Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NPCs not showing up

BearDawg
BearDawg
Soul Shriven
Started having this issue about an hour ago, all of the npcs for quests are invisible and I'm unable to speak to them. Tried logging out and logging back in. Have shut my ps4 off completely and that hasn't helped either. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    Not really a good one but try just standing there for abet and see if they pop up
    Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally caused by lag not allowing an NPC skin to load but sometimes because the information for relocating the quest NPC has not been triggered.

Occurred in PC version too, which I found was resolved by (a messy process but it worked) moving away from the zone (far enough so that the area is no longer in visible range) logging out and logging back in, then going back to the area where you expect the NPC to be. I found that simply waiting, or relogging without the moving away first did not seem to work. Haven't played long enough to experience this on PS4 to test if it works the same on console as PC but worth trying.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• BearDawg
    BearDawg
    Soul Shriven
    It was multiple npcs in multiple cities, I logged off, restarted my ps4 (3 times over the course of an hour) and they finally reappeared
  • Junoo
    Junoo
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem, almost all of my quest lines are stopped because the NPC I need to talk to (and sometimes kill) does not show up/ is invisible. Their name shows up where the quest marker says they should be and it gives me the option to talk, but the conversation doesn't happen if you press the button.
  • KiloFox
    KiloFox
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue. Can't complete several quests because of this.

Are other players showing up as silhouettes for you guys, as well?
  • Nine-Eight-Nine
    I got this a few times. I know it's a bit of a pain but a workaround for now, like Beardawg said, is to log out, close application and restart.
    Edited by Nine-Eight-Nine on June 17, 2015 12:20PM