The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many people can the server support?

navyspeed
navyspeed
✭✭✭
So as I am writing this I am switching in queue from 1-14987-936634. If those queue numbers represent the actual number of players trying to get into the Xbox One mega server then I suppose that mega server is not a correct title. I am curious to know if the server can support the number of players currently trying to login on the NA mega server. Obviously if that many people are trying to login on the server and the server is not able to come close to supporting that number of players then we have a sever problem.

I assumed that the servers would be able to support everyone that is trying to play the game but I guess that is wrong. If the server can not support(going off of the queue numbers) the million plus people waiting in queue and that number is larger assuming that players are on the server, then the server is going to be an ongoing problem. My issue becomes that if that many people are trying to play the game and is constantly trying to connect then we will always see queues in the hundreds of thousands. So is this always going to be a problem or will the servers be upgraded to support all players and not having hundred of thousands of players in queue? If not I DO NOT want the answer that the number of players will fluctuate and the server can not handle the million plus players so you will just sit in queue. If you truly have that many players attempting to play this game then you need to update the servers because asking for people to sit in queue behind hundreds of thousands of players is not realistic.
  • wldeedler
    wldeedler
    Soul Shriven
    not to mention, they should have had the number of "players" already. They did sell each of them a copy. Many of them as pre-orders. The number of people playing should not be a surprise. Therefore the number of folks the system should be able to handle should have been known ahead of time or at least predicted fairly accurately
  • navyspeed
    navyspeed
    ✭✭✭
    wldeedler wrote: »
    not to mention, they should have had the number of "players" already. They did sell each of them a copy. Many of them as pre-orders. The number of people playing should not be a surprise. Therefore the number of folks the system should be able to handle should have been known ahead of time or at least predicted fairly accurately

And in the twitch stream they said they had done a number of stress tests on the servers. Apparently that did not include a million plus players trying to login on the same server.
  • SilasMurder
    The answer your looking for is.....wait for it.....NOT YOU!!!! It can support everyone playing but YOU! Not really you though, basically none of us. That is why we are here, to complain and make sure it is not just YOU having the problem. We all are! We are all victims in this. We have been swindled! No one can get on the servers. If you do get the small chance of getting more than 10 mins. having to start the process all over again.....You are one lucky S.O.B.. So the answer really is nobody can play until they fix it. I hope they can piece together a server and callIT. "USE THIS ONE BECAUSE WE REALLY SHOULD HAVE 3 OR MORE FOR A LAUNCH DAY"