Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Sot2A] Letters of War

Totalitarian
Totalitarian
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there, I am Sola Auroron, a battlemage medic in the Aldmeri Dominion Military. I was looking at a notice board the other day and I saw that there was this little notice about writing to other soldiers. I would write to my family but that is a whole different subject. I have no idea if this letter is going to go to just another Dominion soldier, or a member of one of the other factions in this war. I would not be that surprised however, if this letter went to another Altmer, after all, I guess that those other races are a lot less educated.

So, I have my quick story. I was rather recently moved from the 22nd Aldmeri Siege Division, to the 52nd Aldmeri Medical Division. I was moved for "endangering the lives of fellow soldiers". So, to explain, I was trying to burn up a stupid Orc Orsimer who was just soaking up fire, ice, and lighting from my fellow mages. I grabbed a sword from one of my fellow mages, used some simple alteration spell to hold it up quickly, and then used some lighting to heat up the sword to a bright white, then used a massive burst of Magicka to send it flying towards the lumbering, Daedra-worshiping beast (even though my fellow mages said that that Covenant soldier was Aedric Fury, do not even get me started on that name. What is he? An Argonian?). Anyways, so the sword went flying, and it hit him, and it quickly ricochoted ricocheted off of his armor.

It was impressive, it really was, but my superiors thought that my good use of quick thinking and brilliant magical talent was dangerous. So what if the sword clipped a kitty tail? It's not as if I cut off that Khajiit's head. It was just his tail, and I quickly froze it with some frost spells, then dug through my backpack for my sewing kit, then sewed it back on, and it was just like normal after a little piece of restorative magic. My commanding officer, a little tiny Bosmer, said that "flying projectiles pose significant risk to both allies and enemies". That being said, he sure was quick to use his bow. So, they took away my destruction staff, not just some stupid military issue staff made out of a dead tree that some Khajiit trimmed his claws on and that some Bosmer 'loved'. It was a staff I made for myself, with love and pride, and they just took it away and gave it to some idiotic looking Imperial with teeth that needed some fixing. My name is carved into that piece of work, and I do not want to know what that Imperial is doing with it and my name.

So, I was then given a restoration staff, which I quickly burned up in front of my general's eyes, and was told to report to some stupid Altmer. My third day in Cyrodiil and I get reassigned to a different position. Now I spend my field duty sewing back on Khajiit tails and watching Stump the Friendly, Little Elf cry about how a tree was burned down. What a change. My commanders are lucky that I still see some action and that I am good with any magic. I personally prefer the undead-repelling properties of restoration magic, because I serve Meridia, but that is also a whole other story.
Well, just wanted to see if this little letter exchange thing is going to work. Fellow soldiers, write back if you get this, or if you can actually read and write. I could use a story about another adventure to make myself feel better about my own.

From, Sola A. Auroron
252nd Aldmeri Medical Division

May Azura bless you.
Edited by Totalitarian on July 27, 2015 1:38AM
PC NA CP 531+
Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
Read their adventures!
The Celestial Lady
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Greetings and salutations,

I will not disclose my name nor my origin, suffice to say that we are enemies. You should have seen the look on the couriers face when I captured him and threatened to turn his insides into outsides. I digress, I too have seen my fair share of misfortune. Once when I was but a young man I accidentally poisoned my mothers drink instead my targets, whom was a guest at our house, she threw up for days. I was surprised to find that the letter was from an Aldmeri mage, I was expecting correspondence about troop movements but instead I get this. I sat and laughed for hours and the poor courier probably thought I was crazy. Anyway this little anecdote is getting me all nostalgic. I hope the young man I captured finds you in good health. Until I meet you with my blade firmly in your back, blessings of the Webspinner.

-GA, Ebonheart Assassin
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This letter is to be delivered to a "GA" an Ebonheart Pact Assassin.

I believe I sat in awe when I received this letter. Poor little courier covered in scratches and bruises, claiming that skeevers had attacked him. The little Imperial was begging to have me cast healing spells on him. What a creep. So I took the letter and read it. At this point, I will take whoever I can write to. And you never know, we may actually see one another out on the battlefields.

