The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Help with Character Deletion

skid_v
skid_v
Soul Shriven
SO FAR... I've gotten one deletion every 24 hours which is standard from what I'm reading. ( 3 starting deletions used )
HOWEVER......
after my 24 hour waiting period was up today I went for another delete and was unable. NOW it's been 10 hours and I still cannot delete a character.
I like tweaking my characters in MMO's and if it doesn't look right ingame.. I'll make another. I need to spend countless hours, days, years, looking at this avatar, so I want something I like.

I'm very frustrated I am unable to delete a character after 34 hours of waiting.
Please address this issue and resolve it.

Thank you.
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime you delete, the clock is reset. It is always 24 hours from your last delete. Never delete another character until after you have had a delete free up.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using all 8 slots? This was you at least have 8 goes at it. If you REALLY concerned about name.. Well.. Sorry.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ZephyrWestwind
    ZephyrWestwind
    ✭✭✭
    After rereading my post, I could have added some explanation.

An example, if you delete a character and then 10 hours later delete another, the clock is reset, if you delete the 3rd in 10 more hours, another reset, it will be 44 hours from that first delete before you get another delete. HTH
  • skid_v
    skid_v
    Soul Shriven
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Are you using all 8 slots? This was you at least have 8 goes at it. If you REALLY concerned about name.. Well.. Sorry.

well, I don't really know what that means, but thanks for trying to clear it up.. I guess.

I have 8 slots filled. I deleted a character and "reset the timer".
    after 24 hours I did not get another deletion. I FINALLY got the deletion after waiting 36 hours. I'm not sure if its a bug, but if it is... it needs fixing.

thank you

PS: a name is the least of my concerns.

• skid_v
    skid_v
    Soul Shriven
    After rereading my post, I could have added some explanation.

An example, if you delete a character and then 10 hours later delete another, the clock is reset, if you delete the 3rd in 10 more hours, another reset, it will be 44 hours from that first delete before you get another delete. HTH

thanks for the info.

i'm just trying to figure things out.

I had 8 characters and I deleted one. I didn't log in again until the next day. Roughly 24 hours later. I did NOT have the deletion I was supposed to have after the 24 cool down time. I did not perform any activity at all until the next day when I went back in.
    In total I ended up waiting 36 hours for a deletion that ( to my best understanding) I was supposed to get after 24 hour cooldown timer.

thanks again... I'll get it all worked out :)