Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NA user profile stuck on EU Megaservers since console Xbox launch as of 06/09/15 @ 6:45pm MST.

Mersipher
Mersipher
Soul Shriven
TECH SYPPORT please solicite feed back to what's still happening. Paid $90 and would like to play.

Also, some NPC campaign characters for quests don't populate the character. Just a navigation/location proximity arrow, no body. Please comment with an updates to that issue as well.

Regards,

Mersipher Deadgar
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mersipher wrote: »
    TECH SYPPORT please solicite feed back to what's still happening. Paid $90 and would like to play.

Also, some NPC campaign characters for quests don't populate the character. Just a navigation/location proximity arrow, no body. Please comment with an updates to that issue as well.

Regards,

Mersipher Deadgar

What exactly is going on that youre stuck on the EU Server? Are you unable to log into the NA server when you try and what are you being told when you do?

As for the NPC issue. A Power-Down may be needed. Simply power down your console and start it back up. This should correct the issue. They are aware of it and have stated a fix is in the works.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Mersipher
    Mersipher
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for responding. What's happening with my saved profile is that it's pretty much stuck on the EU server side. No how many times I try my saved profile will only load on EU. My account has been like this since launch time of 060915.

If I happen to load my saved profile through the NA Megaservers it just forces me to create a new characrer. Which I currently do not want to do. I just want my saves character profile to load on the NA since I reside here in the states. I have nothing against using the EU servers to launch my character. I'm just concerned that my current character will be permanently stuck on EU servers and then the IT Dept. will start blocking IP's that reside in the USA region giving no safe net and my only option is to then start over which means loosing what I've worked hard to achieve.

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Mersipher Deadgar
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh I see...I think
    No you cannot have the same character on both servers. We never have been able to. If you make a character on EU it stays on EU, same for NA.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • ZOS_Ann
    ZOS_Ann
    ✭✭
    We moved this to a more appropriate subsection of the forums. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Mersipher
    Mersipher
    Soul Shriven
    But this wasn't my fault. We as in public had no notification or any failsafe popup warning message or modal in place to warn customers. Please have someone dig further into this. Copy my save profile onto the US server. I am in SR QA Engineer and know fairly well that can be done . Because IT and Development didn't have these typical negative failsafes in place I'm forced to just start over. Please escalate this issue to a lead or supervisor. You guys should have anticipated this during development and the Practice or Sr. QA manager should have had those faildsafes created in the initial requirements.

Clearly this didn't get tested or worked in the user story or epic during beta testing. What about regression testing or exploratory testing on this case. That's a no no and a blocker for sure. Please escalate this to a PM or Lead .

Thanks!
  • Turv3y
    Turv3y
    You can't and it won't happen. Pretty well the end of story.
  • XxXOdinsEyeXxX
    XxXOdinsEyeXxX
    Soul Shriven
    Most MMOs do not allow you to transfer characters through the servers, and I doubt someone is going to fix this for you. But the nice thing is if one server isn't working you have a character in the other so you can keep playing at least which has been my case. If rather play in NA but the Europe server has been smother. Sorry man
  • twhiting9275
    Mersipher wrote: »
    But this wasn't my fault.
    Yeah, it was.
    Did you create the character outside of your preferred region? Ok, then. It was your fault. A bit of research into MMOs would have told you this is how it is.

Look at it this way. You now have an EU character to fall back on when the NA server is down. Typically they maintain things at different times, so, hey, you've got a second character
  • Mersipher
    Mersipher
    Soul Shriven
    Technically it was my fault for pushing buttons by my own volition. Howvever, major failure for them not catching this months before regional launch.

So yes, I will have to create a new character on the NA which is all I wanted in the first place when launch happened the other day. So yeah, pretty lame they didn't anticipate the damn loads coming pre-launch. That is a major benefactor for a game like this. Out of the gate I tried to get in the NA servers. Was denied 10 or more times right after the gates openned. So, as one would - let's try the other for now. Bam! Got in. Great, excited, played on and off running into typical load issues, slow traversing or getting stuck during travelling etc.

All in all in what I'm saying now since you guys have informed me about porting my char over; is they should have had a failsafe in place regardless. Or a popup modal warning of sorts. Once you start a characrer you are stuck there. Since this did happen due to the NA Megaservers crash on US I'm now having to create a new character.

As well the organization I work for has done several DB migrations of client profiles to new or upgraded DB's so I know it can be done. It's a matter of them doing it which sounds like a NO from a typical MMO stamdpoimt. Can be done but they won't do it.

My biggest question now is, how long will us NA players have access to the EU region servers? Can someone fill me in on that? If sometime in the near future then I'll just kill the hours and hours I've spent on the EU and go from their and go with your suggestions and start from scratch

Thanks for your input guys.