Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yes to VR16!

Elijah_Crow
Elijah_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

1. XP needed for every VR rank reduced by 15%
2. Quest XP increased by 50%
3. Public Dungeons (Large group delves) Doubling XP
4. Craglorn XP increased by 20%

It appears that this increase will be timed with the release of new content Imperial City / Wrothgar

At this time many new armor and weapon sets will be introduced as well. (Two weeks for details)

Gear progression is inevitable. I would most likely re-make my gear any way with one of the new sets. Sounds like there will be a wide range of new gear.

Sky is not falling.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just became useless and the amount of time they put into them?

Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...and then using radiant oppression on yourself.

Doesn't effect me but I am not going to try and make it smell like roses for others...it is what it is.
    Edited by Troneon on July 2, 2015 10:22PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Content first, then cap increase. It doesn't matter how much extra % xp they award me if all the zones I can play in are V10 and under as the increase doesn't make up for the penalty I'll receive for being too high for the mobs in that zone.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. WoW and SWTOR do this every year.
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public dungeon XP is getting increased by 100%
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Grimnaur
    Grimnaur
    ✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just because useless and the amount of time they put into them?

Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...

Not arguing with you, but that is how all gear grinding games work. You work for best gear, then they raise the level and you rinse/repeat.

“Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka.” - J.B.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Content first, then cap increase. It doesn't matter how much extra % xp they award me if all the zones I can play in are V10 and under as the increase doesn't make up for the penalty I'll receive for being too high for the mobs in that zone.

Watched the whole show. It seems that the level increase will be at the same time of the new content release. They didn't say that for a fact, but alluded to it.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some points you should know. - Long term goal is still to remove veteran ranks, but it is intimately tied with gear progression currently. This allows them to release more content without the delay on full re-itemization.

So v16 is just an excuse to get us to burn off more refining items before they change gears on us again.

Okay. Will just stick with my v14 stuff then. :|

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except for they actually add stuff to do

Youre assuming theres tons of new things to do. Newsflash - we havent had a content update since dragonstar arena/upper craglorn 10 months ago

gg.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except the amount of gold and materials people put into getting their current items sets and builds just because useless and the amount of time they put into them?

Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...and then using radiant oppression on yourself.

Doesn't effect me but I am not going to try and make it smell like roses for others...it is what it is.

Meh, welcome to gaming? Every game has this. So far ESO has been the only one where old gear remains viable. See v12 gear still being used by v14s.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot "16 right now" and "any future ones potentially" ;)

Edited by Psychobunni on July 2, 2015 10:23PM
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh, welcome to gaming? Every game has this. So far ESO has been the only one where old gear remains viable. See v12 gear still being used by v14s.

True, but they sound really excited about some of the new armor and weapon sets. Can't wait to see what will be available and how to get it.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but they sound really excited about some of the new armor and weapon sets. Can't wait to see what will be available and how to get it.

No doubt, good chances stuff gets replaced, but if its not a whole new teir of enchants and material, it is senseless to complain about a tiny stat difference and say its the end of the world like he did.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Watched the whole show. It seems that the level increase will be at the same time of the new content release. They didn't say that for a fact, but alluded to it.

I really hope that's the case and that they have planned ahead with plenty of quests, especially good xp daily quests. If I have to fight 100 other players for a good mob grind outside just because that's the only way to get reasonable xp/min, I think I'll cry. We shouldn't be put in situations where we fight against each other in non pvp situations.

• parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    Grimnaur wrote: »

Increasing VR ranks was like taking a shot gun to ESO's foot...

