The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Really Worth To Buy A Mount

CuteLilBunny
CuteLilBunny
✭✭
So Tuesday I'm getting some crowns and was told to buy a mount, but I can get a mount ingame right, so is it really worth it at this point in time or should I wait for bears?
Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should wait for bears. Unless they are pedobears, in which case you should not wait, but get a mount, some speed lessons and put as much distance between them and yourself as possible.
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    I think you should wait for bears. Unless they are pedobears, in which case you should not wait, but get a mount, some speed lessons and put as much distance between them and yourself as possible.

....Oh God I didnt think about that, and I look young....your right I need to get faaaaar away I'll go to Elsewere

• MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's mostly about personal choice. You can get a horse for 10k (I believe) in-game that will work exactly the same as crown store mounts. If you want something a little flashier then by all means go for the crown store mounts, I know there is a frost horse mount coming up here shortly that will only be on sale for a limited amount of time.

You can also opt to upgrade to the imperial edition and a mount will only cost you 1g in-game which isn't that big of a deal if you aren't interested in that benefit only.

tl;dr

You absolutely need a mount if you want to PvP as you'll consistently get left behind but the in-game versions are the same as the crown store options as far as their actual stats go.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    it's mostly about personal choice. You can get a horse for 10k (I believe) in-game that will work exactly the same as crown store mounts. If you want something a little flashier then by all means go for the crown store mounts, I know there is a frost horse mount coming up here shortly that will only be on sale for a limited amount of time.

You can also opt to upgrade to the imperial edition and a mount will only cost you 1g in-game which isn't that big of a deal if you aren't interested in that benefit only.

tl;dr

You absolutely need a mount if you want to PvP as you'll consistently get left behind but the in-game versions are the same as the crown store options as far as their actual stats go.

I didnt even think about pvp, if I buy a mount ingame is it account bound?

• Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »

tl;dr

I didnt even think about pvp, if I buy a mount ingame is it account bound?

no.
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the basic 10K pony and never regretted it. I like that I had to gather the gold.

Cue Walter White saying, "It's mine! I earned it!"

Faithfully goes wherever I point it, even the over cliff I didn't see because I was looking at that ruin over there.

Idea for ZOS: Have the horse stop and rear up if you try to derp it off a deadly drop.
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    wait so buying mounts ingame is not account bound, but buying those in crown store are?

I recall being able to ride my guar and my imperial horse with all my characters but I never bough any other mounts ingame (not sure where the Imperial Horse is situated there, I had it before update 6 so had bought a horse for all my chars by the time the update happened)
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All mounts are account-bound.