Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need a way to mute players ASAP

panterrokatt
panterrokatt
Soul Shriven
There needs to be a way to mute a player in voice chat. I had to listen to some guys parrots squeeling for 20 min yesterday as me and some friends were trying to craft items and the people who have music blaring in the background need to go jump off a cliff. This needs a fix ASAP before some tard decides to make every one listen to him masterbating in the middle of town.
  • LegendarySyn
    I had to yell at a guy to mute his fraking mic today, more than once. I got so sick of listening to his bratty spawn shriek and have a fit on and off for I don't even know how long. It isn't like he could hear the game, or anyone talking, over it...why not just mute yourself?!? Ugh.
  • twhiting9275
    Just turn the voice chat off. It's pretty useless unfortunately, doesn't matter what game you're playing
  • K405NK0NFU510N
    Completely Agree, I love the Proximity Chat and being able to talk to people, but some people just need to learn that we hear that stuff too, and it gets really Obnoxious.
  • TMGnrocinu64
    There needs to be a way to mute a player in voice chat. I had to listen to some guys parrots squeeling for 20 min yesterday as me and some friends were trying to craft items and the people who have music blaring in the background need to go jump off a cliff. This needs a fix ASAP before some tard decides to make every one listen to him masterbating in the middle of town.

Go into options > scroll to the bottom > player chat volume dial > solved
  • NWO_Krieg
    NWO_Krieg
    Skip to group chat in options, or open a party
  • panterrokatt
    panterrokatt
    Soul Shriven
    the voice chat is awesome its just the people that don't have any courtesy for others that is the problem So no turning the volume down does not solve anything and turning it off is well just dumb. I am into the RP elements of the game and the chat system is the best thing ever for RP..... If we could just mute the Tards
  • graveytrain
    This is going to be vague and probably not helpful but there might be a way. I was playing in the voice chat menu and there was a way to pull up the active people in your zone. You can then highlight them so you can invite to group and what not. There may be a mute player option as well. Good luck.
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    Press the menu button (Inventory, etc.) go to social then probably... voice chat. Leave the area chat and then create a guild and join guild chat with your friends. There's probably a group chat as well... but I have no friends to test that theory with. :blush:
    Please Refer to my Blacksmith Manual
    Rambling Anti-Manual Manual
  • fallensbane_ESO
    fallensbane_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Text chat needs to be implemented. However I feel like you should need to optionally join voice chat everytime you log in. This way you don't get the randos with kinnect picking up crap when they don't even join by choice a voice channel.
  • Chapmaaaan
    Chapmaaaan
    ✭✭
    Just go to their Xbox/PSN profile and mute in chat
    Turmoil
    previous gamertag - DanielChapman89
  • oXb3
    oXb3
    ✭✭✭
    I love the voice chat the only thing that I have an issue with is the whole Kinect as a microphone thing...It works great if you are talking to your Xbox but as an actual way to talk to other players is highly annoying. All you hear is their television...
    Elder Scrolls is my second home.
    Xbox One/Steam: oXb3
    twitter
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can mute anyone. Go to their name in the voice chat, and select their gamer card, then mute.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501