In my off time, I usually spend my time adventuring in Cyrodiil. I go explore the cities that have not been completely destroyed by the war. Dremora running around, ravaging soldiers. Look at what the world is coming to, and, honestly, I love it. I never had many friends back home, so I guess you have to do. My time between writing my first letter and receiving your response have been filled with little other than me sewing back on Khajiit tails (you have no idea how often those things get cut off) and killing skeletons in graveyards in the name of Meridia. You seem to have been getting your hands dirty in war, and I respect your job as an assassin with probable Morag Tong connections. I wish I could say that I am a part of a group with connections to Daedra, but I am not. All the open ones are cults. I have to assume that you are a Dunmer or Dunmer-raised, due to your open giving of blessings to Daedra, and for all intents and purposes, you are now known as a Dunmer to me.
    I have always thought it strange that Altmer outcast worshipers of Daedra, no matter what kind (mind you that Trinimac is still worshiped in the Summerset Isles and he became Malacath). Meanwhile, the people of the Ebonheart Pact, specifically with the Dunmer, have seemed more open to it. My father had a vast library of all knowledge, but he never let me read any of it that had to do with Daedra, with good reason. Had I obeyed, I would not be in the position I am now, which is me currently sitting down, eating lunch in a tavern in Cyrodiil.

Well, enough for this letter. I was just told of injured soldiers with poison and stab wounds, and I think it is safe to assume that you know of this, or even did this. In my blessings following this letter, I will not bless you in the name of Mephala, because it seems as if you already have been blessed by her.

Your Altmer storysharer, Sola Auroron

Blessings of Azura and Meridia to you.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Did not know if I would be receiving another letter. I was on a scouting mission and stumbled upon a detachment of Dominion soldiers, we killed most of them including healers so I wasn't sure if you were alive. Took forever to get this one, couldn't find the right courier, we should probably try different means before your army runs out of good foot runners. I rarely have time off from my work but when I do I like to sit at home with a good stout drink and read. I own a small plantation you see and at the end of the day it is just relaxing to kick back for a bit. Other than that I am out and about killing this person for this amount and then almost killing my employers when they try and cheat me, it is a nasty business. My childhood was not much of a tale, it was a hard life and not one I would like to recall. I was fortunate to have the upbringing and training that made me who I am, it fills my purse and keeps me sharp. I just received a bottle of fine wine today so I will bid you farewell for now as I drink the night away. Here is to hoping the only blade to find you is mine. Blessing of the Eight.

-GA, soon to be drunk Ebonheart Assassin
  • urkrtheorcwarchief
    Hmph so it seems i am not the first receive a letter from dominion hands AND EBON AS WELL NO LESS but i digress i shall share with you my name so you you may know the orc who just slammed an axe in your skull fori am Urkro gro-Bogmack Warchief of clan Bogmack and i picked up this oblivious bosmer as he was *ahem* relieving himself in a bush the look on his face made me laugh so hard the thing fainted so when he came to(by this time he was tied to tree) he almost fainted again at seeing( probably because he forgot i caught him) but im done talking so to speak al i have left to say is by the might of mauloch the covenant will win this war and will personally send you to hircines hunting grounds .

WarGeneral of Daggerfalls army,
    Urkro gro-Bogmack
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This letter to be delivered to "GA" the Ebonheart Assassin.

They moved me back out of the frontlines after I had a healing incident. I guess that grabbing a massive Orsimer arm and attaching it to a tiny Bosmer to stop him from dying of blood loss is not a good way to go about doing things. I was put back to an inner fortress as a 'reserve unit'. Essentially they want me off of the battlefields. The more I am out there, I guess the more my magical talent gets me into trouble. If the Dominion was not in need of soldiers, I am sure that I would have found myself either at a military tribunal or in a pit, dead.

I essentially only handle dead units now, and because I am a follower of Meridia, I do not dabble in necromancy. I have learned my rites of Meridia and I think that has to look good just in case I were to be captured by Redguards, after all, they have great respect for ancestors.

I never was one to get drunk though. It messes with my magicka balance, and whenever I got to that point, I tended to use my magic much less than appropriately. As for that detachment of Dominion soldiers, the 22nd Aldmeri Siege Division, you read my first letter, so you know I used to be in that. You kill cleanly and quickly, and it is much better than the way that the Nords and Argonians kill; much more of a mess to deal with with them.

