Maintenance for the week of May 30:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 30

Experience Point Boosters

  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Question is what are the mats for Psijic Ambrosia?

    I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be much easier to fork over the money for the Crown Store version than to craft them yourself, unlike all of the other Crown Store potions.

    I hope ZOS proves me wrong, but... I'm not exactly hopeful, especially considering that these potions are now basically going to be mandatory for anyone above lv50.

    It's going to depend on how many people buy then from the crown store. If the mats are too common, sales will not be at the level expected. If the mats are too rare.. well... that just opens up another big can-of-worms.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Question is what are the mats for Psijic Ambrosia?

    I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be much easier to fork over the money for the Crown Store version than to craft them yourself, unlike all of the other Crown Store potions.

    I hope ZOS proves me wrong, but... I'm not exactly hopeful, especially considering that these potions are now basically going to be mandatory for anyone above lv50.

    I think we should just be happy there is an in-game version we can craft.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to dataminers it will use both the purple mats plus a new one called Perfect Roe, which may or may not be acquired through fishing.

    Presumably the recipe won't be too easy to get as it is in seven purple parts.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on June 11, 2015 6:25PM
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is the road ZOS wants to head down, I might finally have a reason to dust off my provisioning alt that has been collecting dust. Recently it has been more cost effective to just buy food and drink form guild stores than to craft it.

    Starting next week, while I don't know if I have the mentality to keep up with the potion using CP grinders, I may be more than inclined to try my hand at farming the Psijic Ambrosia mats to make me a nice gold stash off those who wish to grind!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Question is what are the mats for Psijic Ambrosia?

    I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be much easier to fork over the money for the Crown Store version than to craft them yourself, unlike all of the other Crown Store potions.

    I hope ZOS proves me wrong, but... I'm not exactly hopeful, especially considering that these potions are now basically going to be mandatory for anyone above lv50.

    I think we should just be happy there is
    Varicite wrote: »
    Varicite wrote: »
    Question is what are the mats for Psijic Ambrosia?

    I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be much easier to fork over the money for the Crown Store version than to craft them yourself, unlike all of the other Crown Store potions.

    I hope ZOS proves me wrong, but... I'm not exactly hopeful, especially considering that these potions are now basically going to be mandatory for anyone above lv50.

    I think we should just be happy there is an in-game version we can craft.

    If the mats drop around the rate of Nirncrux stones or Dwemer frame pieces, that's not really anything to be happy about at all.

    It could be store exclusive so should be a little happy anyways.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Varicite wrote: »
    Question is what are the mats for Psijic Ambrosia?

    We'll be detailing all this in Monday's patch notes.

    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on June 11, 2015 6:29PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Question is what are the mats for Psijic Ambrosia?

    As previously stated, the mats for Psijic Ambrosia are :
    1/ the recipe - split in several parts like dwemer motifs - no info yet as to where, how and how easy / hard it will be to farm them
    2/ - Bervez juice - Not particularly rare but you have to do crafting writs to get them
    - Frost Mirriam (ditto)
    - Perfect roe - no info yet on that one

    Thanks ZOS for giving us at least something new to chew on !

    And for those who fear "p2w" or greater gap between casual/hardcore : don't. This is "only XP". If lower levels can reach VR14 quicker, that means more new people for us to raid and dungeon with. As to CP's, past the first 200 CP it really doesn't make much of a difference : benefits are minimal and we're OP for 99% of the content anyway.

  • Xabien
    Xabien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    ...and how rare are the ingredients to "Psijic Ambrosia" going to be?

    If I want to grind let's say 10 hours, will I be forced to purchase these from the Crown Store due to insanely expensive prices/rare ingredients, or will I be able to afford them via normal play?

    These are the questions that warrant answers and which very much determine whether this will be considered P2W or not.

    I do hope ZOS has carefully considered this.


    Also, why is the craftable version "weaker" (lasts less time) than the one you can purchase from Crown Store? As I recall, all consumables purchased via Crown Store were supposed to be weaker than crafted ones.

    Based on the datamined stuff from earlier in the week, we know the recipe version comes in multiple pieces (six I think it was). I assumed they'll be rare finds in the world. There was also a new ingredient of gold quality datamined in that same thread, so I'd also expect that to be rare.

    So yeah, they've made it available in game, but the duration is 75% shorter and it sounds like it won't be a common (or afforable) item. GG on balancing cash shop with in game items.
    ∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = ????

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    it's like they haven't thought 1 minute about the effect of such a potion as more the money they are going to generate.
    Like when they raised EXP in trials and they had to hotfix Hel'Ra cause there are 1 million mobs before the first boss. This feels exactly the same again. It's not thought to the end at all and only benefits people with alot of time and passion to grind. I am one of the people that got more time than others these days and cannot even come close to a point where i like these potion going on CP.
    Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • Simzani
    Simzani
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is the next step is to buy crafting materials from the crown store. What is called P2W is pay to buy time aka pay to buy the very rare elements you can drop in game, or pay to increase raw power of a character. Here we have both. Zenimax take a sad direction, but it is understandable that they don't have faith in their capacity in generating money by creating content, cause they did nothing. Frog, water, cold, boil.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for those who fear "p2w" or greater gap between casual/hardcore : don't. This is "only XP". If lower levels can reach VR14 quicker, that means more new people for us to raid and dungeon with. As to CP's, past the first 200 CP it really doesn't make much of a difference : benefits are minimal and we're OP for 99% of the content anyway.

