Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why am I hunted down relentlessly in certain cities?

SirGreenDay
I'm a L14 High Elf in Aldmeri Dominion.

I'm trying to complete a quest, and when I get into the area, I'm literally attacked by 5-10 soldiers, and I die every time.

I can take out 3-4 of them, but then more just appear and murder me.

And these guys are the same level as me.

I have no bounty etc, so that's not it.

Is this part of the story?

I can't complete this quest, because I can't stay alive long enough to do so.
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    Stating the area and quest might help.
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    Second idea, is it one of the quests that require you to wear a disguise?
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no low level area that has 5 to 10 mobs attacking you on sight all at the same time. In low level areas they only come in groups of 1-3, and they are easy enough to kill once you learn the combat mechanics and use your abilities. Don't run in and attract everyone's attention. Move slowly, take down one group at a time instead of trying to fight them all in one go, and you'll be just fine.

Edit: If you happen to be in Firsthold and the enemies you are trying to fight are Daedra, you have entered the area without starting the quest for it. In that case you will fight a never-ending stream of spawns. The hordes are still not unmanageable, but they respawn rather quickly and they never stop coming. Pick up the main quest line to take you through the Auridon story, and your quest in Skywatch will be less frustrating.
    Edited by stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO on June 14, 2015 4:16PM
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked it up on the internet, at level 14 it could be North Beacon which is taken over by the Covenant. There shouldn't be more than 3 enemies in groups that are attacking you, so don't run through and draw all the others ;)

But how you describe it, it sounds like a bug which I had with my main (same area, but as Cadwell's Gold) when I was doing the quest in Firsthold and the Dremoras kept spawning faster than I could loot them. If this is the case on the quest you're doing (whereever you are on the map), I'd send a bug report and come back later to complete the quest.

(Edit: typos)
    Edited by Moonshadow66 on June 14, 2015 4:31PM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What location is this? Tell us where you are and maybe we can help further.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half of Auridon seems to be in enemy hands at the start. Way to go, Auridon marines! Pride of the dominion! (Facepaw)

I forget which one, but I ran into one of the towns in the north because it looked peaceful and no troops were massed at the entrance bridge. O hai Covenant soldier. I can take you despite being two levels higher than me. Oh, you brought a friend. Well, I can still... Oh, you have two friend- three- four? Oops, derp.

Yeah, I enter any new town or village in sneak mode now.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    looking at the OP's posting history, it seems he has done it anyways and moved along, so lets do the same.

(also looking at the OP's posting history, he asks for a lot of help and seems to make his/her problems bigger then they really are. maybe the could "Don't Panic" credo is appropiate here. it is a game and it isn't supposed to be easy. We all had times we suffered defeat and had to start over from the wayshrine. That is no reason to panic.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU