Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO should allow for cross faction PVE/Dungeons?

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Xender wrote: »
    Do you think ESO should offer cross faction dungeon access? It shouldn't have impact on pvp so I don't see any obstacles.

Zenimax if you wish you can sell it as DLC I will pay for it :P

No. Infact I cant stand the fact that theres cross Faction Guilds. At first it sounded good but when you start to think about going into Cyrodiil to fight for your faction it kind of becomes senseless when you realize another Guildie could be on the other side. It loses that immersion.

The Tamriel is at war. And it doesnt matter if youre delve and dungeon diving or toeing the line in Cyrodiil. Simple as that. Faction to faction youre at war.

Prime example for the argument 'separation of pve and pvp'.

Thats your opinion.

PvE is set in the same time-period as the War that is PvP. Or did you forget that you fight each factions NPCs as you go from Region to Region? PvE and PvP are tightly tied together.

If you dont like PvP thats fine. But Ive seen this sort of arguement from PvEers in other games where they didnt like PvP and argued 'the war doesnt make sense! i want to play with someone from another faction just becuzzzz'. The game is set during a war. To fight a guy in PvP one day and team up with him for a Dungeon the next is immersion breaking on more then one level.

You have more then enough players playing on your Factions side to tap for these Dungeons.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on June 1, 2015 12:42AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Do you think ESO should offer cross faction dungeon access? It shouldn't have impact on pvp so I don't see any obstacles.

No. Infact I cant stand the fact that theres cross Faction Guilds. At first it sounded good but when you start to think about going into Cyrodiil to fight for your faction it kind of becomes senseless when you realize another Guildie could be on the other side. It loses that immersion.

The Tamriel is at war. And it doesnt matter if youre delve and dungeon diving or toeing the line in Cyrodiil. Simple as that. Faction to faction youre at war.

Thats your opinion.

PvE is set in the same time-period as the War that is PvP. Or did you forget that you fight each factions NPCs as you go from Region to Region? PvE and PvP are tightly tied together.

If you dont like PvP thats fine. But Ive seen this sort of arguement from PvEers in other games where they didnt like PvP and argued 'the war doesnt make sense! i want to play with someone from another faction just becuzzzz'. The game is set during a war. To fight a guy in PvP one day and team up with him for a Dungeon the next is immersion breaking on more then one level.

You have more then enough players playing on your Factions side to tap for these Dungeons.
    And that's your opinion.

The other faction's npcs are more often than not splinter groups and rougue elements.

In this game there are multiple premises where inter-faction relations of this sort are more than lore friendly. The squabiling of 'petty warlords' (look up interregnum) has no bearing on the rest of the world. For the record, I do like PvP. And fighting a guy and than fighting with him has no immersion breaking effect for me ' the enemy of my enemy is my friend.' Besides, the faction generals do little more than send you in a general direction and leave you be. It's not like we have actual npc armies facing off, just keep guards.

And the 'immersion' argument is getting worn.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Thats your opinion.

Well if that is the way the devs wanted it then Fighters, Mages, Undaunted should all each be "factional" and the storyline should not have all 3 factions plus Fighters and Mages coming together to fight Molag Bal.

There will never be a PVE and PVP game that PVE players come to and not want to explore it all equally. If they were after a game where players only cared about the stupid war then they should have made an open world PVP game, but they didnt....because it doesnt sell as well.

If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Faction to faction you're at war.....in Cyrodiil. In Neutral Zones the lore states that factions are working together under the banners of the neutral Guilds. Alliance military command has no control over how members of their alliance operate outside of the warzone.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    What's the point of having cross faction guilds anyway if you can't team up for anything with a player from another alliance?
  • Xender
    Xender
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I think not allowing to play cross faction with other Mages/Fighter guild members is lore breaker...
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Thats your opinion.

And that's your opinion.

The other faction's npcs are more often than not splinter groups and rougue elements.

In this game there are multiple premises where inter-faction relations of this sort are more than lore friendly. The squabiling of 'petty warlords' (look up interregnum) has no bearing on the rest of the world. For the record, I do like PvP. And fighting a guy and than fighting with him has no immersion breaking effect for me ' the enemy of my enemy is my friend.' Besides, the faction generals do little more than send you in a general direction and leave you be. It's not like we have actual npc armies facing off, just keep guards.

And the 'immersion' argument is getting worn.

So youre claiming the DC Invasion of Stonefalls and the AD infiltration of Shadowfen, and vise versa for similar AD/DC storylines, are 'rogue' agents of their respective factions? That these are elements working outside of their respective governments while at the same time acting in a manner that directly supports their respective governments interests?

I really think maybe you should pay a little more attention to the PvE storyline.

I dont need to look up the interregnum. Im well aware of it and I would argue that the EP/AD/DC are far from 'petty warlords' or even small kingdoms as they each cover vast areas across their allied lands. Any squabbling going on currently in the setting is easily overcome by the current factions. 'Petty Warlords' are swept to the wayside.