As for me though, I should return to my meditations. I am sure you know how it works wonders on mental focus. I guess I can dabble in a drink as I imagine you doing the same as I read this. Mead with extra honey has to be my favorite.

Blessings of Azura and Meridia to you,
    Sola Auroron
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Urkro gro-Bogmack, Warchief of Clan Bogmack,

I have heard of you before. Too many times have I had to deal with axe wounds on allies that came from a certain Orsimer. More importantly, I see that the letter runner seems to have made a copy of my first letter for himself. Better that you have it than the delivery boy.

Before the Three Banners War began, when the borders were open, my parents took my sister and I on a trip to High Rock. I do not remember it, but when the war ends, I want to visit there again. I have always been told I look somewhat like a Breton. I just hope that the differences in our style of writing shows why the Aldmeri Dominion needs to win the war. You write like a stereotypical Orc, bluntly, harshly. Compared to the notable elegance and proper form of my Altmer style. It took a few days in Cyrodiil to notice it, but the Orsimer have been born in bloodshed, and while most mer reject Orcs as being kin to us, I know it is still true, so I hope that with the Aldmeri Dominion in power over Tamriel, the Altmer can teach all Orsimer differently from the violence they are all raised in. Sadly, this applies to both the Covenant and Pact.

Fight all you will, but you are not ready for power on that scale yet. Perhaps in the future, but not now. Keep up your fight if you wish, but know that your people may suffer at the hands of the alien Redguards and Bretons.

To leave it at this, just try and kill more cleanly. You are making my purple clothes turn red faster than I can dye them.

Sola A. Auroron
    52nd Aldmeri Medical Division

May Azura light your path.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • urkrtheorcwarchief
    Ha it seems i caught the message before someone else this time and you elves love to sit on your high horses dont you HAHA HA you know if this war was different i think we would have been friends and regarding your clothes you should just dye them red if the sight of blood urks you so HA if we should meet on the field of battle it will be a glorius fight till next i get this messges Altmer may your foes tremble before you

WarGeneral of Daggerfalls army
    Urkro gro-Bogmack
  • Evi1_An9e1
    I finally received your letter and it seems I found an Orcs too so I burnt it, they write so uncivilized. Anyway, if you find your courier missing a few pints of blood I apologize, it has been a while since I fed. Have to keep this one short. I am too close to Dagger lines and need to return soon. May the Three keep you.

-GA, Ebonheart Assassin
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Urkro gro Bogmack, Warchief of Clan Bogmack

I can admit that I think highly of myself. There is nothing I can say to counter that. My one defense would be saying that I am a medic, but, as you probably know, I was forced into that position. And it is not as if the sight of blood sickens me, rather it is the smell of bodies. Especially the burning ones. But in order to prevent undead from rising, I burn all the dead given to me, following what I think Meridia would have me do. Thankfully other Altmer support that. Khajiit by far are the worst to cremate. All their fur lights the air ablaze with smell, and sometimes it is hard to bear.

As for my clothes, I now have a completely bloodstained pair that I wear on duty. I have not bothered dyeing them since I first wore then. I guess now I have to leave my clean clothes for when I am off duty. Well, I just got word of a need for me to go and purify some bodies. I need to go.

Sola Auroron
    52nd Aldmeri Medical Division

May Azura keep your soul safe.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To "GA" the Ebonheart Assassin,

Just received your letter. The courier was pale white and had red eyes. Most certainly he was a vampire. Following my faith to Meridia, I burned the undead and disposed of the ashes.

Now that I have read your letter, I will continue writing. I guess I have to burn your last letter now. I have rewritten it so I may keep a copy, but it seems as if the original was tainted with vampires. I already had to burn my last pair of clothes. I was given field duty with other medics to heal and dispose of Aldmeri soldiers who had been ambushed in a cave. Too many had bite marks, and too many were sucked dry. Obviously vampires were at work. As a self-sworn Meridian acolyte, it was only my duty to ensure that the bodies were burned to prevent turning.

I guess now my division has figured out that I worship Meridia, after all, they saw me take out my statue of her and cleanse the bodies with it. I expected to be kicked out of the military. I guess that my commanding officers approved of it. Better that those corpses and those left turning be burned than they become undead.

