The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Store Dwemer Racial Motifs

XDarkPhoenixX
XDarkPhoenixX
Soul Shriven
So my friend is new to ESO and he bought the Dwemer Racial Motif from the Crown store. He couldn't craft any armour of that style cause he didnt have Dwemer Frames. So I did some research and it says best way to get frames is to farm Dwemer Ruins/Dungeons/Delves. Except we are Aldmeri Dominion. So we don't have Dwemer frames or Dwemer ruins to farm them. And since on X1 there is no was to global chat or contact anyone who might have frames for sale, he has basically wasted 5000 crowns. There was no warning that there were alliance requirements until you reach veteran rank. Hes lvl 10.

So is there a way for him to create the dwemer style armour for the guild in the Aldmeri dominion at lvl 10-15. Or do I need to convince him to get some kind of crown refund. Cause I personally feel like his money was just stolen.
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Well.... That sounds like a massive pain in the a*se and there are 3 ways to go about it. None are going to be particularly quick.
    1) Obviously getting to VR, but that could take a long time.
    2) Put a post on the forums asking if someone could give him one for free or cheap (or not if you or he is willing to buy)
    3) Create a new character in an appropriate Alliance and farm them. Put them in the bank and switch over to the better character.

If all of those 3 would take too long or are too difficult then the only thing left is to ask for a refund.
    Edited by SedoUmbra on June 28, 2015 8:51AM
  • XDarkPhoenixX
    XDarkPhoenixX
    Soul Shriven
    SedoUmbra wrote: »
    Well.... That sounds like a massive pain...
    1) Obviously getting to VR, but that could take a long time.
    2) Put a post on the forums asking if someone could give him one for free or cheap (or not if you or he is willing to buy)
    3) Create a new character in an appropriate Alliance and farm them. Put them in the bank and switch over to the better character.

If all of those 3 would take too long or are too difficult then the only thing left is to ask for a refund.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about an alt char. I mean one of my guildmates is going to alt in another alliance. But still, With all the time required just to make something that is supposedly in the store for convenience, actually work and produce armour. It seems to me he would have been better off waiting until he got the motif and resources at VR. Saving $50 ish.

The motiff should have a VR rank requirement to buy from the Crown store. Or at least a warning.
    Edited by XDarkPhoenixX on June 28, 2015 12:26PM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried the new char to farm Daedric hearts in Stonefalls.They have Daedra all over the place.Howevereveryo ne I kill never drops the hearts needed for the Daedric motif armor. So,I too wasted my crowns,it seems.
  • miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting Daedric and Dwemer requires you to read a Motif for each item being crafted. If you want to craft a Daedric 2handed Mace, you need to find and read the Daedric 2handed Mace Motif. If you want to craft a Dwemer Helmet, you need to find and read the Dwemer Helmet Motif. The real hard part is finding all the Motifs just to craft a Dwemer or Daetric Armor set and that is where the real value of spending 5000 Crowns to craft them lies. The materials to craft them are not as challenging to find later down the road.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting Daedric and Dwemer requires you to read a Motif for each item being crafted. If you want to craft a Daedric 2handed Mace, you need to find and read the Daedric 2handed Mace Motif. If you want to craft a Dwemer Helmet, you need to find and read the Dwemer Helmet Motif. The real hard part is finding all the Motifs just to craft a Dwemer or Daetric Armor set and that is where the real value of spending 5000 Crowns to craft them lies. The materials to craft them are not as challenging to find later down the road.

@miked83b14_ESO Daedric drops by the entire book - not in pages. Daedric motifs only drop in your Caldwell Gold zone (the 3rd faction you visit), and that is primarily where you will find Daedric Hearts (although they can be found prior).

Dwemer motifs are normally dropped in pages - 1 page equals 1 type of armor (meaning, you will find the dwemer page for chest - so you will be able to craft dwemer light, medium and heavy chests) There is a complete book but it is EXTREMELY rare. (or you can buy it in the crown store) Dwemer also requires dwemer frames - which in their unrefined state are called Dwemer Scraps (er, not sure if I'm confusing that with the trash item dwemers drop). if you start a character in Ep - there is a dwemer rune right outside of your starting city you can farm them in. Keep in mind you must be the appropriate level for any dwemer ruin to ensure the mobs drop loot.

