The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best NB race choice between Bosmer or Dunmer?

drogon1
drogon1
✭✭✭✭
Have 2 vet 1 NBs - a bosmer and a dunmer - and can't decide which to keep leveling.

The dunmer gets fire resist (for better vamp option), 7% fire dmg, plus 9% magic and 6% stam.

The bosmer gets poison/disease resists (better ww option), 21% in combat stam regen, and 10% dmg bonus attacking out of stealth (most attacks esp in pvp will come out of stealth for magic NB).

For magic NB, seems it comes down mainly to the 9% magic plus 7% fire dmg (for Dunmer who will use an inferno staff) versus 10% stealth dmg bonus (for Bosmer).

For stam NB, it's mainly the 6% stam bonus versus 21% stam regen.

Which race do you think will perform best as an all arounder (swapping between stam and magic as the mood suits me)?
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That stam regen is very useful for both magicka and stamina based builds. For a NB it's a no brainer between the two, Bosmer is a bit ridiculous with that stamina regen.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say bosmer. Sniping from stealth is killer already, and with 10% stealth damage bonus, sniping from stealth is murderous.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the input, anyone else have an opinion? :)
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For NBs? Bosmer really. Dunmer is good but that stam regen is ridiculous for both magicka AND stamina builds. Foods can always give you that extra stamina pool but having that innate stamina regen will be insane coupled to the 30% stamina regen for Nightblades itself.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For decent magicka NB dps you must venture into the land of well over 30K magicka I do not know how well you can achieve that with Bosmers. The add damage for Infernos staff weaving and impulse is also nice. You can get a WW bite and het some more stam regen which for a nb is already not much of a problem. If I would chose again between Bosmer and Dunmer I would chose imperial :p . Dunmer works decently enough for me on both stam and magicka but certainly not the most optimal race/class combo. But then again Dunmer get +11 to awesomeness stat so it is all worth it.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    I would go with the Bosmer.
    Stamina DPS = <3
    for the reasons that everyone above said and much more.

I have a Breton NB that I wanted to do as a magicka based one but I found it boring.
    I regret making that particular race choice but I do okay in endgame. I can only imagine if I had made a different choice (Imperial, Bosmer, Redguard, Khajit).

• alakmir
    alakmir
    ✭✭✭
    for roller blades - bosmer,
    for manablades - imperial .
    Dunmer is out of the equation m8!
    Emeeru - AD Sorc
    Solo/ duo/ trio with Sabal/Rubeus
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither. Go imperial or Khajiit! ;)
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were sure I wanted my NB to be magicka-based, I'd roll Breton. If I were sure I wanted him stam-based, I'd pick between Bosmer, Imperial or Redguard. If I didn't know which kind of NB I wanted, I'd spend more time making that decision ;)

Edited by Snit on July 3, 2015 2:39PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    dunmer is good for DK ... for rest not that good or that bad...