Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: June 26th, 2015"

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shevai wrote: »
    That is half of the answer to my question, then can @ZOS or MR / MRS @nimander99 can explain how every Jon and Jane Doe can ride ice or fire mounts? True, that TES is a magical world, however, not every common person *KNOWS* magic or even like magic -- Orc, Nords and Redgrauds, for example. To dig a little deeper, Khajiits can learn magic, but the race is not bless with Magicka gift like the Mer (Elves) are. So a lot of (most?) of the race does not know magic as a natural as some other races (like the Mer Races) can.

I am waiting for a good lore reason why we have bear mounts, can @ZOS or MR / MRS @nimander99 show me in game book that explains this concern as well?

You have to remember, the Soul shriven that have returned from Molag Bal are the only ones going around riding these things. Thats the same reason we can die repeatedly and be brought back with soul shards(and the stronger we become, the more powerful the shard required to bring us back).

We are, by and large, on our own level. We're capable of great feats, which is why the NPCs around you will constantly stop and say "By Shor, you were there when...!!!!", "It's you, you stopped that thing from happening..!!!". We're not 'every random Joe" in the world, we're the bad MFs who were sacrificed to a dark daedra, brought back and are saving the world. It stands to reason, that we can summon or tame such wild and powerful mounts for our use.

Basically, use your imagination alittle. Trust me, I understand wanting to maintain the lore; it's important in any game that attempts to draw from years of it's own lore to maintain it's story, but don't be so hard-nosed about it that you're letting afew cosmetic mounts ruin the entire thing for you.

You'll either relax and enjoy the game; doing the quests, playing with friends and guildmates and enjoying the content. Or you'll be a lore snob and stop playing. Personally, I think enjoying the game and not getting caught up in rather minor details is the best option, and the community will be better for it.

Thanks @Shevai, that is the best that someone explain that lore-wise. I don't mean to be hard nose, however, I been hurt by other games before so I can be wary of items that could lead down the path of silly ideas. Also, some other follow posters just post dumb ideas. So I need to "battle" them to keep ESO pure, not some WoW clone.
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it you guys keep coming out with the costumes we don't want?
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Shevai
    Shevai
    Soul Shriven
    You don't need to 'battle' anyone's dumb ideas. The devs will do whats right for the game and it's longevity, while keeping things hopefully mostly TES related. When they go way off course, trust me, the majority of the community will let them know. i.e. when you start seeing rainbow unicorns with add-on horse armor for 3500 crowns; thats when you start getting annoyed and put your foot down.

By and large, the mounts I've seen so far are nothing to get up in arms about. I haven't bought anything cosmetic yet, but I am contemplating the monthly $15 just for the crowns and access to any content(which to be fair, better be purchasable outright and not require a monthly fee), but I'm really waiting for that tiger-senche mount or something equally impressive.(The panther senche and lioness almost had me, but I've got a thing for tiger stripes.)
  • byrdmanwes
    byrdmanwes
    ✭✭
    I've got no problem with some of your fancy mounts and pets and what not, but I do wish there were more mounts, pets, and costumes you could get in game. Like rare drops from bosses or dungeons. I think some of the Lord behind mounts could be connected with that. Like the frost mare could be connected with a powerful mage that brought it into the world and you fight him in the dungeon and get the horse for a reward.
    Breton Templar Healer-AD
    Redgaurd Stamina Sorcerer Tank-AD
    Dark elf Magic Dragonknight DPS-AD
    Imperial Dragon knight Tank-EP
    Nord Blazing Shield Templar-DC
    GT: Mr Byrdman86
    CP: 600
  • sheggorathb16_ESO
    Shevai wrote: »
    That is half of the answer to my question, then can @ZOS or MR / MRS @nimander99 can explain how every Jon and Jane Doe can ride ice or fire mounts? True, that TES is a magical world, however, not every common person *KNOWS* magic or even like magic -- Orc, Nords and Redgrauds, for example. To dig a little deeper, Khajiits can learn magic, but the race is not bless with Magicka gift like the Mer (Elves) are. So a lot of (most?) of the race does not know magic as a natural as some other races (like the Mer Races) can.

I am waiting for a good lore reason why we have bear mounts, can @ZOS or MR / MRS @nimander99 show me in game book that explains this concern as well?

You have to remember, the Soul shriven that have returned from Molag Bal are the only ones going around riding these things. Thats the same reason we can die repeatedly and be brought back with soul shards(and the stronger we become, the more powerful the shard required to bring us back).