Sadly, now I know you are undead. Vampires tend to teeter on the boundary of undeath and life, but they are considered undead. I have to follow my faith to Meridia and hate undeath. But know that I do not hate you; just the undead part of you. Of course, now I have to burn my clothes and wash myself now that I have read your letter, but maybe if I just wear field clothes whenever I get a letter it will not be so bad.

Anyways, my division is getting a name for itself. They call it Meridia's Torch now. I guess after my actions. Well, I guess this medical job has gotten fun now that I am no longer sewing Khajiit tails back on, instead I have to burn them because of possible undead influence. Thankfully the factions have an agreement to gather dead bodies after a battle.

Well, back out to burn more bodies now. Hopefully Meridia acknowledges my hard work. Sadly, I cannot bless you in the name of Meridia anymore, but I can at least hope she does not take her hate of undead out on you during the war.

Sola Auroron
    52nd Aldmeri Medical Division 'Meridia's Torch'

Blessings of Azura to you.
    Edited by Totalitarian on July 27, 2015 7:31PM
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • urkrtheorcwarchief
    Oh well look at this it seems i made a slight mistake i thought this was pact troop movements but imagine my surprise that i found another link in this chain and a vampire assasin no less hmmm its our mutual altmer "friend " here doesent like the vampire you eh me i have no such fears for although i worship malouch i am also a son of hircine god of werebeasts and the hunt( the son part is true in more ways then maybe ill tell you about if i find this again) so you can imagine peoples reluctance to get close but anyways it seems this message thing is a good distraction from the normal everyday festivities of war so to you mister assasin or whoever grabs this message next ill say farewell for now

Urkro gro-Bogmack
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see you are playing Thalmor right now, intercepting letters and reading them. I have never actually encountered a werewolf in human or wolf form, at least that I know of. There have always been rumours of them in the ranks, but I guess that now soldiers like staying away from me after they found out that I cleanse bodies. It is not the greatest, because one cute Altmer I was working on knowing has not talked to me in a few days. Whatever, his loss. The closest I have ever gotten to some kind of animal on that sort of scale has to been a Khajiit, but those are just another race.

I guess it is good that my Daedric gods lack any notable blessing like vampirism and lyncanthropy. I guess that instead of physical changes, I have just faced mental changes. I find myself cleaning myself more often, and praying a lot more. I can always thank Meridia for that.

At first I hated not being in the middle of battle, but I have learned to love my absence from that place. I get to kill more than enough undead in my spare time. Hopefully I get a reward for it, like a nifty little staff, or a Daedric spell tome. Looking in the mirror, I almost thought to change up my clothes so I could dress more brightly, after all, I am not exactly a good person to talk to, first my Altmer stereotypicalness and then the fact that I deal with dead people all day make it to where I am not a great person to just sit next to and talk to. Stack that with the fact that the division you serve in is known by the fact that you worship Meridia, and it makes me feel a bit alien (and the fact that I do not look like a full-blood Altmer does not help). Then while I looked at myself, I realized that my adept purple clothes and my large green eyes seemed to be bright enough. I guess that I just have to wait for others to talk to in my own faction.

Well then, I guess I should go before I start talking about self-psychoanalysis and this page ends up having tear stains on them, and in addition, when I get emotional, it affects my magicka balance, so the page might be sent as a pile of ash if I keep on writing.

As always, blessings of Azura and Meridia to you,
    Sola Auroron
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • urkrtheorcwarchief
    Actually this is still my daggerfall orc and this not a msg just letting you know :) oh and this is fun by the way srry for putting this here
  • urkrtheorcwarchief
    Ah it seems i caught the right message this time so i guess that works out but should let you know that your little bosmer courier actually walked up to one of our forts AND ASKED FOR ME HA if i hadent been close by he wouldve been shot on sight the little thing almost cryed when he saw the archer knock their arrows and it seems you caught the message meant for that dunmer felleow but i shall speak of the werewolf buisness soon enough as for the undeas thing it looks like you an i are similar while i think vampires to be far less superior to us wolf kin i am not favorable to skeletons and zombies the nisances take more than one swing of my prized axe hmm maybe someother time a squad of imperials have come till next we meet.

