on my PS4 & i'm having issues as well there.

Speedtest.net & pingtest.net are showing nothing abnormal.
  • CalmBeforeTheStorm
    Having the same issue, as well. Loads of lag and crashes with error messages. Waiting until tomorrow to try and play, as I have hope that the maintenance will fix it.

--PS4 user.
    Edited by CalmBeforeTheStorm on July 29, 2015 12:21AM
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    The latency is from a number of people pulling 32+ GB installs of the preview of Imperial City. Evidently they didn't cap the number of concurrent downloads for that file set.

Thus the three stooges effect is occurring at their networking switches. They are self DoSing it seems...
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • nikrel
    nikrel
    It does seem to be an ESO only problem atm.

I just played Diablo3, 90-110MS normal.

Also played Dirty Bomb on steam 35-40MS, normal.

Hope this clears up.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will probably clear up tonight around midnight EST as apathy sets in for the people whack-a-moling webGet request fails.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm spiking as well, anywhere from 2k - 11k+.
  • Greg
    Greg
    ✭✭✭
    same here, west coast pc NA
  • Kanoff02
    Kanoff02
    Soul Shriven
    I can play a lot of games without problems with latency... But TESO... TESO is impossible. I don't understand why Zenimax doesn't do anything.
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Guys calm down it is ESO :) i mean maybe for other online games (pick what ever you want) it could be an issue but come on 200 - 999+ ping is pretty normal for Cyrodiil. In fact no one cares about it obviously because weirdly people still can play the game somehow. I can only suggest to you dont play between 05.00pm-01.00am :) Because there will be huge lag spikes. It never changed since it was beta. I think its like the elephant in the room no one even talks about it.
  • Kanoff02
    Kanoff02
    Soul Shriven
    Yesterday I was doing some test, and in this case, the problem was my conection. o:)
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they need to remove all the lions and wolves like they did with the deer and torch bugs to fix it .
    Edited by wafcatb14_ESO on August 4, 2015 11:13PM
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    And another one
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what the f***? ;) you really necroed this almost one year old thread for that comment? ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    what the f***? ;) you really necroed this almost one year old thread for that comment? ;)

Indeed. I just wanted see what changed about lag :neutral: