Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improving On ESO S05E02) Rewarding Forum Users,Mount Improvements,Happy Birthday From ZOS And More

Heromofo
Heromofo
✭✭✭✭✭

☆ Introduction

Please make sure you read first before voting also make sure to explain why as voting is only one part of the feedback. :D

☆ Season 1
☆ Season 2
☆ Season 3
☆ Season 4
☆ Season 5

☆ Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas
Environmental Concepts:
UI Concepts:
Game Systems:
Player Options & Items and Systems:
Crown Store/ ESO+ Centric Concepts:
Silly odds and ends:

☆ Some Music While You Read
https://youtu.be/830B0vVHT8k

☆ Forum And Game Interactions

Creating a more socially active game requires connections both in game and out side of the game.

First off bloody brillant improvement step was just made with the new Community Ambassador Program.@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom this is a really good idea and deserves a bro fist bump.
ZIZELia.jpg
I don't give these often good job and elected Ambassadors remember to always be truthful and not blind followers. For a game to truly progress both sides of feedback are always needed. Also Gina and Rebecca if the idea below is introduced a title should be given to your selected ambassadors (see below).

2nd A mobile app [SEE HERE] is a good start to keeping players minds on your video game even outside of the game (Destiny's app is proof of this).

Step three would be creating ways to then link your forums into the game. Now i have an idea on how to create a more social aspect of the forums as well as reward users for using the forums.

The best thing about it is you guys have already done alot of the hard work for this.

Starting with:

☆ Forum leveling
You guys have done really well here but what if you were to set up a link to the game for this?. By creating account wide tabards into the collection tab.

You guys already have the forum accounts linked to game accounts. So it shouldn't be too difficult to then set up something like this.

All account wide tabards should be able to be dyed any colour they have unlocked.

☆ Star Level
-In game tabard with your forum handle plus ☆ star down the flap of the tabard with a oroburos on it (see below).

☆☆ Star Levels
-In game tabard with your forum handle plus ☆☆ stars down the flap of the tabard with a oroburos on it (see below).

-1000 gold

☆☆☆ Star Levels
-In game tabard with your forum handle plus ☆☆☆ stars down the flap of the tabard with a oroburos on it (see below).

-A stack of 10 soul gems and 10 potions rewarded.

☆☆☆☆ Star Levels
-In game tabard with your forum handle plus ☆☆☆☆ stars down the flap of the tabard with a oroburos on it (see below).

-500 crowns rewarded

☆☆☆☆☆ Star Levels
-In game tabard with your forum handle plus ☆☆☆☆☆ stars down the flap of the tabard with a oroburos on it (see below).

- A special Title i.e (Mentor) Or (Elder)

● Ambassador Ranked
- A special in game title is rewarded "Ambassador".
-A special in game tabard with a mega star inside the oroburos

● This is a badge of honor and they should be rewarded for it.

Of course as you guys stated:

In the situation that one of our Ambassadors breaks our Code of Conduct, they will be removed from the program immediately.

Then the title is also removed as it's a special privilege much like their forum avatar and forum title.

This will help encourage more forum activity and reward forum users for spending time getting involved. It should also encourage new people to come to the forums and meet new people especially from the console side.

3Vo7hcu.jpg
mRUoG2f.jpg

Extra Food For Thought ZOS
I pulled this from another thread for you to also think about.
Heromofo wrote: »
M
Cuyler wrote: »
Gratz to all you new Ambassadors!

@ZOS_GinaBruno are there any plans for further forum progression for the rest of us? For example, more than 5 stars, better avatars or maybe dare I say....veteran ranks ;) ?
@Cuyler
Cuyler i know you don't like some of my episodes of Improving On ESO but you may enjoy the latest one as it is about just that.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173315/improving-on-eso-s05e02-forum-in-game-interactions-mount-improvements-multiple-mount-riders-etc#latest

I've glanced at the series. I'll need a big breakfast, a whole pot of coffee and a day off of work to go over it all :D Jk Great job presenting all the ideas in one spot.

Yeah sorry had to make sure all sides were covered but i do agree that they have the perfect set up with the star system to progress this further and bring the game and forums closer together.

Very very curious though because they may have something like this already in the works and the ambassador system is phase 1.
Yes the star system specifically would be very easy to elaborate upon. I'm interested in seeing who would have 10,15, 20 stars by now (maybe every 5 stars = 1 vet star?).

Well i have only been on the forums for about a month and a bit and ive been 5 stars for awhile now.

Im curious as to how they are based?.
When you earn a Badge you get points (5, 10, 25, etc.) You get a star when you reach a certain amount of points.
Then i guess 5 stars must be 1000 points and based off that

Sooo what if ZOS reformated the star system to go:

Bronze 1-5 stars = a total of 1000 points
Sliver 1-5 stars = a total of 2000 points
Gold 1-5 stars = a total of 3000 points

Each 1-5 requires 1000 points
And each lot of badges give more and more points the higher they go atm i think they cap out at 500.

Also S05E02 would still work and each new set gives a better set of rewards than the previous.
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/173315/improving-on-eso-s05e02-rewarding-forum-users-mount-improvements-happy-birthday-from-zos-and-more#latest

Just a thought though :D

Represent!
I know i will :D

HEROMOFO
KZS11ZR.jpg

☆ Unlock able Avatars
Then you can go a little bit further by offering new avatars that are given to people for use on the forums for doing certain things in the game.

Just a few examples:

Rescuing The Prophet
vh3UfTd.jpg

Completing The Fighters Guild Quest Line
5Jyzu2u.jpg

Completing The Dark Brotherhood Quest Line
0FgertD.jpg

Defeating Molag Bal
Z8YMafm.jpg

Gidorick's Opinion On This
Foum And Game Interactions
Personally, I do not care for the idea of forum/game interaction. I like to keep my gaming experience contained within the gaming and my exploits here shouldn't impact my characters. That being said, nothing you've suggested would result in in-game advantages over other players, so a player wouldn't be required to participate on the forum and it would encourage player inside the game to visit the forums.

Titles that the player can choose from would be fine but I don't think names on tabard would be a good idea. A little too much like a jersey. Perhaps ZOS could include the title "Forum Member" along with other higher ranking titles.

I mocked up your tabard logo design:
kfoXvMq.jpg?1

and am adding my own thoughts on a design:
XobVYRL.jpg?1

Just put me down in the "Wouldn't use, but can see why people would enjoy" on this one. :wink:

hmmm... Perhaps ZOS could even associate specific dye colors with forum achievements.

☆ Two Or More Player Mounts And Different Mount Arrivals And Departures

☆ Mounting And Dismounting
so the way mounts spawn in and disspear could use an improvement. As @Gidorick and i keep saying "remember that the littlest features can have the largest impacts".

Short but sweet:

Beastial Mounts: you whistle to your friend and just off the screen. Your mount runs towards you and stops close by as it waits for its master to mount up. should you not mount up after 30 seconds or move out of range of them they run off.

Magical Mounts: Like your *Flaming Horse* and soon to be added *Frozen Horse* should have special mounting and dismounting effects.

First of all i am disappointed in your lack of ideas for these or putting the work in.
Colouring different mounts is the easy path but if you really want to increase sales you need to go a step further.

Starting with entering and disappearing take your new frozen horse.

Mounting:
Your character places one hand on their chest and closes their eyes. A blue mist starts forming infront of you and quickly starts forming the frozen steed. The magical beast then waits for you to get on.

Dismounting:
This beast shares a deep bond with you and knows when you wish get off. The magical steed shatters underneath you as the mist slowly dissappears. The beast is apart of you and awaits your call again.

Gidorick has added:
Rearing:
Different animations for each mount to help add that special something to them.

Examples:

The ice horse could have little spikes of ice form beneath it that it SMASHES when in comes back down.

The fire horse when it rears flames could shoot from its mouth.

Also make sure to see Gidorick's Tangible Mount Thread Before voting for this especially because of his idea of mount armor.

YSFkj0u.jpg

FcFvvkH.jpg

It means you have to put in a little effort but the result should be better mounts,happier players and better overall sales.Even i would buy one of these if you at least gave it a unique theme like this.

☆ 2 Or More player mounts
This one is a no brainer and i dont want to hear it's not possible as other mmo's can do this. But ZOS think about the money you would make from these. I enjoyed using these in world of warcraft especially when i wanted to go for a smoke.My brother would just take us both to the start of the raid instance or what ever we were doing.

7KHWeV7.jpg

Mounting And Dismounting
My Tangible Mounts concept would work really well with these ideas, but your thoughts would work well with how mounts are currently handled as well.

If we're going to have special mounts... might as well make them even more special! hehe.

2 Or More player mounts
I think you have the right idea here about how these mounts would be added to ESO. People have been asking for 2 player mounts for a while but horses aren't designed for 2 players. ZOS could release a horse specifically for 2 players or, as I would prefer, ZOS could release 2 player saddles for certain mounts. Mount's stay the same, saddle changes.

☆ It's Your Birthday And Zenimax Cares

A good way to improve your relationship with your player base especially if some are taking a break from ESO. Is to make them feel you care about them and this can be done in many ways.
One way is to wish players a happy birthday and a few crowns as a birthday present doesn't hurt and might just encourage more spending. ;)

See below a mock email:

It's Your Birthday And Zenimax Cares
This would be a nice little touch, but it would HAVE to be automated and there would have to be a way for ZOS to lock the birthday. Being that some people consider a birthday sensitive information, and some players would try to change their birthday to get the goodies, it might be better to use gameplay anniversary date.

