Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me on an Imperial Templar Healer build!

Ljungstroem
Ljungstroem
✭✭✭
Hello Everyone,

I am playing on XB1 EU EB, not that it matters but now its out there.

I am a new player to ESO but have played Skyrim before. Right now I am level 43 on my first character and its an Imperial Templar.

My problem is that I have no real idea of what I am doing. Stuff are not really that hard until you hit V ranks I guess. Right now I am using most skills from the Aedric Spear skill line just because they're cool.

My question is what do I have to do if I want to be a healer who can help out in dungeons and so on. Therefore I am requesting a build from you lot that can help me become a strong support for my group.

Right now I am level 50 Aedric Spear, 36 Dawns Wrath and 40 Restoring Light. I figured I should be leveling Resto staffs so I only recently got those and that level is only 26 right now.

Could you please help me setup my 2 action bars with set skills and what passives to use. I might have to respec my skill points but I would gladly do that for a good build. Also since I am new I have no idea where all the skills come from so could you please state where your selected skills come from and if they are morphed from an earlier state skill.
For example:
Aedric Spear - Puncturing Sweep, morphed from Puncturing Strikes.

Same goes for passives so I can easily find them.

I thank you all i advance and hope you can help me in my deed.

Good evening,
- Lj
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    For leveling purposes, I found it easy to have a mostly healing bar for when you group a dps bar for soling.

You should probably have all the passives. If you have been finding all the skyshards and doing all the dungeons, at level 43 you should have a lot of extra skill points as long as you not trying every craft too on one character.

And finally I would suggest just playing your class and seeing what spells what you like. I think its fine to follow someone elses build at the end game, but as you level up you should try and play yourself and see how things work. Then when you follow those end game builds you know what works and why their picking stuff and maybe you can modify to fit your own play style better.
  • Ljungstroem
    Ljungstroem
    ✭✭✭
    @wolfydog

The problem is I have no idea what the different skills do and how they interact. I know you can read about them but I have no clue what morphs they can be and such. Also I have blacksmithing maxed out so thats like 25 skill points right there.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same build.

1) Breath of Life should never leave your bar.
    2) Repentance should never leave your bar.
    3) Restoring Aura should always be your Ultimate.
    4) Everything else is just what you feel like at that point.
    5) I prefer 7 heavy armor. I'm weird. I believe that it's more important for me to be survivable than to cast an extra spell or 3. Your mileage may vary but it got me to the top 2% of Chillrend which is a veteran campaign.
    6) Dump all of your points into health.

With this set up I've only been 1 shotted by a non-siege weapon once. A VR14 hit me with "detonation" just yesterday. You can even take a ballista to the face and, sometimes, live to tell about it.

For what it's worth my full set up is Breath of Life, Triple Fire Ball (Sun Fire?), Silver Shards, Repentance and Biting Jabs. My second bar is BoL, SF, SS, rapid maneuvers and whatever I'm randomly leveling. The Resto Staff has not added anything to my game heal wise. I'm using a destruction staff (with no equipped abilities) as my main and my secondary is whatever flavor of the day I'm going with.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RE: Passives

I took most of them from the healing Templar line and most of them from Heavy Armor. Also make sure to use the Imperial Passives.
  • Ljungstroem
    Ljungstroem
    ✭✭✭
    I can figure the most passive abilities but where do the active ones come from if I may ask, and are any of them morphed? This seems to be my biggest issue when searching online for a build, since I have no idea where these abilities come from.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm at work so I don't have that info. Go ahead and Google "ESO abilities". One of the first links will bring you to the Elder Scrolls wiki and all of the morph info is right there.

For what it's worth Breath of Life is the morph of the first ability in the Templar healing line.
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ljungstroem first of all: I really like your nice post (not joking here). You stated what you want to do, what you have at the moment and asked very nicely. I like that!

If someone mentions an ability you don't know, you can try and google for "name of skills + eso". That usually does the trick for me. There are websites which will tell you, which skill is morphed from which other skill. Remember that some people (like me) morphed these skills over a year ago and may not remember what the basic skill was called.

As daniel stated: Breath of Life should never leave your bar.

Your main healing skill will be Healing Springs. It is morphed from Grand Healing, the first skill in the restoration staff skill line. This skill stacks, so you can cast it a few times and have some nice area healing.
    So all in all: Breath of Life and Healing Springs are the main healing skills. Everything else depends on the situation.
    Important skills are: Repentance, Combat Prayer, Siphon Spirit, Rapid Regeneration/Mutagen.
    But remember that your second job as a healer is also to do damage.

As a healer your ultimate normally is Nova and you can also use meteor from the mages guild skill line to do some damage yourself. The healing ultimate is not recommended. I know no good healer who uses it. The nova gives damage reduction and isn't channeled so you can move freely and does AoE damage on top.

Looking at the armor passives, I like to do a combination of 5 pieces light armor and 2 pieces of heavy armor. This grants some extra survivability while having a nice amount of magicka and magicka regeneration. Some use 7 pieces light armor and others 5 light and 1 medium and 1 heavy for the undaunted passives.

Edit: If you have some specific questions, you can PM me. :)
    Edited by DschiPeunt on June 29, 2015 9:25PM
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Ljungstroem
    Ljungstroem
    ✭✭✭
    @DschiPeunt
    Thanks a ton for the kind words and your great reply!

I will look into trying to get these skills.

I can see that I have chosen to morph into Honor The Dead instead of Breathe of Life. Is this gonna hurt me and should I consider respec in the future when I have finally decided what exactly skills I want?

Also right now I am level 42 blacksmithing and can craft my own heavy armor and therefore I am wearing 7 pieces with all the passives. I know this is not good for leveling but is it good for being a tank and a healer?
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DschiPeunt
    Thanks a ton for the kind words and your great reply!

I will look into trying to get these skills.

I can see that I have chosen to morph into Honor The Dead instead of Breathe of Life. Is this gonna hurt me and should I consider respec in the future when I have finally decided what exactly skills I want?

Also right now I am level 42 blacksmithing and can craft my own heavy armor and therefore I am wearing 7 pieces with all the passives. I know this is not good for leveling but is it good for being a tank and a healer?

Short answer is: yes, it is going to hurt you and you should respec it.
    I know that Honor the Dead is a tempting skill, especially when playing and leveling on your own. But if you run in a group, and you do a dungeon or (later on) a trial, Breath of Life is your so called "Oh snap"-button. It costs too much to make it your main healing ability and one only wants to use it, when things get out of hand. That's why basically every healer I know has this skill on both skill bars, to access it asap when needed.
    Imagine running a dungeon with 3 other people. If you all get high damage over a short time, you want that flash-heal to keep your group alive. That is way easier when 3 people are healed at the same time.
    Simply speaking: If you have to use your flash-heal, you don't care about magicka costs, but about keeping the group alive.

Heavy armor is good for tanking, which you can do very good with an Imperial templar. But for healing you miss a lot of magicka regeneration and cost reduction when you don't use light armor. That will make magicka sustain a big problem, especially in long boss fights.

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
  • Ljungstroem
    Ljungstroem
    ✭✭✭
    I see your point. I will mess around with some suggestions and then respec in the near future. Where can I do this if I want to purchase the respec with gold?

It is just that I find light armor really weak and I can easily be killed with it, but its worth a try I guess. However my level 42 blacksmithing might have been a waste then!
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can respec all your skill points or only your morphs at a shrine to stendarr. You can find one in every alliance main city: Elden Root, Wayrest or Mournhold, depending on your faction.

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody uses the healing ultimate? I love that thing. Haha. It only costs 150 ultimate and so I can cast it almost once a minute. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.

On a side note, thanks for the info on the Resto staff heal. I didn't know it stacks. Makes way more sense now why people love it.

This thread should be renamed "Imperial Templars 201: How to Use Other Spells". Haha.
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody uses the healing ultimate? I love that thing. Haha. It only costs 150 ultimate and so I can cast it almost once a minute. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.