We are, by and large, on our own level. We're capable of great feats, which is why the NPCs around you will constantly stop and say "By Shor, you were there when...!!!!", "It's you, you stopped that thing from happening..!!!". We're not 'every random Joe" in the world, we're the bad MFs who were sacrificed to a dark daedra, brought back and are saving the world. It stands to reason, that we can summon or tame such wild and powerful mounts for our use.

Basically, use your imagination alittle. Trust me, I understand wanting to maintain the lore; it's important in any game that attempts to draw from years of it's own lore to maintain it's story, but don't be so hard-nosed about it that you're letting afew cosmetic mounts ruin the entire thing for you.

You'll either relax and enjoy the game; doing the quests, playing with friends and guildmates and enjoying the content. Or you'll be a lore snob and stop playing. Personally, I think enjoying the game and not getting caught up in rather minor details is the best option, and the community will be better for it.

That about sums it up. Also I found the cold flame Atronachs a curious read in game, (http://www.esohead.com/books/1894-daedra-dossier-cold-flame-atronach) I find it interesting theres more on these planes than just one type of being. Some people need to slow their sweetroll about the lore, if we stuck to original lore and didnt bother writing anything else or being creative then I'm sure we'd be missing out. I personally dont care about the whole, 'everyone should only have lore mounts' thing, that'd be going back to WoW after all... And I'd be sad my cat obsessed Nord couldnt follow their dream of bribing some lower class Senche into being a steed with a bag full of moon sugar... For as much lore as there is there will be a way around it. I dont see why if the character had/has access to Senche tigers why they wouldnt be able to befriend/bribe it. Theres travelling races of all kinds everywhere, in all games, it makes sense they'd bump into the Senche at some point and think, 'Gods damn I need me one of them...' Heck in the harsh ESO world I wouldnt think much of a Senche slavery ring... Check where your Senche mounts come from... Also, all we know is what was written up by scholars. If they didnt bother to mention a certain class of hero riding about on Senches and icy horses then no one would know. Or maybe that just hasnt been written yet... or maybe the lorebooks were lost somehow... who knows... Lore still doesnt even really know where the Dwarves went yet... Or you could just say ESO is a different kettle of fish to the ES series, and its just based on it, like a parallel world with some differences... whatever works. I still see most people on normal horses, and if the thought of riding something more unusual offends you, just dont do it. And put the rest down to having had too much skooma... makes sense you'd be seeing people riding cats and elemental horses everywhere after drinking hist sap and skooma...

Also, while we're on the topic I'm still waiting for the ESO bunch to give me a damn Senche tiger, crown store or otherwise(including payment by souls, or real life work... I will even dance for a Senche tiger...) since the unhelpful help service cheated me out of one with a lack of information, given soon after it was far too late... And I will keep bringing it up since its the ONLY thing I want in the entire game, its like it was made for my character... None of these other cats even compare with its stripy goldenness and its purple gear... But then it was torn away by a small misunderstanding about refunds which nobody really seems to understand...(that and my father died around the same time so my head wasnt on maths... I had to trust the damn unhelpful service would tell me if I didnt have enough time but all I got was useless copy paste answers...) Why they didnt let 9 months have it instead of 10 I'll never know, and I'll keep feeling complete hatred, and depression, and start swearing every time I see a stripy Senche mount for the rest of my time in the game... Ah well, nobody cares... Ignore the venting...
    ... ҉ ⚝ ⚛ The one and only ⚡ᚺεǥϑ☉ᚱꜽ♰ϗ, whoever I am, I'm ȿℌͼℊƍ◎ℛ⎃ᛏ♄ the skooma cat. ⚛⚝.. ҉..
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enough with the dresses. Where are the groom and noble outfits? That's something I'd wear.
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Can someone please help me to understand the lore behind the ice horse in more detail? How this follow lore of the TES games? From my understanding, summoning Oblivion critters only be done by train mages, not every Joe on the street and his mother. So ZOS, how can you have that everyone has an ice horse from the planes of Oblivion and still keep it with establish lore?

TBH, I don't like the fire horse or the stupid bear for the same reason I don't like an ice horse -- [snip] I still hate the idea in games that says: "if it can move, let us make a mount with it."

I can live with gold farmers, bugs, delay updates or server crashes, the quickest way to drive me and many others who love the TES game lore is to throw it out of the window. Lore SHOULD always go 1st.

The rest of the items of the items in this preview looks cool and I am digging the Gothic dress. It is / will be hard to over look lore mistakes like fire, ice and bear mounts. Worst case, I can wait for BGS who is the true master of TES games to make TES 6 and respect their lore. ESO is a spin off game after all, I am still loading out hope for it in the lore department. If ZOS keep breaking TES lore, then ZOS will force me to leave ESO.

Can anyone ( I hope ZOS can) help me with my lore concerns? Thanks.

Is is lore friendly that people can ride bears, as orcs tame them.

As far as the ice and fire horses go, well your character is "the one", despite there being many "the one" characters. So, your character is uber powerful and fights in both Coldharbour and Tamriel, so it does work. If we start seeing generic NPCs riding them, well that is a different story.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 3, 2023 7:04PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Edit: Don't forget that the Snow Prince spoken of in Morrowind rode one of these mounts into battle against the Nords for years.

@nimander99 : Could you point out the quote please? I'm looking at Fall of the Snow Prince right now and all I'm seeing about his mount was that it was "a brilliant steed of pallid white."

I might have miss-remembered it, I was going off memory from seven or eight years ago... there is always the good ol argument of since this game takes place a few hundred years before any of the other Scrolls games, anything they add becomes lore by default ;) That should keep ya warm at night.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I might have miss-remembered it, I was going off memory from seven or eight years ago... there is always the good ol argument of since this game takes place a few hundred years before any of the other Scrolls games, anything they add becomes lore by default ;) That should keep ya warm at night.

Statements made by the ESO Loremaster make me believe that the events depicted in the books and scrolls that are found throughout Tamriel in all of the TES games are nothing but anecdotal. They are not factually accurate, even if they do accurately describe what the author saw, or thinks they saw.

Therefore, "brilliant steed of pallid white" could very well have been a Frostbrand, even if Lokheim did not describe it as such in the Fall of the Snow Prince.

No, I do not consider the Frostbrand or Firefoot Crown Store horses to be TES material at all. They are solely to generate revenue and are nothing more. If anyone asks about Lore, they will get an answer similar to what I said above. Lore is there to justify Crown Store items, not limit them. In the end, these are just World of Warcraft mounts. From a TES perspective, I do hope they get the fantastical fantasy mounts stuff out of their system quickly and stop.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i saw the ice mount all i could think was, Winter is coming
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Love the new stuff. People complaining about the Frost Horse simply can't evolve their way of perceiving TES Lore. Your explanation about Takubar makes beautifully perfect sense.

I do, however, have a complaint about the lack of men's costumes. Ladies now have two stunning dresses they can wear at social events, and I'm stuck looking like a chef, a blacksmith or a draugr. Any plans on some lovely suits for the menfolk?

Also, I'd sacrifice my own soul for an update on Spellcrafting.

<3

Agreed. I want a men's costume as well. A nice suit-ish kind of garment would be swell. Also, love the cat .... I just wish they would make them a bit bigger, or finally sell sabre cats :-)

I also don't like the idea of them just adding magical mounts. I think they should come with a short quest, explaing the background and how you got it. Nothing long and fancy, just something. I would love that for pets too.
    Edited by daniel.13b16_ESO on June 28, 2015 3:58PM
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that dress is TERRIBLE. The wedding dress is just poofy and unflattering and... well it's pretty ugly. Making it black does not make it any better. Please make some NEW women's costumes, something that looks actually attractive. You may notice that about 90% of the players who wear the current wedding dress are MALE characters who want to look ridiculous. That's because it's really a horrible dress that most women wouldn't wear so we don't torment our characters with it either.
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that dress is TERRIBLE. The wedding dress is just poofy and unflattering and... well it's pretty ugly. Making it black does not make it any better. Please make some NEW women's costumes, something that looks actually attractive. You may notice that about 90% of the players who wear the current wedding dress are MALE characters who want to look ridiculous. That's because it's really a horrible dress that most women wouldn't wear so we don't torment our characters with it either.

Two of my chars like to wear the wedding dress. They are vampires and I want something Gothic to go with that theme. The Wedding dress is the closest we got to that idea.

• Wolfgrim
    Wolfgrim

That "TERRIBLE" Evening Dress is a beautiful, medieval dress and perfectly fits into Elder Scrolls and would make ANY woman wearing it look attractive. What do you want? - A slutty - oh ahm excuse me - "flirty" [<.<] dress which is extremely tight-fitting and shows as much skin as possible? If so, why play an Elder Scrolls game in the first place. There are plenty alternatives out there, when it comes to MMOs featuring ****-armor - ohm ah I mean - "slooty" armor. ¬_¬

Thank you ZOS for releasing this Evening Dress. It will look breathtaking on one of my female characters.

