The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Collectibles From Certain Enemies

BigBoi314
BigBoi314
✭✭
Is there a point to the collectibles you get from certain enemies? I can't move them from my inventory to my bank and I don't wanna sell them since they're unique items. Are they used for anything?

Best Answers

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You "use" them to add them to your collection, and there are achievements associated with those collections. Having said that, I've heard that there's a console bug right now that doesn't allow you to "use" them from your inventory like you're supposed to (I can't confirm that as I'm a PC-only player), so if you're on console your best bet is to hang on to them until a patch fixes that bug.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Answer ✓
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    XBox One, and there is no option to use some of them. I have the Chattering Skull and it doesn't allow me any choice but to destroy. I also have a spider egg, but I forgot to check it.

On the plus side, I have a light charm and a root which do work, though I have no idea what the root does. I click use, but all it does is envelop me in a green haze while I pray. I thought about destroying it, but maybe it has some purpose down the road.
    @Violynne , Collectibles and trophy are different things. Trophies are awarded at the completion of some dungeon quests. Most of them have a graphic display or minor ability if you slot them and use them. They will stay in your inventory until you dispose of them ( which many do since they are not really worth the inventory space). Collectibles on the other hand are rare drops from specific creatures that can be consumed. Once used, or consumed, it is gone. It should be listed in your Journal under Trophies. Once a group of these is completed, you are awarded achievements and dyes.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Answer ✓
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    Yup, I'm on the Xbone and it only gives me the option to destroy them.
  • skoomaking916
    skoomaking916
    ✭✭
    Same with ps4, destroy only.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that 'destroy' is the console version of 'use' for PC. This was discussed an another thread, and a console user said the collectible showed up as completed in his achievements after destroying it. A good test would be on a Chattering Skull. Those seem to drop like candy, especially compared to some of the other items. It's a pretty safe bet that you will get another Chattering Skull if destroying does not add it to your achievements.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XBox One, and there is no option to use some of them. I have the Chattering Skull and it doesn't allow me any choice but to destroy. I also have a spider egg, but I forgot to check it.

On the plus side, I have a light charm and a root which do work, though I have no idea what the root does. I click use, but all it does is envelop me in a green haze while I pray. I thought about destroying it, but maybe it has some purpose down the road.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    @Violynne , Collectibles and trophy are different things. Trophies are awarded at the completion of some dungeon quests. Most of them have a graphic display or minor ability if you slot them and use them. They will stay in your inventory until you dispose of them ( which many do since they are not really worth the inventory space). Collectibles on the other hand are rare drops from specific creatures that can be consumed. Once used, or consumed, it is gone. It should be listed in your Journal under Trophies. Once a group of these is completed, you are awarded achievements and dyes.
    I've not seen any trophies in game yet, so I can't comment on it. But so far, I've had three Collectibles: 2 had Use options (a root and bear trap), and the Chattering Skull (which does not have anything but destroy).

I've been keeping the skull thinking it would fit somewhere in the game, since I can't transfer it to the bank to rid it from inventory. I'll try slotting it tomorrow to see what happens, and will update the result.

Are the menu items listed in the same manner between console and PC? I ask because these things have all been grouped under the Collectibles section of our inventory.
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I've not seen any trophies in game yet, so I can't comment on it. But so far, I've had three Collectibles: 2 had Use options (a root and bear trap), and the Chattering Skull (which does not have anything but destroy).

I've been keeping the skull thinking it would fit somewhere in the game, since I can't transfer it to the bank to rid it from inventory. I'll try slotting it tomorrow to see what happens, and will update the result.

Are the menu items listed in the same manner between console and PC? I ask because these things have all been grouped under the Collectibles section of our inventory.

On console, I do believe that root and bear trap are trophies that you can actually do something with. The chattering skull is a collectible but it only gives us the option to destroy it, I don't even know if they can be sold.