Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Can someone explain the moon cycles?

cdadams1994b14_ESO
cdadams1994b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
So I am very curious about becoming a werewolf or vampire and I know the moon has be a certain way for each, like blood moon and new moon I think? I really don't know anything about this and I've asked in game with no luck. So when can I expect each of these to occur? Once a day, once a week? Is it planned, like every day at 7 or every monday? I really want to be a werewolf on my current guy and I ventured into the rift, but was told I couldn't do it yet. Thanks.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New Moon = Vampires

Full Moon = Werewolves.

The Moons are on a cycle. A full cycle is 8 Real Life days. You have about 1.5 Real Life days to find yourself bitten once a New Moon/Full Moon starts. After that you will have to wait another 8 days before getting another opportunity.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Hilandra
    Hilandra
    ✭✭
    New Moon = Vampires

Full Moon = Werewolves.

The Moons are on a cycle. A full cycle is 8 Real Life days. You have about 1.5 Real Life days to find yourself bitten once a New Moon/Full Moon starts. After that you will have to wait another 8 days before getting another opportunity.

+1 this.
  • cdadams1994b14_ESO
    cdadams1994b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Alright, thank you. So how will I know when it really is a full moon and not just almost full? Or is it completely obvious?
  • cymatt
    cymatt
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance to get a addon for Moon Cycles?
  • JasonConstantine
    JasonConstantine
    ✭✭✭
    The Moon Cycles are based on the tides. You can see the tides at the Riften Docks. The height of the water on the steps leading into the water will determine what moon cycle is next. If its 1 step high then its Blood Moon, All the way to the top and its Full Moon. You can check every day as soon as daylight hits.

This has been confirmed by multiple people who are already wolves and vamps. Its the easiest way to tell whats coming next. Also we have found Vamps and Weres can spawn inside Riften. We have had 2 people bitten out near the docks as well.

Good luck and happy hunting.
  • Scippius
    Scippius
    The Moon Cycles are based on the tides. You can see the tides at the Riften Docks. The height of the water on the steps leading into the water will determine what moon cycle is next. If its 1 step high then its Blood Moon, All the way to the top and its Full Moon. You can check every day as soon as daylight hits.

This is true, I actually saw a bunch of people on riften docks today.

• Zuun
    Zuun

This has been confirmed by multiple people who are already wolves and vamps. Its the easiest way to tell whats coming next. Also we have found Vamps and Weres can spawn inside Riften. We have had 2 people bitten out near the docks as well.

Good luck and happy hunting.

My guild and I can confirm this. Proof: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-werewolf-eso/
  • cdadams1994b14_ESO
    cdadams1994b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys!
  • knifeintheribs
    Can a player please turn me into a werewolf? I will join their guild, give them whatever gold I have, etc. Please.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its 1 step high then its Blood Moon, All the way to the top and its Full Moon.
    Someone at ZOS must have been sleeping during their science classes.
    dry.gif
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Knifeintheribs just wait till the full moon. Probably today or tomorrow I think. Don't give anybody money.
  • Asheetz_Mdrawz
    Dont bother... People will kill the werewolves and vampires before you can be infected. Such an awesome community.
  • Stevieeeboppp
    Stevieeeboppp
    Soul Shriven
    The last crescent of the moon was 16 hours ago. Come back now expecting to find a new moon and it is on the first moon crescent. Yet the last full moon lasted ages! It's just random and frustrating!
  • Dthugg
    Dthugg
    Soul Shriven
    New Moon = Vampires

Full Moon = Werewolves.

Wooooooooooooooooooooot....pulls out a chair **Let the waiting begin**
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, thank you. So how will I know when it really is a full moon and not just almost full? Or is it completely obvious?
    Deleted 'cause I just realized that some noob necro'd a year old thread and the person I was making fun of posted over a year ago. :D
    Edited by LrdRahvin on June 29, 2015 8:20PM