Urkro gro-Bogmack
  • Evi1_An9e1
    It has been several days since I received your last letter Sola, I had been captured you see but thanks to my helpful vampiric abilities I was able to escape. Unfortunately the orcs that captured us killed my comrades, if you read this orc I will have your head for my friends. The good news is I was able to capture troop movements and we stopped a dagger incursion into Pact territory. I am full of sorrow as well for I received a letter from home that said some of my relatives had died. They were dear to me and will be missed sorely. Sola, I have no qualms with Meridia but I do know that she would show disdain for my vampirism, it was however not my choice and I killed the n'wah that did it. I am glad to hear you have been moved to a more prestigious station but I will admit I did not turn all those men, just the courier whom I am disappointed in hearing of his passing. I only feed when absolutely necessary and at the time it was. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience it caused you. For now I bid you farewell, I must tend to my wounds. Sola, blessings of the three. Orc, keep an eye on your back, you will find my dagger there soon.

-GA, vengeful Ebonheart Assassin
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry about receiving that other letter, I guess these letters just get sent around to everyone. I quickly sent it back after I received your last letter with a name addressed.

As for the diseases of vampirism and lyncanthropy, I see them more as blessings and curses. The idea of immortality through a light form of undeath is certainly a good tradeoff, and utter strength and will sacrificing a few more civilized traits are all good tradeoffs, however, social stigma and stereotypes have warped the ideas of these Daedra-given afflictions to be bad. To say that all vampires are evil would be wrong, and to say that all werewolves were beasts would be wrong. They are all just like everyone else in their mind, at least until they are starved for a few years. Skeletons and zombies and raised undead, however, are unintelligent, generally, and often have little purpose outside the malevolent wills of their necromancers.

Perhaps I should let those thoughts rest until next time. A group of soldiers just came back with dead, saying that necromancers were in a cave. I guess I need to burn more bodies.

With the blessings of Azura,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually this is still my daggerfall orc and this not a msg just letting you know :) oh and this is fun by the way srry for putting this here

This is really fun. This is actually my Altmer character named Sola Auroron.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Sola, I have not met much hostility from my kinsmen for my gifts but I do get the idle glares every once in a while but I do not let it get to me. The way I see it the Three Good wanted me to have these powers and they aid me in my dealings with the Webspinner. Speaking of I had a run in with some Altmer whose threads needed to be cut, they praised your work when I inquired if they knew you, very well done. I found a Khajiit with a stitched tail the other day too which was hilarious all the way up to the point my arrow pierced his eye. Made me miss my time in the Ashlands hunting cliff racers. Anyway, I hope we can meet some day, I have many tales I wish to share but until this damnable war is over I am afraid I would have to act hostile towards you. It would all depend on the Lady Spider. Blessings of the three.

-GA, Ebonheart Assassin

PS: Orc I have not forgotten your clans savagery, by the time you have read to here you will find your fingers have gone numb, soon you will be paralyzed for a few hours, try fighting that way.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To "GA", the Ebonheart Assassin,

I understand the need to feed. I never was a vampire, but in the Summerset Isles, they looked heavily down upon Daedra worship of any kind. When my family found out, they said that either I had to turn myself in, or they would turn me in. The punishment is always death. I knew it was wrong, but I felt the need to give honor and praise to Azura and Meridia for their work on Nirn, and not just the work of the Aedra. While I did not need to worship to prevent myself from being feral, after all, I know that if a vampire does not feed, they become fully feral, and after not feeding for a long time, vampires tend to overindulge themselves, spreading their affliction. Just as you need blood to keep from going feral, I needed Azura and Meridia to keep myself from going insane when I lived with my parents.

Whatever happened to them, I am not sure. I know that my sister serves in Cyrodiil, and perhaps I should find her. Most of the people from my town were craftsmen who did not serve in the military because they contributed to the war effort otherwise. And my venture to the military was not one I would have made if I had another choice. I was running low on funds, and knew that I was not going to be able to be accepted to Khajiit society, where they actually worship some Daedra, and I knew very well that the Bosmer Green Pact would not fit my lifestyle, and I knew that some Altmer would be searching for me in the Isles. I was an adventurer before I was actually captured by a Dremora (okay, there is a lot more to that story). After that, I was essentially forced to either go into crime or join the military to survive. You know the choice I made.