    When the endgame activities for this game consist of leaderboard rankings for both PvE AND PvP, it's pretty laughable to say that having greater amounts of CP (and thus higher percentage increases) doesn't make much of a difference.

    At least in PvP, the leaderboard is mostly just a scoring of "time invested + how efficiently AP was farmed", but in PvE it's tied 100% to how quickly your group can clear content, which is effectively tied to how powerful your characters are.

    But it pretty much sounds exactly like what I feared anyway.

    Edited by Varicite on June 11, 2015 6:45PM
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭

    And for those who fear "p2w" or greater gap between casual/hardcore : don't. This is "only XP". If lower levels can reach VR14 quicker, that means more new people for us to raid and dungeon with. As to CP's, past the first 200 CP it really doesn't make much of a difference : benefits are minimal and we're OP for 99% of the content anyway.

    Its says in the OP's statement that the XP potions will affect both XP gain and CP gain. And yes I agree with you that once everyone hits a certain CP level, the diminishing returns will start to really kick in. The problem is that we may never hit that point if to many players are turned off by the huge difference currently in game between those with 300+ CP and the new player base coming in with 0 CP.
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • KyyuU
    KyyuU
    ✭✭✭
    I am at the moment rank 1 in every Trial on the eu megaserver and i can tell CP makes a differant and everyone who wanna play on a top level is forced to use this.
    I love this game and my guild but that point has such a bad taste i really thinking about to quit the game and i am not the only one
    Beyond Infinity EU DE
    Hel Ra / AA Harmode: Clear
    Sanctum Ophidia Clear Hardmode: Clear
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KyyuU wrote: »
    I am at the moment rank 1 in every Trial on the eu megaserver and i can tell CP makes a differant and everyone who wanna play on a top level is forced to use this.
    I love this game and my guild but that point has such a bad taste i really thinking about to quit the game and i am not the only one

    Likewise. Pay cash or fork over a huge chunk of my in-game gold on a constant basis in order to remain competitive.

    Not really looking forward to this... : /
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    ...and how rare are the ingredients to "Psijic Ambrosia" going to be?

    If I want to grind let's say 10 hours, will I be forced to purchase these from the Crown Store due to insanely expensive prices/rare ingredients, or will I be able to afford them via normal play?

    These are the questions that warrant answers and which very much determine whether this will be considered P2W or not.

    I do hope ZOS has carefully considered this.


    Also, why is the craftable version "weaker" (lasts less time) than the one you can purchase from Crown Store? As I recall, all consumables purchased via Crown Store were supposed to be weaker than crafted ones.

    Because the crafted one IS stronger, can you not read? The Experience scroll is only 2 hours. The crafted one from the perks is 4 x 50 mins = 3 hours and 20 mins. Do not try and argue, well what if we do not have the perks; guess what don't be lazy and go get them.

    And for the clowns screaming pay to win, it is not pay to win. Pay to win means you pay to win. They are offering both pay option and an in game crafting option.

    Less derping and more doing, thats the power of ESO.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are offering both pay option and an in game crafting option.

    Doesn't sound like many of the in-game crafted versions will be floating around, and those that are will be exorbitantly expensive.

    Find all 6 pieces of the recipe, then use 2 purple mats + gold mat + other mats for a single craft.

    Yeah, gonna be REAL expensive. And rare.

    ...or you can pay cash for your permanent stat boosts to your character so that you can compete for your ranking on the leaderboards, which is in fact "winning" for ESO.

    Edited by Varicite on June 11, 2015 7:15PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not be the one selling instead of the one buying?
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not be the one selling instead of the one buying?

    Heh, I have the purple tempers aplenty, but none of these mysterious new gold mats.

    I will very likely be the one crafting them for myself w/ every gold temper that I get, much like everybody else who has Provisioning leveled.

    I doubt that will even begin to cover the amount of time that I actually play, though.

    ...which probably means that I play this game way too much... <.<

    Edited by Varicite on June 11, 2015 7:20PM
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the Reddit AMA concerning the xp potions and CP balance:
    Please answer this question ZOS. We already have seen how big a difference just 400 CP makes compared to 0 or even 200 (the amount most day-to-day players have) when it comes to competitiveness in PVP and on PVE leaderboards. Having tested the PTS with 1.6 and seeing just how powerful you can be with 1000 CP (let alone 3600) you are basically telling new and casual gamers they have no hope of ever being competitive if they are not willing to drop cash (or large amounts of in-game gold) to get xp pots (or drinks) to farm CP.
    On the other side, if all you want in you game are mindless drones farming CP, at least quit dropping the nerf hammer on xp every time someone finds a good grind location.

