ZOS! Your game is broken!

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    as soon as the big red zergs start up and lag out the server i log off, no point in raging anymore because crap doesnt work in lag situations. my patience is wearing extremely thin, im just hoping for a good fix in this next big update for pvp. if not then im done playing pretty much. i have better things to do then be frustrated and angry because the games broken. i really have high hopes for this game but these last 5 months have really really really made my expectations for the future of ESO not a bright one.

Im getting to the same point.

Last night in Chillrend, the Large Red Zerg showed up and the lag was unbearable, even going to the otherside of the map completely away from them it didn't matter. It just frustrating.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On every campaign yesterday DC was 1 bar except Chillrend. Being an underdog is one thing, but now its to the point of ridiculous. All of DC must be playing Witcher.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    On every campaign yesterday DC was 1 bar except Chillrend. Being an underdog is one thing, but now its to the point of ridiculous. All of DC must be playing Witcher.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler has been promoted to lead pvp designer of console megaservers. As this is not related to consoles, there is no one here to address your concerns.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because consoles
  • Emptysev3n
    Population imbalance has nothing to do with the game, it's the community. As for lag, any game with massive Zergs are going to experience FPS bumps. Turn down your max GFX so your machine can process and actually handle what is actually happening in an online changing world - then you will be fine.

As for Zergs being "non-sense" - it is something called war, it makes "much-sense" if you ask me. More people fighting a war on a specific side, will most likely win. Talk to your community, get a bigger group and fight back. It is a simple solution - it takes time, nothing worth doing in life happens instantly or is easy.
    Edited by Emptysev3n on June 2, 2015 4:27PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emptysev3n wrote: »
    Population imbalance has nothing to do with the game, it's the community. As for lag, any game with massive Zergs are going to experience FPS bumps. Turn down your max GFX so your machine can process and actually handle what is actually happening in an online changing world - then you will be fine.

As for Zergs being "non-sense" - it is something called war, it makes "much-sense" if you ask me. More people fighting a war on a specific side, will most likely win. Talk to your community, get a bigger group and fight back. It is a simple solution - it takes time, nothing worth doing in life happens instantly or is easy.

lag /= fps.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speculating that latest ZOS attempts to bandaid lag has been approached from the manage perception perspective by decoupling some of the serial server side calculations of player actions... resulting in more frustrating game behavior.

Notice that now when there's lag, either your skills are delayed or attacks on you are... Resulting in way more WTF happened moments. Whereas before 1.6 and the network optimizations, when lag hit, the experience was more like playing in sludge. You still had to anticipate and react far in advance, but the degree of desync was nothing like it is now.
  • Emptysev3n
    Everyone experiences the "lag /= fps". But those of who lower their GFX (During PvP), not for FPS purposes, are more in-tune with the server because their machine can process what is going on quicker, which leads them to minimize their time with the "lag /= fps."

So, for the sake of discussion, if the server experiences a "Latency" bump that lasts for 5 seconds real-time, a player who has a juiced up rig needs to render more to reestablish a connection to the mega-server and might take 10 seconds to handle the bump, whereas a person who lowers their requirements, and plays for "best connectivity" which equals a win in ANY multiplayer game, you will be the one standing over the person who is dead and blames ZoS for their server because it only takes 8 seconds for them. Everyone WILL have the bump, but whoever can handle it quicker wins.

I play on a laptop that has PS2 graphics and I can play my lute while I wait for players to come back.

I am not saying this isn't a problem, because it is. But that's one method for a band-aid to reduce the time. @danno8, thanks for the textbook definition.

But a mega-server is fairly new and this is the first time where they throw everyone into one place at the same time. It isn't that bad for a 1 year old idea. The game is not "broke" we are still in a beta for something that is the first of its kind. We just need to be patient as a community while they learn to master the mega-server.

-- I am sturring stuff up, please humor me while I am at work.