Speaking of my sister, I should work on trying to find her. For that reason, this letter with suffice in length.

Azura protect you,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To "GA"

Trust me, I get looks all the time. Get looks from men just staring at my body. Get looks from people wondering why a mixed blood is walking around (I really like proving them wrong with it though, because I have a very strong Altmer bloodline, and am not in any way mixed). I usually do not get looks for Meridia worship. Bosmer and Khajiit tend to be normal, and it is only the Altmer who do not know me that tend to treat me differently. Usually though, their opinions towards me change once they see me perform my rites and protect a body from undeath.

I would also like to meet you. I have already seen your work in bodies, but still, that and letters are not enough to meet someone completely. I am a follower of Meridia, but that does not mean that I instantly cast a fiery inferno and burn docile vampires, so you would not have to be worried about my oath against undeath. Half the time, I feel as if I can relate to you more than I can my own people. I guess I am more a mutt of ideas and thoughts than race.

I remember praying to Azura for an adventure. And sure as Oblivion got one. I cannot help but think that maybe she had her hands in this all along to get me to have my adventure, from my parents finding about my worship, to me sitting right now, writing. There is one thing to say to that: the Et'Ada have plans greater than our own selfish ones.

I just only wish there was some kind of neutral territory for soldiers to meet in. Currently, the only time you see enemy soldiers that do not kill you are in towns where you see them running around doing little services to the citizens for rewards, or when you have to pick up the bodies after a battle.

Anyways, I should wrap this letter up. A portal opened outside my base, and Dremora are pouring out.

Azura guide you,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Yes the Three Good tend to shape our lives in one way or another. I am currently stuck in a company with a heretic, a Tribunal worshipper and everyday I have to stay my blade from striking him down. To tell you a secret, I am a noble from Vvardenfell but only in name, in truth I am an Ashlander who ran away from my tribe for their short sightedness, which I know now is warranted. My new family found me and raised me as a Morag Tong agent but I never joined. I became freelance and now my skills have the Tong worried. Everyday I live looking over my shoulder looking for threats where there are none. I know one day it will catch up to me and I know it is coming soon. I hope this letter finds you in good health and that your sister is okay. I will be sure to keep an eye out for female Altmer.

-G Arethi, Ebonheart Assassin
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To G Arethi,

My family was rich before I ran off. My father enchanted weapons for the military, and my mother's family gave a substantial dowry to my father when they were married. Needless to say, we lived in a large house with all of our needs met. But my parents did not allow me the freedom I wanted. I wanted to go on adventures, and meet men, and do all of that. And in the end, their limits got me into worshiping Azura and Meridia. But now I understand the point of their limits. They wanted me not to know the horrors of war which I now know, what horrible men force upon women, and what malevolent Daedra do to show their superiority.

I never even said goodbye to them. I took off in the middle of the night, went to the local tavern, told my best friend, then left. But what choice did I have? Next morning, I was probably going to be arrested. My parents were convinced that I would be a good housewife, but I rejected it. I guess I just love to do stuff my parents hate. I too am sure that me leaving my family will end up being worth so little compared to had I stayed. I would really like to think that they do not actually execute Daedra worshipers in the Summerset Isles, especially with the war going on. Half of me wants to find my sister, the other half is afraid of what she might bring. Sadly, Azura has not answered me yet.

A male Dunmer was brought in yesterday. I made sure he was healed after his torture, against the regulations. I would not want you to have to suffer any more agony than you already have. That was not you though. I know it. I am sure that when we meet, there will be some kind of spark between us that does not occur between strangers, or even normal friends.

Azura hears us both,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Sola,

I write to you today from my home in Vvardenfell. I sent my own man, a Khajiit servant. I was able to "procure" Dominion gear for him. Please send him back after he has delivered this. I met a particularly odd Redguard a fortnight back, claimed to be an Ash'Abah or something like that. I admit I had to research it, apparently they are undead hunters. He claimed to be heading to Summerset so I gave him some books and gifts but the poor man looked at me funny, I do not believe he could read. Anyway, I am not sure about a spark, ever since my vampirism I haven't had much thought as to a life outside my work, which I will be doing long after you have gone to dirt. I am sending a bottle of Sujamma as a gift for you, Morrowind's wines are quite exquisite and that is a very good vintage from my personal stock. Also fortunately I sent two bottles in case my courier was captured, both are poison but one can be cured. I will send the antidote in code. One elevated azure leaf, one sanguine bud, two wyrm roses. If after application the drink still eats through a cup do not consume. Blessing of Azura, Boethiah, and Mephala.

