The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown store bought items and upgrades should be account wide !!

TimboZero
TimboZero
Soul Shriven
Given that it is hoped by the publisher that we will spend real money in this store, we should get account wide benefits from doing so.
As an example, to get maximum riding perks would take 5-6 months of game based training or about 1.5 times the cost of the game within the crown store.
To spend such amounts of real money and then find only one character receives the perk is not encouraging.
Same goes for racial motifs, and I am sure other items as well.
  • God-eater
    God-eater
    ✭✭
    Imperial pack - i was stunned to find out it's not even cross-server - you buy it on NA and you can't use it on EU. That's some pretty blatant greed.
    "M'aiq is glad he has a compass. Makes it easy to find things. Much better than wandering around like a fool." - some cat I met on the road
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Consumables and Items:
    Why should you be able to pay only once and then receive the benefits twice? Consumables have always only been usable by one character, because one consumable can only have one consumption (you can put them in the bank to use them on characters other than the one you buy them on).

On Upgrades:
    I am more inclined to agree that Upgrades should be account-wide, since if you buy the Digital Imperial Edition download you get the Upgrade on both servers, and if you had the pre-order Explorer Pack you get that on both servers as well. I think it is technically not possible though, since the Crown Store exists in-game, and thus is server-locked.
    There will be considerable backlash from this I think when DLC comes around and you have to buy that twice to use it on both servers, as that is not normal practice for something considered DLC.

In summary, I don't mind Items being server-bound, but Upgrades should not be.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • TimboZero
    TimboZero
    Soul Shriven
    For my part it depends on what you consider a consumable and what you consider an upgrade.

Foods, buffs, soul gems etc. are fine being one character, expires when consumed.

The level of cash it takes to get all racial motifs or max out a mount I would however class as an upgrade that should be account wide. If the mount I bought is account wide then that kind of sets a president for the mount upgrades to be likewise.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In-game mount upgrades that are bought with gold are character-specific, so the Crown Store ones need to be as well otherwise the system is unfair.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • TimboZero
    TimboZero
    Soul Shriven
    Not aware that you can buy speed, stamina, and capacity upgrades for gold. All I have seen is 1 point per 20 hours (3600 hours total, or 150 days if you prefer) or crowns which adds up to over twice the launch (console) price of the game.
    Either way you do it we are talking about an unrepeatable (by any fair definition) process.

I might be inclined to consider the random chances on motifs being within reason. You can at least craft from your main for your alt. but, there is no way I could see my way to consider the mount issue being even remotely 'fair' !