The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Where to find rare racial motifs?

bobojswift
I found 1 rare racial motif (dwemer axe). Was wondering if you guys have found a good place to farm any of the other racial motif's
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer Ruins are the only place to find Dwarven Chapters.

As for the other Purple Motifs, they drop in Silver and Gold zones only.

Imperial drops anywhere but is super rare.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bobojswift
    THANKS MAN!
  • Star_Wanderer
    Nestor wrote: »
    Is there any level restrictions or zone restrictions on where one might find Dwemer recipes? or are the recipes just rare finds in any Dwemer dungeon?
  • joshuap1992
    joshuap1992
    Soul Shriven
    Rob all the banks
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Is there any level restrictions or zone restrictions on where one might find Dwemer recipes? or are the recipes just rare finds in any Dwemer dungeon?

Any Dwemer Dungeon, but you will likely have to visit multiples to get just one. If I recall correctly there may also be a timer on how many you can aquire within a 24 hour period (?)
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • ReXu_Recon
    I've been attempting to farm for Barbaric and is it primal or ancient elf? 12 hours relogging and stealing nothing yet will let you know if I find anything.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any Dwemer Dungeon, but you will likely have to visit multiples to get just one. If I recall correctly there may also be a timer on how many you can aquire within a 24 hour period (?)

Not really. However there seems to be a timer on container respawns, even if you go to a new Ruin. I think it is something like 30 minutes, but maybe it's only 20. But I have gone to different ruins in quick succession and the containers are all but empty in the subsequent ones.

Also, once you find one chapter in the ruin, that's all your going to find. I have found chapters as soon as I walk in, or even before, and that's it for the Ruin.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kahnvik
    Kahnvik
    I read on another thread that the timer was confirmed at 1Hour?
  • Nick_Nitr0
    I having been leveling up my 2nd character and have been finding rare motifs mostly in small urns or nightstand in random farms of castles. Good Luck