And I could careless if youre growing tired of hearing the immersion argument. The game has a setting and needs to stay consistent if it means to tell a story.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    More people to play with.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    agreed, but they need to made a new neutral area rather than implement it on the existent dungeon/area, it could break lore/immersive indeed
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    agreed, but they need to made a new neutral area rather than implement it on the existent dungeon/area, it could break lore/immersive indeed

Craglorn should been that in my opinion.
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    this so needs adding
    Meh!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It wouldn't break lore or immersion if Craglorn and Coldharbour were cross-faction.
    So youre claiming the DC Invasion of Stonefalls and the AD infiltration of Shadowfen, and vise versa for similar AD/DC storylines, are 'rogue' agents of their respective factions? That these are elements working outside of their respective governments while at the same time acting in a manner that directly supports their respective governments interests?
    Whether Shunravi is claiming that or not, I will. From what I remember, General Serien is supposedly in disgrace with Covenant command, and Ruuvitar's methods are well-known for being unorthodox amongst Dominion troops.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Why does this thread show up as being locked on the recent threads page? @ZOS_AlanG ?
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    Why does this thread show up as being locked on the recent threads page? @ZOS_AlanG ?

Because it was moved from "General Discussion" to "Adventure Zones & Group Dungeons"
  • Xender
    Xender
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It is moved to Adventure Zones & Group Dungeons where also fit well :)
  • RavishedPsyche
    Yes
    PvP should be where your faction matters. PvE shouldn't matter due to the size of the end game player pool. As a GM of a raid guild, it is difficult to find groups at times due to lack of people. Many quit after 1.6 or went to exclusive PvP. There are not as many end game PvEers anymore to be sure. While this was always the case, now the shortage is seeing an extreme level.

Speaking toward breaking immersion. What sense does it make to automatically know who is in what faction, if you have people of all races in each? On the battlefield you would by perhaps armor of some kind or in a games case the color of their name or aura. In the PvE world it breaks immersion for me to have factions. Unless you have open world PvP, OR EVERYONE has some kind of symbol branded into their character's forehead that is forbidden to be covered, stating their faction.

If we want to go by lore, we wouldn't have so many of each race in each faction. Its a broken system, so you have to work with it. To not be totally out of immersion it would only make sense that people need not be associated with a faction unless they choose to join the fight. For RPers they always can RP by racial standards from the lore, and by character development implement which faction they belong to, and if/when people know of which faction they belong.

Allowing people to cross faction in PvE would allow more people to interact, and infuse the game with more activity. This is needed while the transition of new players gets higher in level and into end game PvE, to supplement the loss of those who went PvP and left. From a marketing standpoint, this would be a wonderful move for ZOS. It would show they think of their players, as well as allow for later paid faction changes to be more seemless, thereby making money for themselves. Not to mention without this PvE restraint those who have friends on other factions will be more likely to stay with the game if they can play with their friends without having to reroll another toon.

I deeply hope this is considered.
    ~GM of Deviance ---- NA---- Aldmeri Dominion~
    ~v14 Sorc~ Aurora De'Viant (Former Empress) (Boethiah's Scythe)~
    ~v14 DK~ Adrasteia De'Viant (Boethiah's Scythe)~
    ~ V14 Templar~ Ava M De'Viant~
    ~ Work in Progress Nightblade~ Scarlet De'Viant~
    ~All trials cleared. Sanctum Ophidia (Second World), AA (normal and hard), Hel'ra (normal and hard)~
    To learn about Deviance and apply go to: http://deviance.guildlaunch.com/
    To watch our Raids etc: http://twitch.tv/sedissbro
  • Xender
    Xender
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I hope it will be another gameplay update after 1.6 changes.
  • Xender
    Xender
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Totaly overhelmed by amount of console treads - need bump. :)

Console players share your opinion about cross faction play! :)
  • Milktray
    Milktray
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Guilds are cross-faction as they are account based

If you bothered to even check out the game a little before purchasing it, you would have noticed it is faction based and if a friend joined, tell them to roll faction you chose and play together.

If you didn't read up on the game before purchase, well who's fault is that?
    ZoS please understand everyone thinks and pronounces things differently, so please add to your 'rules' that things get removed if the Mod doesn't actually quite understand phrasing
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    Does it break immersion every time Deadra attack the city and the guards cower in a corner helpless, when not 2 minutes earlier they curb-stomped someone for accidentally stealing an item laying in front of a vendor that moves around?

for me that enhances immersion because an unfortunate minority in security/law enforcement (and I do think it is a miniority) are bullies, and bullies are often cowards.

I've also heard a few folks comment that they are in X faction 'because they fell from the sky'.

I'm not. At least my characters in AD are not. They met the queen, they saw her loyalty, in some cases they shared her pain at some horrible revelations. In those instances I'm a queensman (if that's the right word).

In EP I've gotten to Windhelm and started questing - and haven't yet met the king. Poor faction design. No loyalty (yet?). Although I will say that some of the argonians I've met during these adventures have been some of the most truly lovely souls I could have imagined. So perhaps in this alliance my loyalty is much more to the people (or some of them) rather than to a leader.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Winchester1306
    Winchester1306
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    For me it is a resounding yes, because TESOTU goes by the saying "Play the way you want".

