The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: June 26th, 2015"

• VanyelMohr
    VanyelMohr
    ✭✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »

@Chaddiwicker
    The Horse itself isn't lore-breaking, the lore-braking part comes when we start to see 100+ people riding a horse as rare as a Dragon or a Unicorn.

So you can accept (maybe you don't) that every player has saved the realm by individually defeating Molag Bal, but not that more than one player has discovered a special mount or learned a spell to summon it? This isn't a solo game.
    Edited by VanyelMohr on July 1, 2015 1:11AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lore went out the window the moment they decided to have a "chosen one" storyline in an MMO setting.

I'm going to guess that you are new to ES and unfamiliar with the concept of a dragon break.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrchavoda wrote: »
    The ashland costume set is the only thing taken from the game that not yet available to players in some form.

I'd be interested in an Ashlander motif; as I like bits, but not the outfit as a whole.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Chaddiwicker
    I don't. I know that this isn't a solo game, but ZOS made the Main Quest and other Quest Lines solo for some reason. So, from my point of view I'm the Hero, I'm the one who defeated Molag Bal, and all the other players are just random adventurers.

Edited by Ghrimn on July 1, 2015 2:26AM
  • VanyelMohr
    VanyelMohr
    ✭✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    @Chaddiwicker
    Actually I don't accept that. Yes, this isn't a solo game, but ZOS made the main quest and other quest lines solo for some reason. So, from my point of view I'm the Hero, I'm the one who defeated Molag Bal, and all the other players are just random adventurers.

You're not the hero, I am. :smiley:

Having other people be heroes in the game doesn't make me feel less special, nor does seeing someone having the same mount as me. I'm able to make up (roleplay, you might say) a story that helps it make sense. Different strokes...
    Edited by VanyelMohr on July 1, 2015 2:25AM
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I just hope they will sell UNICORNS some day :) to see how many dummies will buy it regardless of a fact, that Unicorn (same as Frost Mare) is simply 'store creation' not existing in game's universe at all :smile:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Seth_Black
    Unicorns exist in TES.
    OB-creature-Unicorn.jpg

You're seriously complaining about the Horse just because it was never mentioned in previous games? Watchers, Bone Colossus, Banekins, Welwas, were introduced in ESO. Will you complain about them too? New Lore, that we never heard about before, is constantly added to TES, and as long as it doesn't break pre-existing Lore and isn't ridiculous, All's Well.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seth_Black wrote: »
    At this point I just hope they will sell UNICORNS some day :) to see how many dummies will buy it regardless of a fact, that Unicorn (same as Frost Mare) is simply 'store creation' not existing in game's universe at all :smile:
    This is what happens when people who don't understand lore start complaining about ESO.

The sky isn't falling just because we got two unusually looking horses. I hardly ever see anyone riding the Nightmare Courses anyway, the senche are all the rage now. Was Arvak lore-breaking too? My only gripe is that thanks to the crown store, we will never get quests or books explaining the origin of these fantastical mounts. I wish they were integrated into the game more naturally.
  • theimp
    theimp
    JUST ADD CAMELS
  • Ruddy_Ruckus
    Ruddy_Ruckus
    Soul Shriven
    With everything else going on in Tamriel, it shouldn't be hard to accept the Frost Mare into lore and I can - no problem. However, what I'd don't see is how the Frost Mare fits in with any of the playable races / classes / polymorphs available as a horse that would be ridden. Guar are good for the argonians, senche for kajiit, but who rides a Frost Mare? If I had a frost mage I'd consider it, but that's not available to me.

New lore is fine but IMO this doesn't fit the game.

If ZOS offered a cold flame atronach polymorph I'd get this in a snap but without that option, no thankyou.
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    ...Guar are good for the argonians...
    Actually, Guars are for Dunmer.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    This is what happens when people who don't understand lore start complaining about ESO.

The sky isn't falling just because we got two unusually looking horses. I hardly ever see anyone riding the Nightmare Courses anyway, the senche are all the rage now. Was Arvak lore-breaking too? My only gripe is that thanks to the crown store, we will never get quests or books explaining the origin of these fantastical mounts. I wish they were integrated into the game more naturally.

You clearly don't understand my point.
    It's NOT lore breaking ...it just doesn't exist.
    ESO Mounts
    They SHOULD introduce it, give it some back story or anything.
    Without that it's just 'money maker' based on a fact that's rare and limited offer.
    I personally like collecting mounts :) and I got all rare mounts released so far, but all of them have some reason to exist in game.
    Even Nightmare Courser has some 'legend' behind it giving you some idea about its origin 'The dire Nightmare Courser, whereof is said to be the breed of Mehrunes Dagon, and the legendary fire-spitting Hell Hound'
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

