Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the Explorer's Pack & Imperial Edition DLC account locked?

ashjdwallace_ESO
ashjdwallace_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have emailed ESO support several times, but there isn't a topic that supports this issue.

My husband and I share an Xbox One. He preordered the game a few weeks ago, we have all the required DLC downloaded. When we finally logged on last night, none of the Explorer's pack nor the Imperial DLC was available for me. However he has complete access to them. I tried my son's account (thinking maybe a fresh account would work), same issue.

And, before it's mentioned (Xbox support already asked this, then proceeded to act like I was an idiot) his account is set to be the home console and we both have active gold accounts.

Does anyone know if you can share these things? Is it just a bug, or am I expected to buy another digital copy to access these items (which, won't happen)?

Thanks in advance, and if I sound a bit upset, I apologize (but I am).
  • tbaileysr
    tbaileysr
    Soul Shriven
    My son and I will both be playing on my xbox and we preordered as well. I would like to know as well if we both get the benefit of the explorers pack. If not my son and I will be very very disappointed.
    Edited by tbaileysr on June 9, 2015 7:57PM
  • SVT_SLOWBRA
    SVT_SLOWBRA
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. I called Zenimax Customer Support this morning. They said they are aware of the issue and i have an open ticket with them. If i get any info, ill share it here!
  • roflwaffles1012
    roflwaffles1012
    Soul Shriven
    I am currently having the same issue and I do not share my xbox. I've tried reinstalling the explorers pack, another character and even hard resetting my xbox. I emailed them the issue and have yet to receive a reply.
  • SVT_SLOWBRA
    SVT_SLOWBRA
    Soul Shriven
    I am currently having the same issue and I do not share my xbox. I've tried reinstalling the explorers pack, another character and even hard resetting my xbox. I emailed them the issue and have yet to receive a reply.

I spent the better part of an hour and a half on hold with them this morning. Theyve been swamped with calls, but like i said, they are aware and actively working on a fix for this. Ill forward any emails i get on the matter as i get them if that helps.
  • SVT_SLOWBRA
    SVT_SLOWBRA
    Soul Shriven
  • sul33T
    sul33T
    Soul Shriven
    Pre ordered imperial edition, and sharing game on console. Only I can access the downloadable content even when installed. The person who cannot access the content , Aer1ekah (gamertag) cannot access. Troubleshooting done: Reinstallation of game and additional content, and removal of saved content from local device and cloud service. Other games allow for sharing even with DLC, why not this? Has not worked, please help.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC can be account locked. If you bought it via the crown store it's definitely account locked.

The explorer's pack bonus for pre-ordering does seem to be limited to the account that pre-ordered only.
    None of my family have bonuses other than basic access to the basic game

Diff games, diff rules
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ashjdwallace_ESO
    ashjdwallace_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I found this...

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29758/

So no, the Explorer's pack and Imperial Edition perks CANNOT be shared on a console.

Thankfully Xbox understood our concerns (and, by the way the guy talked, MANY others as well) and we have a full refund. I am NOT purchasing those 2 dlc packs again when no other game I've played on the Xbox one has had this issue.

Good luck everyone, and I hate replying with such bad news :'(
  • ShocX_Gaming
    ShocX_Gaming
    Soul Shriven
    Really Me, My Cousin, and my brother have been waiting for this and I don't want to have to buy this again two more times
  • LaxWoW18
    LaxWoW18
    i having the same issue. i am hoping that this isn't the case. we both have this downloaded onto our xbox profiles and it should be able to recognize it. i think it is just a bug that needs to be worked out. fingers crossed anyway.
  • LegendarySyn
    I've never heard of bonus preorder items not being account locked... If they weren't, on games with server profiles (every multiplayer), all you'd have to do to get them is log in on the console of someone who bought the extras, then they'd be loaded into your profile. That would defeat the purpose of having exclusives like that because they wouldn't be exclusive to the people who preordered and most people wouldn't bother buying them because they could just get them for free from a friend. You want to share content, share an account, otherwise you are an individual customer. In this game especially sharing a single account for a family shouldn't be an issue given how many characters you can have.
  • doomtrigger
    Herp derp people getting upset when they are sharing a mmorpg that's set up for one account
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, from a PC player's perspective, it's amazing that you can share the game at all.
  • SrS_UnreaL
    SrS_UnreaL
    Soul Shriven
    I pre downloaded the £70 addition through Xbox store and it all worked fine for me
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Herp derp people getting upset when they are sharing a mmorpg that's set up for one account
    Because being a D-bag about the situation helps to solve it...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• MiskyBoyy
    MiskyBoyy

