The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Terrible server lag whilst in populated areas

Nine-Eight-Nine
In towns or villages, in fact anywhere where there are more than a few other players the game stutters, locks up for a second, lags.... My internet connection is good, 100+mbps down, 12mbps up. Just wondering if this is a known issue and whether it'll be look into?
  • LorenzoButtigieg
    LorenzoButtigieg
    ✭✭✭
    In towns or villages, in fact anywhere where there are more than a few other players the game stutters, locks up for a second, lags.... My internet connection is good, 100+mbps down, 12mbps up. Just wondering if this is a known issue and whether it'll be look into?

The pauses and stater is due to hardware limitations, the rubber bending effect is due to server being over populated. To be honest PS4 and XB1 are not meant to play MMO's if you want a good experience.
    Wait till people start pvping with 100+ on screen the game will be unplayable, and the only fix for that is to upgrade to a PS5 :P
  • Nine-Eight-Nine
    Sorry, but what an idiot. Maybe we should ask the hundreds of thousands of ffxiv arr players if it's the hardware. It's the servers, simple as.
  • LorenzoButtigieg
    LorenzoButtigieg
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but what an idiot. Maybe we should ask the hundreds of thousands of ffxiv arr players if it's the hardware. It's the servers, simple as.

Before calling some one idiot check the difference btw the two games, FF14 have very smaller zones witch need less cpu power ESO have very large zones and need more CPU power.
    I have bought games on PC and on PS4 when playing on a low end PC ESO straggle in towns, when i use a high end PC ESO run at a stable 60 fps even in busy towns, so no it's not the servers
  • Nine-Eight-Nine
    If you say so mate. You clearly don't have a clue.

Anyway, for the dev's. I just tried playing on the NA server and the problem was nowhere near as bad (latency issues aside) as it is when I play on the EU server. ( I live in the UK) Also it only seems to be really bad inside the cities (starting areas) Once outside it seems to be fine even with quite a few other players about.
    Edited by Nine-Eight-Nine on June 11, 2015 7:39PM
  • Nine-Eight-Nine
    This is still happening. Any news?