You clearly don't understand my point.
    It's NOT lore breaking ...it just doesn't exist.
    ESO Mounts
    They SHOULD introduce it, give it some back story or anything.
    Without that it's just 'money maker' based on a fact that's rare and limited offer.
    I personally like collecting mounts :) and I got all rare mounts released so far, but all of them have some reason to exist in game.
    Even Nightmare Courser has some 'legend' behind it giving you some idea about its origin 'The dire Nightmare Courser, whereof is said to be the breed of Mehrunes Dagon, and the legendary fire-spitting Hell Hound'
    Except unicorns have existed in the game's universe for nearly a decade, so I don't know why you brought them up.
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Seth_Black
    1. And so does the Frost Mare:
      "With its icy gaze and steaming breath, the frigid Frost Mare seems carved from the very glaciers of Skyrim. Its exact origin is unknown, but the Mages Guild believes it may originally have come from Takubar, the plane of origin of Cold Flame Atronachs."
    2. What you just quoted isn't even the official description of the Nightmare Courser, it was just a part of some fan's question to the Loremaster's Archive.
      “I have a question for his awfulness Lyranth, but I think it concerns more the relationship between some kinds of lesser Daedra than the ranks topic treated here. I hope it will be worth the attenction of your lordship. We all recognize the fierce reptile daedroth, but I've also heard of another unspecified so-called “fire daemon", that appears to be physically related to the daedroth, but it seems to be more intelligent. I've once seen something similar when I came across into the dreaded “Haunter of the Cliffs". An analogous doubt arises about the nasty banekin and the “homunculi" whereof we can read in the “A Hypothetical Treachery" script. Are they the same creatures? And is there a relationship between the dire Nightmare Courser, whereof is said to be the breed of Mehrunes Dagon, and the legendary fire-spitting Hell Hound?
      With your grace, I'd want to finally acknowledge what connection there's between all those creatures, that certainly share a common origin in the planes of Oblivion." – Shanke-Naar Righthorn
      Here is the official description:
      "This flame-wreathed steed, black as the pits of Oblivion, is hungry for the chaos of war. Many conflicting legends surround its mysterious origins, but all agree on one thing: only the mighty could hope to control such a beast." & "The origin of this horrific mount is obscure, but some see the hand of Mehrunes Dagon in it."

Edited by Ghrimn on July 2, 2015 10:37AM
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Unicorns were simple bait for dummies
    Nightmare re-phrased question (nice catch in there)
    Deception doesn't work any more :trollface:

but was fun anyway ;)
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    No masculine formal costumes coming? :'(
  • xeneblaze
    xeneblaze
    ✭✭✭
    How many crowns does the Frostmare cost?
    GuildMaster of Wolves of Destiny
    A fun, social, safe-gaming guild - add Xene68 on PSN with a short message if you would like to join!
  • deathxp
    deathxp
    Soul Shriven
    coming for console to today?
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    xeneblaze wrote: »
    How many crowns does the Frostmare cost?
    3000 Crowns
  • tjmartinuk
    tjmartinuk
    Soul Shriven
    £15!! Think ill give this a miss
  • Rox83
    Rox83
    ✭✭✭
    Wow 3000 crowns. They just keep raising the crown cost on new mounts lol.
    Makes you wonder what the price of DLC will be.
  • DerekTheExtreme
    really wanted to get this, but $30 seems a bit excessive.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the looks of the horse. Unfortunately, I won't get it or any other horse due to the huge, ugly and obnoxious horse saddlebags that appear with purchased storage slots. I've sent feedback on this numerous times but guess there are no plans for the Devs to adjust the horse bag art or at least allow us to hide them. Oh well, guess I'll keep riding my cats.

They said recently that this was something they were looking into. Like the hide-helmet option, but for mounts. I don't remember where though, so I can't source it for you.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • VanyelMohr
    VanyelMohr
    ✭✭✭
    Zos - Love the horse. Don't love the price. What makes this different than than the senches or the Courser?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is really only 1,000 crowns. Not 3000 Crowns.

Sorry, I miss read it in game :(
    Edited by k9mouse on July 3, 2015 3:51AM
  • MrViking84
    MrViking84
    Soul Shriven
    I know I may not get Frost mare this time. But there is quite a possibility that it will be back. I hope so!!! It looks freakin epic!!! Looking forward to all the stuff coming up too. Love this game it has been my addiction since I got it lol. All other games are atm being lonely on my shelf. I think the only game that will pry me away will be Fallout 4 once it is out.
    Edited by MrViking84 on July 4, 2015 12:56AM
  • Cemaris
    Cemaris
    Soul Shriven
    I wont buy this Frost Mare because the price is outrages. 27 dollars is not worth it. I think I'll get the few costumes that I don't have yet instead.

I think 2.5 crowns for the nightmare is alot as well.
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    With everything else going on in Tamriel, it shouldn't be hard to accept the Frost Mare into lore and I can - no problem. However, what I'd don't see is how the Frost Mare fits in with any of the playable races / classes / polymorphs available as a horse that would be ridden. Guar are good for the argonians, senche for kajiit, but who rides a Frost Mare? .

Nords do have resistance to cold... ;)
  • Ruddy_Ruckus
    Ruddy_Ruckus
    Soul Shriven
    Nords do have resistance to cold... ;)[/quote]

You do have a point there and perhaps on the slopes High Hrothgar, Frost Mare might look cool (I wouldn't know though, I'm playing AD.

The Senche Lioness looks rad travelling around in the Dominion and feels right at home.

But if I see anyone riding one of these through Dominion territories, they look way out of place.

Way out of place.
  • hades1411
    hades1411
    Soul Shriven
    plz ZOS sell bank space...
    i need at least 500
    plz...