Exactly.

ZOS & Microsoft have both stated they are aware of the problem & are actively seeking a fix.
  • LaxWoW18
    LaxWoW18
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Exactly.

ZOS & Microsoft have both stated they are aware of the problem & are actively seeking a fix.

i sure hope so....
  • GooglyEyedDog
    GooglyEyedDog
    Soul Shriven
    I've never heard of bonus preorder items not being account locked... If they weren't, on games with server profiles (every multiplayer), all you'd have to do to get them is log in on the console of someone who bought the extras, then they'd be loaded into your profile. That would defeat the purpose of having exclusives like that because they wouldn't be exclusive to the people who preordered and most people wouldn't bother buying them because they could just get them for free from a friend. You want to share content, share an account, otherwise you are an individual customer. In this game especially sharing a single account for a family shouldn't be an issue given how many characters you can have.

I am a console player and therefore have no idea what happens on computer games, but I have bought large numbers of console games both digitally and on disc.

I pre- ordered and purchased the DKS2 collectors edition for the Xbox 360 and all of the weapons etc relating to that edition were available on multiple accounts on that console.

Similarly I bought digital copies of the Expansion packs separately for Destiny on the PS4. They are available on multiple accounts on the same console.

Indeed I have never purchased games, both in digital and disk versions, of which I have substantial numbers, or DLC's to which this did not apply.

The only game that this has happened on is ESO. If this is the case then it certainly was not made clear when I pre-ordered the game, and I would have had second thought about the purchase as I think it is a rip-off. I appreciate that any 'crown purchases' can only be applied to one account but the original Imperial Edition is not bought by crowns.

In fact if I can ever find the statement issued by ESO, which I will post here, they stated that the ESO game would not be code tied to any particular account. But this is exactly what appears to have happened

Of course this is an issue judging by the number of people posting here.I have been in contact with both ESO and PS4 and am awaiting their replies.

• LaxWoW18
    LaxWoW18
    here is your answer guys.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29758/kw/console imperial edition

well that is if your sharing the game with family or friends.
  • margopolo3
    margopolo3
    Soul Shriven
    LaxWoW18 wrote: »

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29758/kw/console imperial edition

Thank you for this, but I wish they said how we can purchase the explorer and imperial because on the systems it's showing its already installed.
  • buffalo225
    buffalo225
    Soul Shriven
    margopolo3 wrote: »

Thank you for this, but I wish they said how we can purchase the explorer and imperial because on the systems it's showing its already installed.

• buffalo225
    buffalo225
    Soul Shriven
    margopolo3 wrote: »

go to the crown store
  • GooglyEyedDog
    GooglyEyedDog
    Soul Shriven
    As indicated in my original post here is the link:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/15/elder-scrolls-online-on-consoles-will-not-require-a-cd-key-hooray/

"Elder Scrolls Online ✔@TESOnline
    In case you were wondering: The console disc version of #ESOTU works like other boxed console games and doesn't require a one-time use code.
    4:02 PM - 14 May 2015
    78 78 Retweets 115 115 favorites"

So straight from the horses mouth !

I bought a digital copy but if that in some way predjudices my position I will be demanding my money back, then going to buy a disc version
    Edited by GooglyEyedDog on June 10, 2015 6:40PM