-G Arethi
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To G Arethi,

If you are looking for a spark still, I could easily just shock you with a spell the first time we meet face to face. And I have been studying up on magic, because after all, I am a rather powerful mage, and something that I have seen is that powerful mages tend to live longer due to their magical abilities. It is something I have been looking into and learning.

As for myself, I have just been taking care of the dead. Just burning them and scattering the ashes into the water. From what I heard though, I have a bit of leave coming up. I could probably use that time to go on another adventure, probably where I am not at the lacking mercy of Dremora and other races.

After getting something from you, it only makes sense that I send something back to you. Enclosed with your servant is an unblessed staff. Normally I bless them in the name of Meridia, but I thought that doing that might turn you into dust if you touched it, so feel free to use it however you wish. It has no current magical binding whatsoever, so if you are a mage worth his salt, you can give it power, if not, feel free to keep it as a piece of pride.

Perhaps I should also let you know, I found my sister finally. It did not go well. Not well at all. I bring her back from the brink of death and the first thing she does is assault me. I had to fight back, and almost killed her before the other medics intervened and interrupted my Drain Life spell before I sucked her dry of life. I may not be a vampire, but I have studied their magic, and can use it well. Took a century from her. They say she looks older now.

Well, with the Sujamma you sent me, I know what to suppress my troubles with. Hopefully it does not upset my magicka balance for more than a few hours.

Azura guide the both of us,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • urkrtheorcwarchief
    Ah ive finally been able to write no thanks to that accursed vampire mauloch take him as to lycanthropy its not a problem for me for i have been one since birth my squad was however all bitten but all of us are Bogmacks and Lycanthropes but us orcs have always been violent so no one really sees a difference and as for you vampirealthough id hoped we could someday meet on the field of battle and fight with honor as mauloch intented but it seems i had missed that chance so i guess till next time dunmer as for you sola though we may meet in battle le us bot fight and die with honor.

WarGeneral of Daggerfalls army,(and proud lycan)
    Urkro gro-Bogmack
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Its all in good fun dear orc, trust me I could've done much worse. An orc war and of all lycans sounds terrifying, it is bad enough that you are all illiterate savages but to also be homeless puppies, I can't imagine. Blessings of the Webspinner to you, may your thread lengthen so it feels greater after I cut it.

Sola, if you read this thank you for the staff, I dabble in magic but it is of the malicious sort. I am on leave for quite a while but it will end shortly. I am sorry to hear of your sister, it is horrible that you went through that. My teacher just died not too long ago, he was a great man who taught me everything I know. I will also pass on the electrocution but thanks for offering. Hope that sujamma helped.

-G Arethi, First of Arethi Family
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Urkro gro-Bogmack,

If we ever meet in battle, I am sure that it will be a fight to remember for the survivor. Unfortunately, my combat skills are not all that adept. Unfortunately for you, however, as a field medic, I am generally protected by a few other soldiers, so they can give you trouble while I flee. Good thing I no longer see any frontline fights. Most of the action I see is from defending, and unless you can scale those walls, I think the chances are rigged in my favor.

Nevertheless, Azura bless you
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To G Arethi,

I always thought that magic was a benevolent gift from Magnus, or at least his remnants. That all changed when I started delving deep into Daedric rituals and magics. The Drain Life spell I know is not Aedric in nature. By no means is it. I just hope the extra years of my life stolen from my sister are not ones lived in self-pity and regret. I am usually cheerful, so I am sure I will be fine.