[EDIT] As well, you will actually find the unrefined version and need 10 of them to create 1 dwemer frame (this will be in your refining window at crafting stations). Dwemer frames/scraps are pretty rare, so I wouldn't expect he will be making them for your whole guild. At least not without being given the dwemer frames by the people wanting the dwemer style gear.
    Edited by MissBizz on June 30, 2015 6:38PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fighter's guild quest from Grahtwood transports you to a Dwemer ruin. When I ran that quest I had a few Dwemer frames drop.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    The fighter's guild quest from Grahtwood transports you to a Dwemer ruin. When I ran that quest I had a few Dwemer frames drop.

Yes, and that quest scales... so just run through the dungeon without completing the quest, wait awhile (dwemer runes have a timer on loot respawn) and keep doing that. ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    This. You can run this dungeon repeatedly if you don't finish the quest. However, Dwemer scrap is rare and expensive, I wouldn't use it on a level 15 armor I'm going to outlevel in a day or two. It is by far the most time-consuming motif to use, even if you buy the book from the crown store.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a Dwemer ruin on the Daggerfall Covenant starter island (Stros M'Kai). You can start an alt and be farming that within minutes. That being said, I think you will regret using Dwemer frames on anything but endgame gear you will use for months. You will outlevel any Dwemer style gear you craft at lower levels within days, maybe even hours.
  • XDarkPhoenixX
    XDarkPhoenixX
    Soul Shriven
    Yea this is why I think he wasted his money/had it stolen. The amount of time required, makes it a end game item. Yet they sell it to low level players without any requirements or warnings.
    Edited by XDarkPhoenixX on July 3, 2015 9:04AM
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres dwemer delves in every alliance as far as I know of (well should be strange theres none in AD)
    otherwise check guild stores theres probalby frames for sale (although console version s pretty new so could be hard to find)
    Edited by bertenburnyb16_ESO on July 3, 2015 11:32AM
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • XDarkPhoenixX
    XDarkPhoenixX
    Soul Shriven
    theres dwemer delves in every alliance as far as I know of (well should be strange theres none in AD)
    otherwise check guild stores theres probalby frames for sale (although console version s pretty new so could be hard to find)

According to pretty much every online source I can find. Wiki's etc.. There are no delves, dungeons, ruins etc.. of dewmer origin for the Dominion. (Except the 2 fighters guild quests).

And since guild are alliance specific, guild stores also don't seem to have any frames or scrap. I would assume not many people are Veteran and selling hard, hard earned dwemer scrap/frames.

And not sure why AD not having dwemer ruins/delves would be strange, as it would follow the lore.

Of course everything I have learned on the subject occurred after my friend bought the motif and is unable to craft anything with it.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about undaunted stuff? You can get to those from any alliance.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a waste of mats to craft a low level set. Your friend won't have his/her crafting skills leveled until he/she is around vr1 unless a lot of gold is used to buy armor or weapons to power level. I'd suggest leveling up.
  • Draconista
    Draconista
    ✭✭
    And since guild are alliance specific, guild stores also don't seem to have any frames or scrap. I would assume not many people are Veteran and selling hard, hard earned dwemer scrap/frames. [/quote]

Not all guilds are alliance specific. Check with all the guild traders in each place you visit and I am sure you will find cross alliance guilds that are selling the frames. I see them for sale all the time. They aren't cheap though!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to pretty much every online source I can find. Wiki's etc.. There are no delves, dungeons, ruins etc.. of dewmer origin for the Dominion. (Except the 2 fighters guild quests).

And since guild are alliance specific, guild stores also don't seem to have any frames or scrap. I would assume not many people are Veteran and selling hard, hard earned dwemer scrap/frames.

And not sure why AD not having dwemer ruins/delves would be strange, as it would follow the lore.