Well, I want to play as an Altmer Sorcerer from the Aldmeri Dominion who is proud of her heritage and roots. The guild I am in on WoW have decided given TESO a chance but they started out on Aldmeri Dominion but one guy convinced everyone to switch to Daggerfall Covenant. Now, I have been playing since Early Access, I am not about to delete and re-roll my toon just because they started playing a week or two ago and like DC. But, what I do want is to be able to team up with them since we are in the same guild, and to be able to do group runs and content together as well as RP together.

That is the thing about TES series - you can do or be anything you want to be, so to restrict this kind of interaction does not make sense in the broader spectrum of what TES stands for.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah I think the dev team (or maybe just the head of it) should have been someone immersed in and beloved of ES and all it's lore.

I also think that there should be specific guilds/quests/options to do cross-faction adventures. Maybe requiring special grouping or writs .... heck what are the undaunted things called ... pledges.

Maybe something related to the fighters guild bounty thingies in Cyrodiil? I'm barely into vet content, so maybe someone else could speak to that.

How about if any group of up to X players meets up physically in Cyrodiil and there was some special "share/group" quest button/option.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nuale
    Nuale
    Yes
    Milktray wrote: »
    Guilds are cross-faction as they are account based

If you bothered to even check out the game a little before purchasing it, you would have noticed it is faction based and if a friend joined, tell them to roll faction you chose and play together.

If you didn't read up on the game before purchase, well who's fault is that?

However, some times you make new friends, move , etc., and find they are on a different alliance. I have a VR14 with nearly maxed crafting on everything except herbalism. Puts you in a situation where you basically have to decide who has less friends and who has put less time into their toon for this decision. It can be tough! Getting the characters to max level in this game is a feat by itself (Granted it is easier than it once was)! I still cringe at the thought of starting all over again and playing through all three alliances again... Leaving my VR14 and a VR 10 behind just makes my brain hurt and I just don't have the time.
    Edited by Nuale on June 27, 2015 7:51AM
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Earelith wrote: »
    I rather wait longer until I find a group than team up with the enemy :) It would break immersion for sure. Not worth it in my opinion.

Break immersion? And I assume traveling to banished cells when I'm in ebonheart pact doesn't break immersion at all....
  • AtomicSpatula
    Yes
    OnThaLoose wrote: »
    Earelith wrote: »
    I rather wait longer until I find a group than team up with the enemy :) It would break immersion for sure. Not worth it in my opinion.

Break immersion? And I assume traveling to banished cells when I'm in ebonheart pact doesn't break immersion at all....
    Yeah, I thought it was odd that you could do dungeons that were appearing in other factions than your own. I would say exclusively for dungeon grouping at Veteran levels would be reasonable. That way it would...
    1. Fit in with the premise of the Veteran rank storyline. This is specifically referring to the Cadwell's Silver and Gold quests, which were referenced earlier, but to repeat what others have stated, allow sound immersion into other alliance territory by other means and does not break any RPing or lore, theoretically. Also take into account that dungeons are not often alliance specific in terms of the enemies you face. I mean that, you will generally face off against groups that are technically neutral and not affiliated with a particular alliance, at least not directly.
    2. Allow players to actually find people they can work with and trust for group dungeons. Specifically, among my group of friends, we share drops frequently and freely with one another every time we go through dungeons. Allowing my group of friends to do this despite alliance affiliation would benefit us as players.
    3. It fit in perfectly with what is currently available. The only change that would have to be made is that players from other alliances would be able to group and meet within the dungeons themselves. That could mean that access outside of the dungeons to other alliance areas could still be prohibited, it would be only inside the dungeons that grouping up and meeting from other alliances would be possible.
    Overall, with these three points in mind, I think grouping for Veteran Rank dungeons only on a cross alliance scale would make sense and be beneficial for everyone.

[/quote]

Thats your opinion.

You have more then enough players playing on your Factions side to tap for these Dungeons. [/quote]

But you are forgetting another thing, how the whole teaming up for dungeons would actually create a more interesting scenario RP wise. Think about it, forcing yourself to team up with your mortal enemy to take on a greater enemy. What happened to the saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."?
    Edited by AtomicSpatula on July 2, 2015 4:34PM
    PSN Username: AtomicSpatula

Veteran Rank 1 Argonian Nightblade Healer: Sight-of-Amber
    "Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world"
    -Siddhartha Gautama
  • Auviance569
    Yes
    Won't really change the fact that players will leave after wiping once, or leave instantly when finding a group. Voted yes nontheless, cause the current queue system (besides for the daily dungeon quests) is horrible.
  • Squishs
    Squishs
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes because lore wise, not everyone is a soldier fighting for their given faction, not everyone agrees with the actions the three factions are taking.

Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Undaunted, all organisations not fighting over Cyrodiil.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I believe the undaunted dailies could easily be cross faction. I've said this before, but I think both Craglorn and Coldharbour should be cross faction.
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    /lurk
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Clearly this should be supported as an option in the new and improved LFG tool that i really hope ZoS is working very hard on. As long as it's optional, who can complain.

Main story supports cooperation between alliances so it's not lore-breaking.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!