The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Possible Invasion Bug

Lykurgis
Lykurgis
✭✭✭
Charged a guy at a doleman this morning with Invasion and I became rooted in place unable to perform any other actions, swap bars, cast, roll dodge or anything besides bash. I am familiar with all the other bugs with Toppling/Crit charge, but this is the first time this has happened to me. After I died my character was frozen upright in a perpetual loop of the bash animation, I couldn't release, wayshire or do anything but exit the game via Alt-F4.

@Zos, any ideas?
We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
world first naked AA run
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you open the crown store window and rotate your character it will some times un-root your character. That bug has been around for months and they don't seem to care about fixing it.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    If you open the crown store window and rotate your character it will some times un-root your character. That bug has been around for months and they don't seem to care about fixing it.

Omg so much better than my method!
    Lykurgis wrote: »
    Charged a guy at a doleman this morning with Invasion and I became rooted in place unable to perform any other actions, swap bars, cast, roll dodge or anything besides bash. I am familiar with all the other bugs with Toppling/Crit charge, but this is the first time this has happened to me. After I died my character was frozen upright in a perpetual loop of the bash animation, I couldn't release, wayshire or do anything but exit the game via Alt-F4.

@Zos, any ideas?

This bug seems to have something to do with being rooted and stunned at the same time. In PvP, it happens the most in concert with talons or someone using stampede. The only way to get free is being cc'd out of it (fear, knockback), dying or exiting the game. Luckily, in PvP, if you throw up a block someone will fear you eventually.

It has been around for a loooong time.
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, i ran into a similar bug with toppling charge on my Templar, just the first time it's happened to me with the Invasion skill on my DK so I thought it might not be the same issue. Sound like it is the same ole bug.
    We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I have run into this Bug ALOT and only recently found a work around,
    Everytime i have been rooted I have done this and it has worked 100% of the time,

Open crown store, preview a mount, rotate through 360 degrees and then go back to game and problem solved.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »

Lol so funny "Your character can't move? Try on some of our new mounts!"

https://youtu.be/G8iOmVd1W_g
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.