    [–]ZOS_EricZeniMax - Lead Combat Designer 2 points an hour ago
    We are aware of balance concerns from players with more champion points. As Phil mentioned the system was designed to help keep players closer in power level with diminishing returns and enlightenment bonus XP. In the future we can implement catchup mechanics so the first 400 champion ranks require less experience, helping get new players catch up.
    In terms of XP, we're actually buffing for some areas in the next major update. Specifically public dungeons and craglorn are being increased. Additionally we're increasing the XP that veteran level quests give so there's more of a parity between gains between questers and grinders. Lastly we're reducing the amount of XP required to get a veteran rank so players can get to the max level content sooner.

    So come on elitists and grind that CP, hurry up and put all you can into hitting 3600 in a few months so that they will reduce XP needed for CP gain for everyone else and we can all max out the system in a hurry!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    They are offering both pay option and an in game crafting option.

    Doesn't sound like many of the in-game crafted versions will be floating around, and those that are will be exorbitantly expensive.

    Find all 6 pieces of the recipe, then use 2 purple mats + gold mat + other mats for a single craft.

    Yeah, gonna be REAL expensive. And rare.

    ...or you can pay cash for your permanent stat boosts to your character so that you can compete for your ranking on the leaderboards, which is in fact "winning" for ESO.

    You are assuming everything and have very little knowledge of how these are going to work. Well done. *Golf Clap*
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    From the Reddit AMA concerning the xp potions and CP balance:
    Please answer this question ZOS. We already have seen how big a difference just 400 CP makes compared to 0 or even 200 (the amount most day-to-day players have) when it comes to competitiveness in PVP and on PVE leaderboards. Having tested the PTS with 1.6 and seeing just how powerful you can be with 1000 CP (let alone 3600) you are basically telling new and casual gamers they have no hope of ever being competitive if they are not willing to drop cash (or large amounts of in-game gold) to get xp pots (or drinks) to farm CP.
    On the other side, if all you want in you game are mindless drones farming CP, at least quit dropping the nerf hammer on xp every time someone finds a good grind location.

    [–]ZOS_EricZeniMax - Lead Combat Designer 2 points an hour ago
    We are aware of balance concerns from players with more champion points. As Phil mentioned the system was designed to help keep players closer in power level with diminishing returns and enlightenment bonus XP. In the future we can implement catchup mechanics so the first 400 champion ranks require less experience, helping get new players catch up.
    In terms of XP, we're actually buffing for some areas in the next major update. Specifically public dungeons and craglorn are being increased. Additionally we're increasing the XP that veteran level quests give so there's more of a parity between gains between questers and grinders. Lastly we're reducing the amount of XP required to get a veteran rank so players can get to the max level content sooner.

    So come on elitists and grind that CP, hurry up and put all you can into hitting 3600 in a few months so that they will reduce XP needed for CP gain for everyone else and we can all max out the system in a hurry!

    Champion points help make you stronger sure, but as far as balancing goes; they need to focus on balancing skills and classes in pvp rather than worrying about things that wont happen for another year to two years. When it gets to that point they can address it, but until then, they need to fix the classes and game mechanics now.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    They are offering both pay option and an in game crafting option.

    Doesn't sound like many of the in-game crafted versions will be floating around, and those that are will be exorbitantly expensive.

    Find all 6 pieces of the recipe, then use 2 purple mats + gold mat + other mats for a single craft.

    Yeah, gonna be REAL expensive. And rare.

    ...or you can pay cash for your permanent stat boosts to your character so that you can compete for your ranking on the leaderboards, which is in fact "winning" for ESO.

    You are assuming everything and have very little knowledge of how these are going to work. Well done. *Golf Clap*

    You suddenly have more knowledge than what's been presented?

    Feel free to enlighten the rest of us, then. : )
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Experience Boosters for CP is Pay-2-Win.

    Plain and Simple.

    I called this when the B2P announcement was made and people said I was a fool for saying so. But just a short couple of months, here we are with boosters for CP available in the Crown Shop.

    And as far as the Ambrosia goes.. my bet is the ingredients are so rare that it won't really matter.

    From the first announcement they were going b2p they said eventually there would be xp boosts on the store. Since they are in the game also it is NOT pay to win because you dont have to buy them with rl money. You can craft them yourself. You dont have to pay for them. So its not pay to win.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont have to pay for them. So its not pay to win.

    This really depends mostly on the availability of the mats / recipes to do so, honestly.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    You dont have to pay for them. So its not pay to win.

    This really depends mostly on the availability of the mats / recipes to do so, honestly.

    I dont see how. If its in the game that means you can get it wihtout using the store. The definition of pay to win in mmos is something on the store that is not in the game any other way and gives you an advantage. This is in the game. It doesnt really matter how rare etc. The store is about convenience.
  • KyyuU
    KyyuU
    ✭✭✭
    There is just no point to put such a item in the game u only force people to buy/craft it or u will be left behind.
    Its moneymaking only its not a helpful item for the game we need catch up systems for new players not a Booster.
    Beyond Infinity EU DE
    Hel Ra / AA Harmode: Clear
    Sanctum Ophidia Clear Hardmode: Clear
Sign In or Register to comment.