Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too much lag

xfabriciox
xfabriciox
Soul Shriven
This is my second post because I am very desperate, I have tried everything i have wired the modem cable to the ps4, trying in europe server but everything seems worthless. I am playing from Panama (south america) is anyone playing from SA with the same problem?

I reinstalled the game, tried a different account... etc. The game is unplayable, there is lag everywhere and every other player spikes.

Does anyone have a solution for this? The only answer i have got from Zenimax is to test my internet connection lol... I can play any other game perfectly...
If I could I would ask for my money back honestly.
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    So im going to ask you kind of what they did. Would you please test your speed from your ps4 (I know you can from xbox so im assuming you can from ps4) and post the results back here please.
    Edited by Talcon on June 30, 2015 8:10PM
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    I'm working right now but I always get 3.1 mb exactly what have been enough for any other game that I play
    fifa , league of legends, wow ,etc

• Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is different than other games in it requirements for speed. I have tested this with other people having the same issue as you, anything less than 10mb down and your going to see lag issues. - 3.1 and you wont even be able to run around and do much.

So now the question is, what speeds are you paying your internet service provider for, im assuming more then 3.

Stick with me and we will figure out the issue and get it fixed.
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you talcon, actually I'm paying for 3mbs I know it is very slow however I have never experienced problems with it,
    it is just that my Internet connection it is too slow ? I was trying to look on the Internet if this game had a certain speed requirement but in elder scrolls page it just appear as "all you need is internet" something very basic like that.

If there is a speed Internet requirement can someone tell me which it is ?

In my opinion it is very weird that I can play any other massive multilayer game perfectly but not this one
  • Nine-Eight-Nine
    That's not entirely true. ESO and other MMO's don't need big internet speeds to run. All you're doing is sending/receiving small packets of information.

I'm betting it's your ping that's making the game lag, as ping (latency) is far more relevant when playing any online game. Can you do a ping test to Texas and see what you're getting? Anything over 68ms you're going to see other players lagging about.
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    Hey nine, how do I do that test ?
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    Nine I got 63ms at the ping test, I guess that is not the problem...
  • Nine-Eight-Nine
    That should be fine. The problem must be elsewhere. Can you try deleting the game save from your PS4. Delete all saves, don't worry your characters are saved server side.

If that doesn't fix it you may need to try completely deleting the game and reinstalling. I know that might be a bit of a pain for you to do on a 3mb service but I'm thinking if the save deleting idea doesn't work that something might have become corrupt when installing the actual game.
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for your time answering me I really appreciate it, and yes that is what I'm doing.

I deleted the game yesterday and I have half of the game already I need 20gbs more. I really hope it fix the problem because that was my last idea and honestly I can't think in other thing to solve it
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    https://youtu.be/F06DJkOcfVA

To give you an idea that's how my game looks like , pretty bad right ?
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    Its the 3mb without a doubt. Can you log into the router? Do you know if its 2.4gz or 5 gz?
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    Talcon , how do I do that I have no idea
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    most common is open a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1 try that, but it depends on which router you have too. So if you can find the model and let me know ill be able to give you a better answer.
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    Talcon the Web page says is not available, here is my router model

Hope it will help
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    try that default login address
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    also try 192.168.0.1
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    It asks me for a login and password that I do not know (with the second up address) what can I do ?

But I have another question , if the problem is my router why do I have the same problem if I connect it directly to my ps4?
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    If you cable your router to your ps4 what speeds do you get from your ps4>?
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    3.1 always , it does not matter if it is from modem or router
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    but is it still over wifi or via an Ethernet cable?
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    Right now is on WiFi , but I get the same issue and same Internet speed either wired or not
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    Wjat are you supposed to be getting from your ISP?
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    I'm paying for 3.1 that's my Internet connection , that's is what I supposed to be getting
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    Well you would have to increase that for ESO to play well. Ive never heard of internet that slow from an ISP
  • xfabriciox
    xfabriciox
    Soul Shriven
    Never read about a certain speed to play an online game , it works perfectly with wow , gta v , fifa , league of legends ...honestly every other online game that I have ever played does not make too much sense to me