Of course everything I have learned on the subject occurred after my friend bought the motif and is unable to craft anything with it.

I believe you can also get scrap and pages from Volenfell and maybe the Deshan Dungeon, but those do require a team (you can run dungeons out of faction), which makes farming a little trickier, and the overall drop rate for scrap is pretty terrible to begin with.

Honestly, the rare motifs are a fairly nasty trip if you buy them off the crown store. If there were some kind of stone packs, then that would be different, but it would also require, somehow, having both bound and unbound frames.

It's probably a big part of why the Malachite stones will be bound, once IC launches. So when the Glass motif hits the store, you can actually buy the stones from it as well.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draconista wrote: »
    someone? wrote:

Not all guilds are alliance specific. Check with all the guild traders in each place you visit and I am sure you will find cross alliance guilds that are selling the frames. I see them for sale all the time. They aren't cheap though!

I still remember finding 36 scrap at a guild kiosk in Skywatch for something like 144 gold. It was kinda crazy.

Anyway, yeah, guild vendors are your best bet for getting the rare stones. Though, I don't know what your markets will look like on consoles.
    Edited by starkerealm on August 11, 2015 7:04AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well frames go from 3.5 to 5k on guild stores no point paying for them, making armor and then outgrowing it within a week.

The AD having Dwemer ruined wouldn't follow lore. Ducks you can't get scrap from delves though.

That's what you get for choosing the wring faction :)
  • Mitchell810
    Mitchell810
    Soul Shriven
    the fact ur friend got level 50 in one of the crafting skills wordworking, blacksmithing etc at level 10 is pretty amazing, cause u do have to have 9 skill points in atleast one of those to even read the dwemer motif books am i right? cause i just did this the other day and was finally able toread all my motif chapters and im vet 3, i feel like this post is bull
  • XDarkPhoenixX
    XDarkPhoenixX
    Soul Shriven
    the fact ur friend got level 50 in one of the crafting skills wordworking, blacksmithing etc at level 10 is pretty amazing, cause u do have to have 9 skill points in atleast one of those to even read the dwemer motif books am i right? cause i just did this the other day and was finally able toread all my motif chapters and im vet 3, i feel like this post is bull

My friend was only crafting lvl 3 or 4 when he bought and unlocked the dwemer motiff.

Did you even read the OP. The entire thread is complaining about the fact there is NO REQUIREMENT for the crown store version of the complete dwemer motiff book. You could be able to craft dwemer gear at lvl 1 if you had the mats.

The issue is that the mats arent really availble before Vet lvls. Except there is no warning of this in the crown sotre. The whole point is that there SHOULD be a Vet lvl requirment for the crown store version of the motiff book.

Hence why I consider the motiff books in the crown store as zenimax basically stealing from noobs.
    Edited by XDarkPhoenixX on August 12, 2015 1:06AM
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that the mats arent really availble before Vet lvls. Except there is no warning of this in the crown sotre. The whole point is that there SHOULD be a Vet lvl requirment for the crown store version of the motiff book.
    Sure they are, just not in the Aldmeri Dominion; which is tied to the games extensive lore.
    Hence why I consider the motiff books in the crown store as zenimax basically stealing from noobs.
    Buying the book was optional.
  • XDarkPhoenixX
    XDarkPhoenixX
    Soul Shriven
    eNumbra wrote: »
    Sure they are, just not in the Aldmeri Dominion; which is tied to the games extensive lore.
    Again not mentioned in the crown store.
    ENumbra wrote: »
    Buying the book was optional.
    Optionally broken for anyone in the Aldmeri dominion before Vet.
    Edited by XDarkPhoenixX on August 12, 2015 1:32AM
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the mats then, start and alt then, uninstall and stop crying that your friend made a decision that can't be immediately acted upon but will still be available to him when he hits veteran levels and moves to the other factions then.

Your hyperbolic rhetoric about theft is ridiculous.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Crown Store motif books have no prereqs to learn. It makes them look like you could just buy them at level 1 and start crafting these cool styles you rarely see. Then, after you've bought it, you learn, "oh, by the way, you also need these incredibly rare style stones you're not going to see for ages."