I feel bad for what I took away from my sister. She is essentially 126 years old now. If she were to try very hard in the next few days, she may be able to have a child before she becomes barren. Maybe. I am not sure that I should have defended myself. She came after me with a sword, and my first thought was to pacify her. Maybe a flame spell, or a simple telekinetic toss, but I went with the Daedric Drain Life. Now I have traded with some Daedric Prince. For one hundred years of life given, I get fifty back from my target. I just hope that the recipient of the life is Azura or Meridia. I guess I would even take Sanguine or Sheogorath. So long as it is not someone too malevolent.

I guess I could confide in you that draining life from others is not the only dark magic I have tried to practice. If you consider summoning creatures from other planes of Oblivion, then that is what I have tried to do. Not any half-wit Daedra like scamps or banekins, but Dremora. Our cousins from another realm. So much like us and so much different. It is probably for the best that I have not been able to conjure one. But I guess I feel too bad for taking part of my sister's life. I guess I need to hunt for her lost years. I know someone in Coldharbour, a Dremora. In fact, I essentially bound him, so if I could find him, but I still just hope that those years of precious life are not with Molag Bal. I guess I know my next adventure. I was told that it was just a few more days before my leave. I have a few days to find out how to summon a Dremora. It sort of makes me wish I was a traditional mage and not a healer.

If I do not write back to this, it is because I am trapped in Oblivion, or died. I will try to write you before I leave to Oblivion, but it may not get to you in time. And if I come back with some kind of curse from those realms, and if you ever see me, just spare me the mercy and kill me.

Well, out of that darkness. I guess just being able to write that down made me feel better. Sorry about some of the tear stains above. I swear I never cry. I should return to my studies. I just need to keep on looking to the light in the tunnel.

Azura help us both,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • urkrtheorcwarchief
    Hmm well all in good fun eh heh well dunmer i invite you to try it might not be so bad i might be able to see my son and wife again if youve ever picked up a message from met to that altmer sola then youll recall me saying having been born a lycan well my mother was of a normal breed while my father was well how do iay this without sounding raving mad well he was in a sense hircine or so my mother said i think he wsas just another lycan but it would explain why others fear me and i feel the call affect me more yes wellas to my family they kept it hidden even from me so as to not alarm the village but one day when i was still young i was hunting we had killed a magnificent deer but the rush of the kill and the smell of an animals blood it made me just crave the hunt so i slaughterd the hunting part and when i got back to the strong hold coverd in gore they cursed my name and killed my family and was about to do the same to me whemn dominion soldiers attacked i barely got out so eventually i found other orcs with lycanthropy and re-formed clan Bogmack and got into this because they though having a whole orc clan who are also lycans well i dont know why i told you this but sola should you read ths message know i hace sympathy for you and your sister may you to come to peace once again know that i will still fight my hardest to win every battle but i consider and even the vapire friends though it might be a good fight i hope if its you sola that theres another way but i doubt it as for you dunmer i know we shall never not come to blows so if we meet again may the best win till next time.

Weary soldier and ex-father and husband,
    Urkro gro-Bogmack
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all of the readers of my letters,

Well, this is it. It seems like all of my letters get passed around. I am off to Oblivion. I summoned a Dremora I had met before. He somewhat assured me that I could get back my sister's life that I took with her. I am standing here, writing this. I am ready. I used my money to buy supplies, and I am still traveling lightly. I have a week of food, and I made all new clothes just for this. I will not bring my staves with me; I need to be able to travel lightly. Thankfully I can use magic without them. I have no choice but to go alone. As always, I have my statues of Azura and Meridia. I just hope that they protect me on my journey to Coldharbour. I already feel the chills.

If I do not succeed, then I guess I will either be imprisoned or die. At that point, hopefully I die, unless I want to break out like last time. Here I am, right here, writing this, in the jungles of Valenwood, at a Daedric shrine, just waiting. Before I go, I just wanted to say two things to the people who have actually written back to me. Urko gro-Bogmack, best of luck in your side of the war, and I hope for the war to end with Orsimer in a better position than they are currently in. The ever elusive G Arethi, I hope that your life takes the turn onto the path of peace instead of the path of sorrow it is currently on.

Best of luck to myself. I have no idea when this letter will be delivered. The courier is ready to take it, and he is getting angry. I should go then.

Blessings of Azura and Meridia to all, including myself
    Sola Aldmeris Auroron
    52nd Aldmeri Medical Division 'Meridia's Torch'
    PC NA CP 531+