Edited by Emptysev3n on June 2, 2015 6:09PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ayne.gif

rip decibel
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone experiences the "lag /= fps". But those of who lower their GFX (During PvP), not for FPS purposes, are more in-tune with the server because their machine can process what is going on quicker, which leads them to minimize their time with the "lag /= fps."

So, for the sake of discussion, if the server experiences a "Latency" bump that lasts for 5 seconds real-time, a player who has a juiced up rig needs to render more to reestablish a connection to the mega-server and might take 10 seconds to handle the bump, whereas a person who lowers their requirements, and plays for "best connectivity" which equals a win in ANY multiplayer game, you will be the one standing over the person who is dead and blames ZoS for their server because it only takes 8 seconds for them. Everyone WILL have the bump, but whoever can handle it quicker wins.

I play on a laptop that has PS2 graphics and I can play my lute while I wait for players to come back.

I am not saying this isn't a problem, because it is. But that's one method for a band-aid to reduce the time. @danno8, thanks for the textbook definition.

But a mega-server is fairly new and this is the first time where they throw everyone into one place at the same time. It isn't that bad for a 1 year old idea. The game is not "broke" we are still in a beta for something that is the first of its kind. We just need to be patient as a community while they learn to master the mega-server.

The 5 second lag spikes have nothing to do with a persons FPS. Lag /= FPS (Lag "not equal to" low FPS)

Your entire second paragraph is flat out incorrect. I can turn my graphics card down to absolute minimum and it will have no affect at all on lag when the servers are simply incapable of keeping up with all the calculations that are required of it.

When the server finally is able to keep up again, your computer does not have to render everything that happened in the last 10 seconds before you become responsive again. That information is simply lost.

Proof? You don't even have to see the action occurring in order to have lag spikes of 10, 20 30 seconds. As long as you are in the general vicinity, sometimes the other side of the map, you can get hit with server lag.

I think you may be confusing bad FPS, or even input lag with server lag.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont these big red zerg guilds realize they are killing the game??? i mean come on people split up your massive zerg ball groups and spread out! i want this game to be around for longer then you guys go and kill it.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Emptysev3n
    I understand the difference between server lag and frames per second. Your PC config will help bounce you back from the server lag faster than other people. fact. Have you ever played a first person shooter? If you get disconnected it is unfortunate, but if you stay connected - there are ways to get grounded quicker than other people and be able to continue playing. The server will always be faster than the player. But you can strive to catch the server.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall.... I wonder why EP owns ESO
    Edited by Emptysev3n on June 2, 2015 8:53PM
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chillrend (NA) 2015/6/3 22:46 EDT

It happen again. EP are too many.
    And I can't win a macro cheater.

I sit at High rock gate.
    Watching those mess.

Because this is a COMMUNITY problem, not problem of game design.
    I think all DC should sit down and take a rest.
    We can tell some jokes in zone chat. That's fun too.

Let EP play themselves. B)

Edited by EIGHTS on June 4, 2015 2:55AM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    as soon as the big red zergs start up and lag out the server i log off, no point in raging anymore because crap doesnt work in lag situations. my patience is wearing extremely thin, im just hoping for a good fix in this next big update for pvp. if not then im done playing pretty much. i have better things to do then be frustrated and angry because the games broken. i really have high hopes for this game but these last 5 months have really really really made my expectations for the future of ESO not a bright one.
    Cool story bro, can I have your stuff?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Cool story bro, can I have your stuff?

Sure, oh wait its all bound....
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand the difference between server lag and frames per second. Your PC config will help bounce you back from the server lag faster than other people. fact. Have you ever played a first person shooter? If you get disconnected it is unfortunate, but if you stay connected - there are ways to get grounded quicker than other people and be able to continue playing. The server will always be faster than the player. But you can strive to catch the server.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall.... I wonder why EP owns ESO

I have to politely disagree as well, my settings on both Ultra-High/Custom versus minimum both have equal reconnection issues. The data is all the same, how it's displayed is a local functionality.
    Vehemence