BTW - thanks for the new cat. Where is my wolf pet? -@ZOS
    Edited by Wolfgrim on June 29, 2015 4:53PM
  • Cemaris
    Cemaris
    Soul Shriven
    Will pets ever be used for battle in the future? Or will they just remain as vanity pets? I was a bit disappointed that my black tiger pet thing didn't fight with me in battle. :/

Also... the wedding dress... I don't really like it because it looks like something a human would wear. I was hoping that in the future you would have a Elven type wedding dress. Personally because I think that one dress is to generic that an Elf wouldn't wear it. Their cultures are supposed to be different so I figured their formal wear would be as well. I would love a wedding dress for my Wood Elf that represented more of her people in the fabric work. Same goes for the other races as well. Like their armor is different so should their normal and formal wear be. Just my opinion... I really love costumes!

Btw... will costumes be dye-able in the future? I bought the Woodland Scouts pack and was disappointed that I couldn't dye it. I understand if its not possible because it would bind it to one character. But if it is possible maybe a click menu that gives you the option to use a custom color or use the default color when you choice to active the costume in the collectibles menu. I don't know...something like that if it makes sense. >.>
    Edited by Cemaris on June 29, 2015 6:28PM
  • theimp
    theimp
    REALLY COOL STUFF! id like to request a more formal dress wear for male characters. like how females have the wedding dress and a nice up coming dress. besides that, I still want a camel mount, seems like for now ,its the same 3 mounts just different skins AND ty for the great job you guys do.IMG_0565_zps42507fa3.jpg
    Edited by theimp on June 29, 2015 7:13PM
  • mandrakethebard_ESO
    k9mouse wrote: »
    How this follow lore of the TES games? From my understanding, summoning Oblivion critters only be done by train mages, not every Joe on the street and his mother. So ZOS, how can you have that everyone has an ice horse from the planes of Oblivion and still keep it with establish lore?

TBH, I don't like the fire horse or the stupid bear for the same reason I don't like an ice horse -- [snip]
    Faulgor wrote: »
    There is no reason it should exist.

I gotta tell y'all, I'm a little tired of all the fuss on this. There *is* a simple explanation proposed by the devs for the existence of this mount... it's a summoned creature. Now it just so happens that one of my characters is not only a talented summoner, but is thematically set up so that an "ice horse" fits him perfectly. Therefore, the reason why this mount needs to be in the game is so that my character can have one. The fact that a bunch of other people are gonna get them is really not my problem. As far as I'm concerned, this was put here just for me and that's the way you need to look at it if you're gonna have a stress-free life here. Calm down.

The way I see it, this game isn't a multi-player game that offers me some solo content, this is a solo game in which I'm forced to interact with some other people. Fine. I'm able to enjoy it because of the way I choose to look at it, lore and all. Also, I've noticed that once the initial enthusiasm over a nifty new mount dies down (and it does not take long), the numbers of them that I see decline dramatically. I already find that the numbers of Nightmare Coursers and large cat mounts still present seems reasonable from a lore standpoint, and that will only get better as more mount variety enters the game.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 3, 2023 7:05PM
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    I would completely understand Arvak in crown store...

Arvak.png

but this? :confused:
    ZOS please explain WHERE this horse came from? Seems like there's no lore-related information on such creature in whole TES universe ...even in Imperial Library there's no single word about horse like that :astonished:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argh...
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey This is a beautiful mount and it will be the pride of my collection.

While you are at it, could you PLEASE BRING BACK OLD CROWN PROVISIONS even just for momentarily so those who did not have the opportunity, to purchase them and add them as personal collection. TAKING THOSE ITEMS AWAY WITHOUT A NOTICE is not fair and sets a horrible precedence.
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Seth_Black
    Seth_Black wrote: »
    It would make no sense to have Arvak in the crown store, since we know there is only one.

Even though we don't know how many Frostmares and Nightmare Coursers exist, we know that there aren't as many as we see in ESO, and to me that's lore-breaking. I personally don't think the mounts themselves are lore-breaking, but I think that 100+ people riding the same fantasy mount is.

Edited by Ghrimn on June 30, 2015 1:44PM
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    @Seth_Black
    It would make no sense to have Arvak in the crown store, since we know there is only one.

Even though we don't know how many Frostmares and Nightmare Coursers exist, we know that there aren't as many as we see in ESO, and to me that's lore-breaking. I personally don't think the mounts themselves are lore-breaking, but I think that 100+ people riding the same fantasy mount is.