And, expecting a newbie to realize that, no, you can't just buy those stones from a vendor the way you pick up the base motif stones, is maybe expecting a bit much from them.
  • XDarkPhoenixX
    XDarkPhoenixX
    Soul Shriven
    Buy the mats then, start and alt then, uninstall and stop crying that your friend made a decision that can't be immediately acted upon but will still be available to him when he hits veteran levels and moves to the other factions then.

Your hyperbolic rhetoric about theft is ridiculous.

Its not ridiculous. The only requirment is to be lvl 1 in crafting. Therefore once that is acheived one should be able to craft dwemer gear with nithing but lvl 1 in crafting

But no you need ridiculously rare mats that arent even available to most without massive extra effort and this is not listed as a requirment in the store.

If you dont want to call it theft. At the very least its fraud/false advertising. This isnt some *** $5 throwaway. Its cost basically the entire game for that motiff
    Edited by XDarkPhoenixX on August 12, 2015 1:42AM
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All crafting requires mats, if you needed that explained to you, you may want to try a less cerebral game; and it's not fraud or false advertising either. The motif gives you the knowledge to craft the style. That's it. That's what's advertised, that's what you're given.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All crafting requires mats, if you needed that explained to you, you may want to try a less cerebral game; and it's not fraud or false advertising either. The motif gives you the knowledge to craft the style. That's it. That's what's advertised, that's what you're given.

Again, the issue is lack of communication about the availability of those materials. Nothing about the crown store motif books suggests that Frames will be hilariously rare.

I mean to make a full set of weapons and armor you're looking at needing between 90 and 110 scrap.

If you just did the crafting tutorial, all you know is that you can buy style stones from a vendor for 15g, and there's a bunch of them, so the frame must be here somewhere. Right?

For someone new to the game, it is not an unreasonable mistake to make.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For someone who's actually been learning the system it's even worse. The motifs you can naturally find in lowbie zones are ones where the style stone is a very minor purchase after obtaining the motif. They're not particularly valuable, and may actually be viewed as trash on pickup. So, someone who's spent 7 levels making their own gear using the motifs they've gotten could easily make the mistake of believing the rare component for higher level crafting styles is only the book.

It's not. Anyone who's obtained those naturally has learned that. But there's a huge difference between grabbing a motif out of a dresser and realizing that you can't get that style stone anywhere, and someone spending 15 or 50 bucks for that book, only to learn they still can't make the item without materials they don't have access to.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for someone new to the game, spending $30 worth of crowns on a visual style is an unreasonable mistake to make.
    As I've already said, the purchase is completely optional, if the gun hadn't been jumped, you'd have noticed how rare the mats are, you'd have noticed the lack of Dwemer ruins in the south of tamriel.

Your progress towards a set of Dwmeri styled armor has not been delayed, it's has not been altered in any way than prior to you buying the motif. You were not defrauded. Deal with it.

As for buying the style mats, I've never bought them, I find them. As I recall, you couldn't buy any of the rare style mats(Daedra Heart, Palladium, Copper, Argentum) if that's still the case, that should have been a clue.
    Edited by eNumbra on August 12, 2015 1:57AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for someone new to the game, spending $30 worth of crowns on a visual style is an unreasonable mistake to make.
    $50, actually. At least for the Dwemer Motif.
    As I've already said, the purchase is completely optional, if the gun hadn't been jumped, you'd have noticed how rare the mats are, you'd have noticed the lack of Dwemer ruins in the south of tamriel.

Your progress towards a set of Dwmeri styled armor has not been delayed, it's has not been altered in any way than prior to you buying the motif. You were not defrauded. Deal with it.

My gripe here, such as it is, is that ZoS doesn't make it abundantly clear to new players that those motif books do require more to craft than just a copy of the book.

I don't disagree that spending 50 bucks on cosmetic items is stupid, especially when you're that new to the game. But, at the same time, the way the information is conveyed is sloppy, to say the least. Especially since, so far as I know, there's no explanation of how to get those style stones in game, short of asking in zone.