The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

RNG hates me - Possible token system?

• Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Token system is tedious, you're counting the days, and when you actually get somethings, it doesnt even feel that great.

I prefer RNG, they just need to get rid off of BoP and if that is so big issue, but 500k price tag on items, so not every new player cant buy them, even those people who buy them with gold and found them from AH, gets excited.

• Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only run vCoA about exactly 21 times without a single helmet drop (for me), but I've heard people going literally hundreds of times without one.... While I sit there in group running it over and over again, watching my tank or a templar or a *** sorc get a skoria helmet. It's absolutely idiotic that you can't trade loot within the group that finished the dungeon regardless or whether it's BoP or not.

They introduce a new set to the game which can increase DPS by a significant amount, and then make it so that it never drops. It's a brilliant idea... Itemization guys need to be smacked at least once for every failed attempt at someone trying to get the shoulder or helm they need.
    Edited by Paradox on May 24, 2015 10:27AM
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Woman
    Woman
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish you could trade loot within the group after a dungeon.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be pleased to have a token system in place, but of course then armor would have to be bound to character instead of account bound (which would tick off a whole different crowd).

I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice.

Why?

LotRO had a token system and Account Bound loot (Hytbold) and it worked just fine.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Tokens are always my preferred method of loot, but only when they are as an extra loot to help with bad luck and not as a main source of gearing. RNG has its good times also..seeing the item you want drop of a boss is no comparable of the standard "run x times" method.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You are not the first to ask for this. And probably wont' be the last. And it probably wont' happen. I mean you get what you want, then you stop running the pledges. If everyone gets what they want, then no one will run the pledges.

OK, some will still do the Pledges.... B)

Na. Every other MMO I've played with a token/emblem system has worked great. People actually run dungeons more often because they have a clearly attainable goal with a visible finish line. Also, considering the build diversity one character can have in ESO, many people will try to acquire different sets of gear for different roles. A Templar with a magicka build for example may want both a healer set and a dps set. There could be several sets with several different applications that a person could want for the same character.

Same thing with weapons. So by the time someone actually farms enough badges to fully equip their character with any kind of armor/weapon combo they may want to have in their arsonal, that's usually when an expansion comes around with level increases that of course makes all that previous gear irrelevant, but that endless ladder is what keeps people playing.

Not to mention alts.

This game would be SOOO much better with an emblem system. Don't get me wrong. There is a time and place for RNG. They wouldn't have to remove RNG from the game. You could still hope for that super cool drop that's just a tad better than what your emblems get ya. But it would sure be nice if you got to earn a few emblems along the way so that you could gear your character in armor that is relevant to his/her build.

The current system is flawed. Having a handful of helmets being the only incentive to repeat a dungeon aside from a sliver of reputation in a faction that awards basically nothing is questionable design. There have been countless threads on this forum about the reward system in this game and the topic seems to get very little attention from ZOS

"Little things" like this are what keeps ESO in the "good" category, and out of the "great" category.

In my humble opinion.

Edited by Alphashado on May 24, 2015 2:39PM
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I did get the Skoria shoulders eventually. Suddenly 3 of them in fact, within 25 gold keys. I used the "save up 10+ keys" strategy. My head/shoulder collection became too taxing on my inventory, so I decon'd the ones I don't need, but not before compiling some data. The only things I've actively farmed outside of pledges are Engine Guardian and Skoria. Occasionally I'll do an extra pledge for one of the headpieces I don't have. This is what the RNG thinks of me so far:
    (armor type/trait)xQuantity
    Bloodspawn:
    	head: (l/re)x2 (l/di)x1 (l/imp)x1 (h/re)x1 (h/imp)x1
    	shoulders: (m/re)x1 (m/div)x1 (h/imp)x2 (h/we)x1
    Maw:
    	head: (m/imp)x1
    	shoulders: (m/in)x1 (m/we)x1 (l/in)x1 (h/we)x1 (h/in)x1
    Mephala:
    	head: (m/re)x1
    	shoulders: (l/we)x1 (h/in)x1
    Malubeth:
    	head: none
    	shoulders: (l/di)x1 (l/we)x1 (m/imp)x1 (m/re)x1 (m/we)x1
    Bogdan:
    	head: (m/st)x1 (h/di)x1 (h/re)x1
    	shoulders: (m/re)x1 (l/in)x2 (l/re)x1 (h/imp)x1
    Engine:
    	head: none
    	shoulders: (m/in)x1 (m/re)x1 (m/we)x1 (l/in)x1 
    	(l/imp)x1 (l/we)x1 (h/in)x1
    Nerien'eth:
    	head:  none
    	shoulders: (m/re)x1 (m/we)x1 (h/in)x1 (h/we)x1
    Skoria:
    	head: (l/we)x1 (h/we)x1
    	shoulders: (m/we)x1 (h/we)x1 (l/re)x1

Totals:
    6 Bloodspawn Head
    5 Bloodspawn Shoulders
    1 Maw Head
    5 Maw Shoulders
    1 Mephala Head
    2 Mephala Shoulders
    0 Malubeth Head
    5 Malubeth Shoulders
    3 Bogdan Head
    5 Bogdan Shoulders
    0 Engine Head
    7 Engine Shoulders
    0 Nerien'eth Head
    4 Nerien'eth Shoulders
    2 Skoria Head
    3 Skoria Shoulders

Trait Totals:
    head:      (st)x1 (imp)x3 (re)x5 (we)x2  (tr)x0 (in)x0 (ex)x0 (div)x2
    shoulders: (st)x0 (imp)x5 (re)x7 (we)x12 (tr)x0 (in)x9 (ex)x0 (div)x1

Fun Observations:
    6 Bloodspawn Headpieces, 7 engine guardian shoulder pieces
    Engine Guardian, Nerien'eth, Malubeth Headpieces have yet to drop
    14 well-fitted pieces
    0 Training/Exporation pieces (intentional?)
    0 infused headpieces, 1 divines shoulder piece
    Sturdy is weirdly rare for me
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on June 8, 2015 6:13PM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You are not the first to ask for this. And probably wont' be the last. And it probably wont' happen. I mean you get what you want, then you stop running the pledges. If everyone gets what they want, then no one will run the pledges.

OK, some will still do the Pledges.... B)

This is why you do a hyrbrid token + RNG.

Chance for drop, or if RNG hates you, you eventually can still purchase gear.

Then you just need to add other items for Token trade (like consumables) so people still have a reason to spend them after acquiring gear.

The surprising thing is MMOs figured this out like 10 years ago. Why ZoS is so behind in the times is beyond me...
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be fair.

1 Token = RND Drop
    5 Tokens = Specific Drop ; RND Type ; RND Trait ;
    10 Tokens = Specific Drop; Specific Type ; RND Trait
    15 Tokens = Specific All
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have received only 88 gold keys and are upset you haven't gotten a specific shoulder type. Seems kinda low to be complaining, though everyone has a right to do so.

Maybe they could make it that we could turn in 200 good keys to have a choice of shoulders but still have the trait be random. The idea is to give us a reason to run the dungeons and it has worked marvelously.
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Tokens? No, not another currency, don't want this game to become like that. I know it's frustrating, but once it'll be there. (saying while I have 5 shoulder and 4 helmets of Valkyn-set ... :| )

But I had it with the shoulder piece of the Guardians-set too, of the hundreds of pledges I have done it did not drop one single time, but at last a few days ago it was there in the chest. Oh man, was I happy. Took forever. But I wouldn't want to get it through tokens, it gave pledges a better purpose actually.