But Frost Mare doesn't exist in TES lore at all as creature ...that's my point.
    Imperial Library Frost Mare search results
    Arvak was just example of a mount that we could explain existing and looks cool.
    I'm not arguing about details ...just IN GENERAL frost/ice horse doesn't exist in TES world - simple
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Seth_Black
    Just because something isn't mentioned in other games doesn't mean it's not possible, there's still a lot we don't know about TES. If that were to be the case then everything after Arena would be lore-breaking. Also, half the things in ESO were never shown or mentioned before, so why are you only complaining about the mounts?

Edited by Ghrimn on June 30, 2015 2:25PM
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    @Seth_Black
    Also, half the things in ESO were never shown or mentioned before

Please, share with us what exactly.
    I'm playing TES games since Arena, finished them all few times and in general I'm VERY interested in existing TES lore.
    There's no such thing as non-existing items introduced in ESO since (if you know the timeline) ESO is not at the beginning nor the end of the timeline. There's always some source that mentions rare or specific creatures, people, places, weapons etc
    So please tell me what exactly was created purely in ESO and doesn't exist in lore already :smile:
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Seth_Black
    The Alliance War & The Planemeld were never mentioned before.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    @Seth_Black

That's part of the STORY :)
    It's like you would say 'Oblivion Crysis didn't existed before release of TES IV: Oblivion!'

Tamriel History
    Interregnum
    Planemeld

We're talking about creatures and items (especially rare & unique) that exist in the game and DON'T exist in lore

Now show me how Frost Mare came into existence :)
  • Mrchavoda
    Mrchavoda
    what a cheap ass update again.. stop re-skinning items that takes less then a [snip] hour to make.
    there will be absolute nothing again for me to buy from the store.

Horse = re-skinned base horse
    cat = re-skinned base cat
    dress = re-skinned base wedding dress
    (that also look damn awful on every single character i seen wearing it due to it being out of proportions to the actual body)

The ashland costume set is the only thing taken from the game that not yet available to players in some form.
    its useless and ugly (to me) but some might like it.

You Devs/ marketing people really need to start working on the damn store, aslong theres nothing intresting in it, i will just freebee as there is no reason to subscribe ( no updates, no crown uses)

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 3, 2023 7:07PM
  • VanyelMohr
    VanyelMohr
    ✭✭✭
    @Seth_Black

That's part of the STORY :)
    It's like you would say 'Oblivion Crysis didn't existed before release of TES IV: Oblivion!'

Tamriel History
    Interregnum
    Planemeld

We're talking about creatures and items (especially rare & unique) that exist in the game and DON'T exist in lore

Now show me how Frost Mare came into existence :)

I'm not an ES historian and I really don't care, but this argument seems silly to me. Now that ESO has introduced the Frost Mare, albeit with a short note about its origins, it is also a part of the story. Maybe the Frost Mare existed in this time period and something happened that destroyed them all in the future. Maybe it's part of a lost or forgotten history. It can be a new mystery to be explored in the future. I don't see why ESO can't add to lore instead of being constrained to events in other books or games. And, sometimes, letting the user/reader create their own story is more fun than being force fed every detail.

In the real world, our history books do not contain every single historic event that has occured. An editor selects those events they think are most important. Sometimes those editors have biases about what to share and what to leave out. Sometimes those editors skew, hide or add details to frame an event in a particular way to fit their biases. Sometimes new information is discovered that changes our view of a particular event or adds completely new events to the historical record. Additionally, in the real world, we are still discovering new species of animals. We are also still discovering fossils of animals that died out, that we didn't know previously existed. Do we really think that the 100 or so creatures we've been introduced to in ESO are the only ones that exist considering the multitude of species that exist in real life? I imagine that these real world experiences are also true of ES.

The Frost Mare doesn't feel out of place to me. It fits the artistic theme of the game and I'm going to buy it. :P
    Edited by VanyelMohr on June 30, 2015 9:31PM
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    First a fire horse and now an ice horse. Can we get a lightning horse to finish up the trio? I would love a "Thundermere" (imagined name obviously) for my sorcerer. He likes lightning...

Side note...Glass motifs when?
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @Seth_Black
    It's like you would say 'Oblivion Crysis didn't existed before release of TES IV: Oblivion!

We're talking about creatures and items (especially rare & unique) that exist in the game and DON'T exist in lore.
    It's different, there was no way of knowing about the oblivion crisis because it was set in the future, ESO is set on the past, so we could have had information about it in the previous games, but we did not.

So to you, a major event that was added from Shor-knows-where and that has never been mentioned before is not lore breaking, but an insignificant item/creature or whatever, that has never been mentioned before is? Sorry but that makes no sense at all.

@Chaddiwicker
    The Horse itself isn't lore-breaking, the lore-braking part comes when we start to see 100+ people riding a horse as rare as a Dragon or a Unicorn.