Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Props TO ZOS!

Astrid2909
I for one would like to thanks ZOS for a great game and tell everyone there that there are some of us out here who appreciate your hard work. I see nothing but crying and negative posts here over the last 48 hours. I have been playing since pc beta and also bought the game for console. While I have yet to be able to even connect to the server I know that you all are doing your best and will get this hammered out so we can all enjoy this spectacular game on our consoles. What I will not do is submit post after post crying because I have no patience and nothing better to do with my time. Keep up the good work!
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Compliment the Devs while simultaneously ragging on the Community for leaving feedback about issues they are facing trying to connect and stay logged in to a game that they paid $60-$60+ USD for...

Interesting strategy.

It all falls under Feedback. While I understand that reading almost nothing but negative comments and threads listing out problem after problem can be frustrating, it's still all feedback that the Devs need in order to fix the most major of issues.

How do the Devs know how serious an issue is in order to list it in its proper priority? By the number of their players who are experiencing the exact same thing.

The more people who experience the same issue(s) (such as the game crashing/disconnects and the inability to log into the servers), the more serious the problem must be; ergo, that problem starts to move up in priority. That's how Feedback and the necessary fixes and prioritization work.

While I agree this is a great game, and I am having a blast playing it every night; I also cannot stop posting about the seriousness of the connection issues because it is an extremely serious issue that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, IMO.

So please try to be a bit more patient. We're only doing what the Devs need us to do (post Feedback, even if it is nothing but complaints about problems with the game) in order to make this the best game that it can be.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• thr0bbingpon3r
    I just want to plaaaayyyyyyyy!!!
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. I've had the game for all of two full days now, and all I can think about is playing it.

I'm addicted all over again... not that this is bad. But because I have (again) a fresh new addiction to ESO, I want Zenimax to double-time it on the server/connection/lag fixes so that I don't have to worry about it and I can just play.

That's all I want, really. :D

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Astrid2909
    A strategy for what? Maybe you can explain how people posting screen shots of their tv's with a middle finger extended in front of the camera or one sentence posts like "they should call it Elder Scrolls Offline" are helpful in any way. This is the crying I refer to. I've personally spent upwards of $300 on this brand when all said and done and as I stated before I'm not gonna sit here and rant on the developers in the forum. I would suggest people submit one help ticket per issue then show some patience and let them work on the problems.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Astrid2909: And posts like those should be banned and necessary punishments handed down on the people who create them. In that, you and I agree.

As far as one Help ticket per person, I wish it were as efficient as that. Some problems are more serious, and occur much more frequently than one Help ticket can contain.

For more detailed description of problems, there are sub-Forums like the one we're posting in right now. This sub-Forum was created very specifically for us to describe in detail (and as many times as we think is necessary) whatever issues/problems/bugs/glitches/lag/connection issues that we might run into in the game. Zenimax wants our complaints, and the more they hear about it; well, that's just a good/decent litmus test for how serious the problem is.

I agree with you (again); the vitriolic posts need to be restricted once a certain line is crossed, but again; if a customer is very angry with what is going on, Zenimax needs to know that as well. This specific Forum is for that also.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• vexated
    vexated
    Soul Shriven
    I disagree with you. People have a right to complain about a game they bought for 65 US dollars for it not to work. The lag and server crashes is a game breaker. You can't tell me that taking a screen shot to tell and show the devs to locate the problem, is being a baby. You can't tell me that spending $65 for a game that barely works ( but fun as hell when it does ) is okay. You certainly cant tell customers who are unsatisfied with their purchase to suck it up. While I have stayed quiet and wait for this problem to be fixed, this kind of post I can't ignore.

I do agree that Zeni did an alright job with the game, but thats not enough to justify the fact that I CAN'T PLAY THIS GREAT GAME.
  • twhiting9275
    It's amazing how fanboys just love to kiss tail end and ignore those that have issues.
    Truth be told, this launch was HORRIBLE. The ENTIRE thing could have been avoided by using proper stress testing mechanisms, by beta testing the game, instead of just throwing it out there.

You'd think that after a year and a half of complaints from PC users about the same exact stuff they would have learned their lesson on this launch. I mean, how many times can one eff up a game?
  • Turv3y
    Turv3y
    Easy to pick the kissass out of the bunch
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]

Are you dreeaming of eso ambassadeur title?
    Edited by ZOS_Ann on June 11, 2015 5:58PM
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    I would ask that we all refrain from striking out against the devs and each other and stay together as a cohesive community without dividing into three factions and waging war against each other in game...

...that was a serious request and subtle joke at the same time you see.
    Please Refer to my Blacksmith Manual
    Rambling Anti-Manual Manual
  • Blissey
    Blissey
    Soul Shriven
    This community has been a lot more civil than the gta 5 community was when rockstar servers failed.
  • vexated
    vexated
    Soul Shriven
    Blissey wrote: »
    This community has been a lot more civil than the gta 5 community was when rockstar servers failed.

Should have seen The Master Chief Collection forums. jeezus
  • MaxSterling
    Sorry, but an online only game should at the very least have their servers and connection issues sorted out well before launch date. This is exactly why software needs to start to be regulated. Don't sell a product unless it works on launch date. You wouldn't put up with this crap if a fridge wouldn't keep food cold or if a car wouldn't drive.
  • mdhroddie78
    sorry for being one of the moaners but i haven't been able to play the game since launch, you may be happy to stare at a log in screen but i would like to play the game i paid for
  • trogbad
    trogbad
    Soul Shriven
    Astrid2909 wrote: »
    I have been playing since pc beta and also bought the game for console. While I have yet to be able to even connect to the server!

Well that's cool that YOU have actually played the game. Someone who has been able to play the game, (regardless of what system) wouldn't understand how much it sucks to not be able to. You're not as excited to play as the people who ONLY have it for console. We've waited forever to play a broken game....

So yes, THANK YOU ESOffline for such an "amazing" game..... I suggest you get more servers in NA.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one would like to thanks ZOS for a great game and tell everyone there that there are some of us out here who appreciate your hard work. I see nothing but crying and negative posts here over the last 48 hours. I have been playing since pc beta and also bought the game for console. While I have yet to be able to even connect to the server I know that you all are doing your best and will get this hammered out so we can all enjoy this spectacular game on our consoles. What I will not do is submit post after post crying because I have no patience and nothing better to do with my time. Keep up the good work!

A lot of console players just dropped $60-$80 on a game they can't even play.

I can see their frustration.
  • starscout07_ESO
    A strategy for what? Maybe you can explain how people posting screen shots of their tv's with a middle finger extended in front of the camera or one sentence posts like "they should call it Elder Scrolls Offline" are helpful in any way. This is the crying I refer to. I've personally spent upwards of $300 on this brand when all said and done and as I stated before I'm not gonna sit here and rant on the developers in the forum. I would suggest people submit one help ticket per issue then show some patience and let them work on the problems.
    oh its not like people are paying for a game that is suppose to be functional and don't give me the oh its an mmo and is luach is suppose to be messy. companies have gotten mmo launches done stable and right.

• Hozec
    Hozec
    ✭✭✭
    oh its not like people are paying for a game that is suppose to be functional and don't give me the oh its an mmo and is luach is suppose to be messy. companies have gotten mmo launches done stable and right.

Please give examples. SWG, WoW, EQ and EQ2 were all terrible launches. Don't Forget SWTOR and LOTRO.