The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How rare is Nirnhoned gear?

Dante_Ravenkin
I'm hoping someone can give me some insight as to how rare the Nirnhoned trait is to find? I don't have a lot of traits left to research on my robes, but I've never seen Nirnhoned items anywhere. Is it something I can expect to find near level 50?
'This throne is arguably the most uncomfortable piece of furniture in the Kingdom. And I get to use it.'
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will not find it untill you do quests in uper craglorn, or buy it from someone.

to get nirnhoned stones you must collect nodes from upper craglorn aswell, a reason they cost about 20k a piece.
    Edited by Yakidafi on June 29, 2015 7:01AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned is gated by 1990s group-or-die content, as Yakidafi mentioned, Craglorn quests are entirely unsoloable until you're geared enough not to need them .. good luck 'questing' in Craglorn these days.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, Nirm is absolutly a waste of gold before v14.

Then, the best way to get nirm stuff is to farm gold, then buy stone. stone is 19-22k for armor and 22-25k for weapon thoses times.

Then find a crafter, which don't get a fee too expensive.
    A guildmate can make you this for free, but generally it's 1-3 / 5-10k per item.

(consider ~25/30k for a nirm item).
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    you get 1 random nirnhoned item after the main quest in craglorn. Beside that all others come from players.
    There are a few who have all traits researched. Find one of them and ask him/her every now and then if he/she
    can make you something. Provide materials and usually you get them without paying too much.
    On EP/EU I have everything researched with one char. And for guild members I usually charge only 1K per item.

Guild stores in craglorn have usually some posted, but they are expensive (30-35K).
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Dante_Ravenkin
    Thanks for the advice everyone. It's not that I want Nirnhoned armor, I want to research the trait to make it myself. I was hoping armor would drop with the trait but it sounds like it doesn't drop too often.
    'This throne is arguably the most uncomfortable piece of furniture in the Kingdom. And I get to use it.'
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice everyone. It's not that I want Nirnhoned armor, I want to research the trait to make it myself. I was hoping armor would drop with the trait but it sounds like it doesn't drop too often.
    It doesn't really drop at all, you can receive only one item by finishing Upper Craglorn questline. You will need to ask other players to craft items for you. You can buy nirncrux or farm it yourself, it has a low chance to drop from resource nodes in Upper Craglorn.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know the score now, but I bought about half my nirnhone items from guild stores. The other half, I paid 2k for someone to craft with my nirncrux. I have yet to complete the final Craglorn quest, and I have all nirnhone traits done on my crafter. Mind you, it cost me plenty of gold for all the research items.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Mind you, it cost me plenty of gold for all the research items.

Tell me about it. I pull up the Research Grid and look at my progress and see nine Nirncrux's being researched. I think that's 200,000 gold worth of stuff being used up.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"