Not arguing with you, but that is how all gear grinding games work. You work for best gear, then they raise the level and you rinse/repeat.

when they release an expansion..same for both swtor and wow..due to the new zones and raids and dungeons..this level cap increase along with new gear is acceptable..but not when there is no new content and the so called IC is nowhere to be seen.
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the problems of upgrading there gear could be solved by just letting boss kills drop gold level gear. There is no way most of the boss fights should drop any less. A boss is just not going to wear less and it should drop. Should be able to deconstruct gold mats from gear drops not just the endless grind of searching for stuff to refine.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For most of us this will be the second time we gear up this year...and at this rate I'm inclined to believe there will be a 3rd as well.
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't bother me one bit. There isn't that much of a difference between two VR ranks of gear anyway. I look forward to the new sets.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So in what way ESO i different?
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I was almost ready to waste tons of mats on a few new suits... that ESO Live today saved me about 1m in tempers.
    And I bet I can flip those soon to some loaded sods who desperately hunger for the latest, brightest and shiniest min/max suits.... and I'm gonna make them pay for that. A lot.
    Life is good! *whistles a happy tune*
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea..almost upgraded all my Epic to Legendary..was going to do tonight. Glad I waited!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Never had it in for VR levels anyway. They're only a pain if you're in a rush to get to end-game, and the game shouldn't be developed around people in a rush or leveling several alts (for the record, I have 2 VR14s and a number of other characters at various stages of progression through the VR levels).
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea..almost upgraded all my Epic to Legendary..was going to do tonight. Glad I waited!

"Don't ever do anything in the game, because it might change tomorrow. In fact dont even play the game because if it changes everything youve done will no longer matter in progression, but hey thats a wonderful feeling to know I didnt lose anything because I never did anything to start with". - you
    Edited by Rylana on July 2, 2015 11:00PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

"Don't ever do anything in the game, because it might change tomorrow. In fact dont even play the game because if it changes everything youve done will no longer matter in progression, but hey thats a wonderful feeling to know I didnt lose anything because I never did anything to start with". - you

its been longer than a day i understand ppl getting annoyed when it quickly went from 10 to twelve to 14 but this has been the max for a while.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea..the people at cap need something to aspire to! And some VR16 mobs in Imperial City to kick their @sses
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    oooh .. opportunity to profit from all my V9+ mats saved up
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Olivierko
    Olivierko
    ✭✭✭
    We already have a progress system in place, which was the initial argument for the removal of veteran ranks.

The Champion System itself will keep us occupied for years to come, no need of adding more character levels.

When I finally thought that they've found a solution that wasn't the typical MMO progression system ...
    Addons:PointificatorRaidificator

1. Dar'diov ★ AvA 25 ★ Nightblade
    2. Tig'ger ★ AvA 9 ★ Dragonknight
    3. Ba'bushka ★ AvA 28 ★ Sorcerer
    4. Hails-To-Putin ★ AvA 18 ★ Templar
    5. Ba'boon ★ AvA 13 ★ Sorcerer

6. PC EU ★ Aldmeri DominionYoutube
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    "ERIC WROBEL: Removal of veteran rank is out long term goal but its not easy to unbound all V14 items, So we introducing VR16 to close the gap "

The biggest question is, Then how will you unbound V16 items?
    Another lie ZOS...

Its not matter of welcoming VR16 or not, most are upset of ZOS excuse and lies.
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two choices:

1. VR ranks are removed and complete itemization is redone. We have to wait for new content because of this.
    2. Add two new levels to the current system and release content now, and work on itemization and removal of VR afterward.

I'll take choice two and have the new content to keep me busy while they work on redoing all itemization and removal of VR levels.
  • Deathztalker
    Deathztalker
    ✭✭✭
    VR16 and the XP boot will force people into getting the CP they need in order to help solve the PVP problem but this is only patch for the CP problem and not a solution :-(
    Live, Love, Laugh, Learn!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two choices:

1. VR ranks are removed and complete itemization is redone. We have to wait for new content because of this.
    2. Add two new levels to the current system and release content now, and work on itemization and removal of VR afterward.

I'll take choice two and have the new content to keep me busy while they work on redoing all itemization and removal of VR levels.
    3. Add new content without increasing the level cap.

Maybe there's a good reason why it couldn't be done, I don't know, I'm not an insightful person. Someone please explain.