The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing Friends & Issues using Mail

Azalin4savioR
So after reading a post that the friends list will update after a while I was content to let it update my in game friends list and it did, sort of. It only added part of my friends list, the other half that were friends long before I got ESO, and who were online since day 1 are not on my list. On top of that, I cannot send them mail, even when they are online it keeps telling me the character does not exist.
  • theoak1ey
    theoak1ey
    Having the same issue with sending mail, managed to be able to send coins over once and then it went back to the "there is no player with that name". Hopefully this will be fixed soon as I have quite a bit in my inventory that I want to give to a couple of friends to get them on their way
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

As stated in our Console Known Issues thread:

We’re aware that there’s an issue where your friends list from Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network is not properly populating in-game, and are working on a fix for this. We have two workarounds that you can try while we work on fixing the issue:
    • You can create a guild and invite your friends. This way, you can still easily group together, see when they’re online, send mail, etc. Note that you need to be at least level 10 to create a guild.
    • You can try removing your friend completely from the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 friends list, then re-adding them through the ESOTU UI.
    • In the event you’re having trouble grouping with friends due to this issue, go to Menu – Social – Group – Invite Player, then enter the respective Xbox Gamertag or PSN ID.

Many thanks for your patience while we are working on a fix for this.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Azalin4savioR
    No, I have those friends in my guild and I still cannot send them mail. When I try to send them mail it says this character does not exist.
  • Azalin4savioR
    I have also tried your suggested method of removing them and re adding them through the game that didnt work either.
  • Grimnaur
    Grimnaur
    ✭✭✭
    No, I have those friends in my guild and I still cannot send them mail. When I try to send them mail it says this character does not exist.

I have the same issues too. I can't send mail to some people. It says the character doesn't exist, even though they are in my guild or friend list.

As far as the friend list in game goes, my friend list had everyone loaded in it earlier today, but tonight it was all cleared out. Nobody was showing up in it.
    “Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka.” - J.B.
  • MrSuplex
    MrSuplex
    ✭✭

My friends are having the same issue when trying to send me mail. I can send them mail without problems, but they receive the above error when trying to mail me.