The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 character transfer

ckbraswellb14_ESO
ckbraswellb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
Ok i jut bought the PS$ version and linked my account. how do i transfer my PC characters? Do i need to pay the monthy fee to get my PC characters over to my PS4? I thought the deadline was june 30.
  • redskins08ub17_ESO
    Ok i jut bought the PS$ version and linked my account. how do i transfer my PC characters? Do i need to pay the monthy fee to get my PC characters over to my PS4? I thought the deadline was june 30.

The deadline was 30 days after they sent out the email back in April. I made the same mistake, so no character transfer for me either.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Console with account copy was available to eligible accounts between April 9, 2015 and May 9, 2015 in The Elder Scrolls Online PC/Mac Store."

"This special offer to pre-purchase a digital copy of an Xbox One and/or PlayStation 4 version of the game will only be available on the store for 30 (thirty) days,"

"After the 30-day period, you will no longer be able to purchase this special digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for console or copy your PC/Mac account to console in any other way."
    Edited by OzJohnD on June 11, 2015 3:19AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    Ya I (aslwell as many others) were under the impression that only the special digital copy was available for thirty days and that I would always be able to transfer my characters.

I was gone for a couple months with the military, I didn't even get a chance to reply to the email because by the time I got it, it was too late.

I contacted customer support but I got the classic "there's nothing we can do about it but post it on the forums and hope you get enough people upset about it to get the devs attention" answer.

You know they had no problem transferring my characters countless times to the PTS when it came to testing their game for them.

At this time I would pay extra to have my character transferred. I don't even care about the money it's the incredible amount of time and work I put into them (all veteran rank and some with emp titles and high alliance war rank with countless trial completions).

I bought a PS4 to play with all my friends, that I either know in real life or who also transferred to ps4.

I already posted about this before with zero response from anyone. I hate the fact that it requires popular demand for me to continue enjoying this game and I'm starting to become extremely frustrated with it all
  • Sirus
    Sirus
    No offense but why transfer your character. It should not have been an option and everyone should start over. Alot of people will disagree but it's kindve cheating to just start out that strong because you can just walk your friends through everything and let them get a bunch of loot and xp.
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    There has been really powerful characters in the PC for awhile and they never had a problem with that. And there will be plenty of VR14's shortly if not already. There is allot of things like titles I would like to keep that don't give me any advantages and took weeks maybe even months to get.

Not to mention there is already allot of power far character transfers in the game since the beginning of launch so what does a few more a month later matter?

I'm not arguing wether zos should have allowed the transfer in the first place or not. I just want to join all my friends who transferred while I was away.

If there was no transfer then this wouldn't even be a problem but now I can't join them in end game content until I grind out a new character lvl 1 to vr14 and I really, really don't want to do that.

It's too late they already allowed the transfer, I'm just asking for a second chance for those of us who missed the first time
    Edited by KingShocker on June 12, 2015 9:24PM
  • JRKlingensmithb14_ESO
    JRKlingensmithb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in the same boat, had no idea about the character transfer when it was going on and completely missed it. I actually just now came to the site to see if it was a service I could purchase and am pretty shocked that they made it a limited time thing. I would think there's a lot of money to be made from this, but then again I won't pretend to know the cost on their end of actually transferring the data.
  • Madram
    Madram
    Soul Shriven
    I would rather NOT start over, too much work as much as I love starting over for new story or whatever, I like to keep my things thank you very much. This deadline for transferring characters shouldn't have been a thing. Only 30 days? really? We all have stuff to do then wait around. Some gamers do have lives to live if we want money for this game. I'd gladly pay the full price for the game on PS4 if I can transfer my character. It's probable back breaking to transfer all that data yea but they could have given some people more time to do what they needed to do.
  • cQu3nce
    cQu3nce
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. I have a V10 on the PC version. I can't transfer because it was a limited time. I am really hoping they give us a transfer option. I am willing to purchase it if the option is available again.

I purchased the game yesterday and found out 2 hours later that I could not transfer my characters. Deeply saddened by that outcome specially when I just spent $59.99. I questioned the point of linking your PS4 account to the ESO website if I can't transfer my characters along with it's assets.

Im sure they will make this available soon for transfer. Just have to pay $$$ amount...tsk.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sirus wrote: »
    No offense but why transfer your character. It should not have been an option and everyone should start over. Alot of people will disagree but it's kindve cheating to just start out that strong because you can just walk your friends through everything and let them get a bunch of loot and xp.

For me it was always my intention to start ESO on a console however because it was delayed and ESO transfers were promised for console players who wanted to experience ESO early, I opted to start on PC.

Given there is no genuine kudos to getting to "end game" early its not really "cheating" and there is no serious disadvantage to other players who are genuinely starting fresh, except maybe that your own low level characters are not going to be wearing gear crafted by your own V14 maxed out on all crafting skills.

Powerlevelling, for me at least, has never been fun ... its all about experiencing the game, however wearing crafted gear from an early stage helps solo gaming survivability and therefore enjoyment.

The only place I can see potential imbalance is Cyrodil PvP
    Edited by OzJohnD on June 16, 2015 12:34AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You needed to buy the game for PC before June 30th, 2014. That made you eligible to buy a PC-to-console character copy and digital copy of console game if you paid $20 between April 9th, 2015 and May 9th, 2015. It was an offer from when they delayed the console release last year. If you bought a PC around when they delayed the console release, they would let you purchase a copy to console before the console release so you could jump from PC to console and be good to go on Day 1 of console play.