On a side note, thanks for the info on the Resto staff heal. I didn't know it stacks. Makes way more sense now why people love it.

This thread should be renamed "Imperial Templars 201: How to Use Other Spells". Haha.

I used the healing ultimate too, but there are better options. If you channel it, you don't block. When using healing springs, you can cast them from block. Also the nova has the higher damage reduction. So all in all if you block-cast healing springs and use a nova, you have a "better version" of the healing ultimate.

You're very welcome. I got another nice info, some may not know: healing springs actually ticks 4 times. It heals, when casted and every second for the next 3 seconds.

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
  • Ljungstroem
    Ljungstroem
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for that. On my next respec I will make sure to implement all of this good stuff!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for that. On my next respec I will make sure to implement all of this good stuff!

I keep the healing ultimate on my 2nd bar for situational times. Once you're high enough you have plenty of skill points and can afford to use them on "I use it sometimes" skills.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • HxC
    HxC
    ✭✭✭
    Easy healing set up for new player

5 x seducer set (3 traits) and 3/4 Magnus (4 traits) plus 3 ring with arcane trait
    6 Lights armor and 1 heavy armor (chest)
    1 Resto staff (precise) and 2 swords (precise)
    Mundus: Mage

Head/chest/legs: infused
    Others : Divines

Resto staff bar (defensive bar)

1. Siphon spirit ( Regen magicka for all group )
    2. healing spring (main heal)
    3. Combat prayer (Damage bonus)
    4. Channeling focus ( regen magicka and def buff)
    5. Inner Light (magicka buff)

Ultimate: Solar barrage/remembrance

Dual wielding bar
    1. structured entropy (health buff)
    2. Aedric spear (main dps skill )
    3. Breath of light (emergency heal)
    4. Repentance/ purifying ritual/ puncturing sweep (support skill )
    5. Inner light

Ultimate: Meteor/solar barrage

This set up will work fine till you get better gears.
    "You call these baubles, well, it is with baubles that men are led… Do you think that you would be able to make men fight by reasoning? Never. That is good only for the scholar in his study. The soldier needs glory, distinctions, rewards." (Napoleon Bonaparte)
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an imperial templar healer in almost heroes the top DC pve guild my setup is as follows for trials and dungeons
    gear : 5 healer ( 3 jewelry ) hat and shoes
    4 magnus( trials ) with nirnhoned trait/ 4 martial knowledge for anything besides trials
    1 destro nirnhoned 1 resto precise and 1other piece torugs pact ( heavy armor chest )

For skill setup i have a general heal bar consisting of springs combat prayer purifying ritual and BoL
    for trials destro bar always has elemental drain so dps dont take it and either mystic orb ( necrotic orb morph ) or repentance depending on what the other healer has.

For dungeons heal bar is same but usually i am at destro bar with pulsar radiant oppression crushing shock and breath of life
    ww not needed but helps. All enchants are magicka.
  • Mishkamiche
    Mishkamiche
    Soul Shriven
    Morning all,

Please could someone make me the female Seducer set, I'm level 42 and Templar, High Elf Healer.

I'm still quite new to the game and learning some of the Grafting, but it's taking time.

I would be willing to pay or find stuff you need for it to make it.

Any help would be appreciated bit time.

Edited by Mishkamiche on July 2, 2015 7:45AM
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Please could someone make me the female Seducer set, I'm level 42 and Templar, High Elf Healer.

I'm still quite new to the game and learning some of the Grafting, but it's taking time.

What server and platform are you playing? Always remember to mention that or put it in your signature :)

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
  • Mishkamiche
    Mishkamiche
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on PS4 EU, in Daggerfall, thanks for keeping me right DschiPeunt :smile:
    Edited by Mishkamiche on July 2, 2015 3:48PM
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 EU, in Daggerfall, thanks for keeping me right DschiPeunt :smile:

Since I am playing on PC I won't be able to help you, but maybe someone else can. Good luck to you!

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
  • Ljungstroem
    Ljungstroem
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Good luck mate, im on Xbox EU EB, I would have loved to help you though..