Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Alchemy almost completely broken

Renatoefdv
Renatoefdv
Soul Shriven
please fix the alchemy, i found some bugs and things i think its unacceptable.

an elder scroll game without poison mechanics its completely unacceptable, how can an archer kill an op healer/healing skills (pvp)?
we have alchemy ingredients to make poison (is not just some negative effect) but can't use it? :o

and lots of ingredients should be reviewed, because they are not giving the correct effects, for an example combine the mountain flower with columbine and some ingredient that have restore stamina, this combination should give health plus stamina effects but it only gives stamina, this is happening with other ingredients too (nirnroot+columbine+luminous russula= invisibility and healt effects but it only gives invisibility)

please review alchemy its almost useless and annoying with the missing effects!
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Renatoefdv wrote: »

an elder scroll game without poison mechanics its completely unacceptable, how can an archer kill an op healer/healing skills (pvp)?
    we have alchemy ingredients to make poison (is not just some negative effect) but can't use it? :o

and lots of ingredients should be reviewed, because they are not giving the correct effects, for an example combine the mountain flower with columbine and some ingredient that have restore stamina, this combination should give health plus stamina effects but it only gives stamina, this is happening with other ingredients too (nirnroot+columbine+luminous russula= invisibility and healt effects but it only gives invisibility)

- Please fix everything else before touching crafting.

- Try Lethal Arrow and Disease Enchants when fighting healers.

Poisons will be nice in the faaaar future and I agree it should have been there in the beginning. But when the ship hits an iceberg, it's better to fix the big holes first.

Edited by Jeckll on June 30, 2015 2:01PM
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The example you have given works as intended. Nirnroot has "ravage health" property, which negates one of the "regenerate health" properties the other two herbs have. Thus, you have regen health only once and it will not be an effect of the resulting potion.

Alchemy is completely fine. You just have to consider the mechanism of "opposing effects cancel each other out".

Now, poisons would be a welcome addition. Let's hope they get to it at some time in the future. Don't hold your horses, mate, it may take a while!
    Edited by Leandor on June 30, 2015 2:14PM
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poisons are coming soon(TM) since launch. I guess they are still busy working on a polished console release so
    working on stuff promised a year ago will still need more time.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is not a bug. Restore X + Ravage X will cancel each other out by design. So if one reagent has Restore Health and one has Ravage Health, the final potion will have no effect on health. Same thing applies to "Lower" and "Increase". So, for example, Lower Spell Damage on one reagent and Increase Spell Damage on another reagent will cancel out. Stun and Unstoppable also cancel out, I think, as might Invisibility and Detection.
  • Egg_Death
    Egg_Death
    ✭✭
    How would this work and not require a rebalancing of the combat mechanics? In previous games IIRC you applied poison to the weapon and then had one shot with it. I could imagine this making it easy to gimp hard targets if everyone in your group poisons their weapons and targets the same enemy. I'm not familiar enough with all of the game mechanics to know what all ramifications this would have on combat, but I'm sure glad they aren't releasing major changes before they are ready. Considering I could outright craft spells in Oblivion, I have no problem with potentially troublesome aspects being left out until they can integrate them to the MMO style properly. I'm not going to complain about how I can't make a spell to give me 100% chameleon + a dozen other buffs. Some aspects just need to be left out or heavily nerfed.

That being said if you can make poisons I think you should be able to use them, so hopefully they fine-tune it in a way that isn't broken but still gives you a benefit for using it. I could see it acting as an alternative to enchantments for melee/archery characters. Instead of souls you just need to keep applying new poisons. Perhaps the effects would be different from enchantments in ways that make sense. One example could be a stamina damaging poison that does more damage but does not have the leaching stamina effect of an enchantment. Unless they only let you either enchant or poison, not both, I would see them having to rebalance damage and armor effects (or at least give players an additional avenue of defense to compensate, such as "chemically treated" armor to reduce poison damage).
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Bethesda E3 Presentation hints that the Dark Brotherhood was fourth in line with the fadeout "we know" handprint letter.

# Edit: There is some indication that they may tie poison oils to that.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on June 30, 2015 10:23PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Renatoefdv
    Renatoefdv
    Soul Shriven
    ok i see now, kinda lame though, but we really need poisons!
  • Kahnvik
    Kahnvik
    All my Elder Scrolls builds were based on stealth and poisoning , would love to be able to poison in ESO but agree there are far greater things that need to be addressed first.

Can't wait for Dark Brotherhood to be implemented :-)

Kahnvik
  • snorlockb16_ESO
    snorlockb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Negative effects - if they aren't cancelled by the effect in the same potion - should be outgoing on attacks, so a 40 second potion of slow would be attached to attacks for 40 seconds. The effect on the target should be limited to the time the potion is active, so if you hit someone with 5 seconds left on the potion, they are poisoned for 5 seconds. If you hit them immediately after using the potion, they are poisoned for the full 40 seconds.

Poison potions can stay with the current recipe design. Each effect has an opposite so a health potion is an antidote to a damage health potion, etc.
  • aenaerion
    aenaerion
    It does seem a little pointless to be able to make poisons if you can't use them in any way
  • Egg_Death
    Egg_Death
    ✭✭
    aenaerion wrote: »
    It does seem a little pointless to be able to make poisons if you can't use them in any way

I suppose you could always use a strong potion as the "coward's way out" to go out on your own terms in PvP B)

I'd say the current function to make it more difficult to make potions that lack negative effects is a reason for "poisons" to exist, so it is certainly not pointless. I'd imagine a poison as a failed upgrade attempt.
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    wouldn't poisons potentially allow one-shots in pvp? If they are going to do that stuff, then they need to add a tracking/sixth sense type of skill, and turn stealth into a full gameplay mechanic where skills and items all affect it, as well as movement speed, direction you are facing, etc....I play World of Tanks, and their mechanic for detecting/hiding is fantastic. Would love to see this game offer some counter to stealth and make it a bit of a cat and mouse pvp element.
  • Kahnvik
    Kahnvik
    If memory serves me correctly < In Dark Age of Camelot , there was a detect stealth skill , which made it harder for you to sneak up on anyone , gave a better chance to survive PvP
  • SeaNBeGoNe
    Jeckll wrote: »

- Please fix everything else before touching crafting.

- Try Lethal Arrow and Disease Enchants when fighting healers.

Poisons will be nice in the faaaar future and I agree it should have been there in the beginning. But when the ship hits an iceberg, it's better to fix the big holes first.

This

If interested in joining - Gamemasters
    140+ PvE/PvP/Trading Guild
    1 Current Event Going
    GT: SeaNBeGoNe