Some ideas out of left field @Heromofo! Keep 'em coming!

20HImNa.jpg
We Heard It Was Your Birthday Today

(Insert Players Name)

So another year has passed for you and we here at Zenimax Online Studio would like to wish you a happy Birthday.

We also have a gift of 500 crowns for you to spend in The Elder Scrolls Online TU.Make sure to claim your Birthday Present Within 30 days otherwise the link will expire.

CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE YOUR CROWNS

kbM4Ggb.jpg
2TLSAFy.jpg

Make sure you receive your email from ZeniMax. Add email@mailer.elderscrollsonline.com to your address book.
© 2015 ZeniMax Media Inc. Trademarks are the property of their respective owner.
One-time purchase of the game and internet connectivity required. All Rights Reserved.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact

Update Profile | Unsubscribe

This email was sent by: ZeniMax Media Inc. - 1370 Piccard Dr. Ste. 120 Rockville, MD, 20850, UNITED STATES

Edited by Heromofo on June 4, 2015 3:14PM

Improving On ESO S05E02) Rewarding Forum Users,Mount Improvements,Happy Birthday From ZOS And More 21 votes

I Agree To All (Explain Below)
33%
darkspyro92_ESOSpazzKidd3LaerothKeykalyndafox187HeromofoRobbie575The_Protagonist 7 votes
I Disagree To All (Explain Below)
33%
KorprokidkElsonsoLegolessChikenugetRomosix2fall 7 votes
Agree To Some of This And I will Explain Below (What You Like/Dont Like)
33%
Gidorickb92303008rwb17_ESOBuggeXNovaMarxAdamBourkeKalghednastuug 7 votes
Agree To One Or More Here But I Have A Different Take On it (Explain Below)
0%
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember please don't vote if you do not plan to explain the reason to it especially if you only agree with one idea lol hard to know what one. :D
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS ignore @Romo

He enjoys just voting no on every single episode because they annoy him.
    Unfortunately he does not detail why and i have caught him instantly voting no as i click post.

Romo i understand you dont like my episodes but you can just place me on ignore it should hide my threads bud.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foum And Game Interactions
    Personally, I do not care for the idea of forum/game interaction. I like to keep my gaming experience contained within the gaming and my exploits here shouldn't impact my characters. That being said, nothing you've suggested would result in in-game advantages over other players, so a player wouldn't be required to participate on the forum and it would encourage player inside the game to visit the forums.

Titles that the player can choose from would be fine but I don't think names on tabard would be a good idea. A little too much like a jersey. Perhaps ZOS could include the title "Forum Member" along with other higher ranking titles.

I mocked up your tabard logo design:
    kfoXvMq.jpg?1

and am adding my own thoughts on a design:
    XobVYRL.jpg?1

Just put me down in the "Wouldn't use, but can see why people would enjoy" on this one. :wink:

hmmm... Perhaps ZOS could even associate specific dye colors with forum achievements.

Mounting And Dismounting
    My Tangible Mounts concept would work really well with these ideas, but your thoughts would work well with how mounts are currently handled as well.

If we're going to have special mounts... might as well make them even more special! hehe.

2 Or More player mounts
    I think you have the right idea here about how these mounts would be added to ESO. People have been asking for 2 player mounts for a while but horses aren't designed for 2 players. ZOS could release a horse specifically for 2 players or, as I would prefer, ZOS could release 2 player saddles for certain mounts. Mount's stay the same, saddle changes.

It's Your Birthday And Zenimax Cares
    This would be a nice little touch, but it would HAVE to be automated and there would have to be a way for ZOS to lock the birthday. Being that some people consider a birthday sensitive information, and some players would try to change their birthday to get the goodies, it might be better to use gameplay anniversary date.

Some ideas out of left field @Heromofo! Keep 'em coming!
    Edited by Gidorick on June 4, 2015 3:08AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick

I am always thankful to have your help and feedback . Love the designs and as usual its all been added in but again really loving the designs. :)

Also i have never had to say this twice but seriously lol.

Notice
    Guys and gals please explain why when voting on these episodes.
    The vote is only half of the feedback and i cannot count votes without an explanation.
    Because for all i know it's just a donkey vote so once again please explain your vote. :)

Voting without no explanation will not be counted to the feedback of the episode its on.

Edited by Heromofo on June 4, 2015 6:30AM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ☆ Calling All Ambassadors
    Your feedback is requested as part of this concerns you lot.

How would you feel about having an in game title and tabard?.

Would you use them?.

Just a few things to remember though:

Pro:
    You would look pretty sexy with a ambassador title and tabard.
    Con:
    you could be hounded in game from players asking for advice.

@Balabù @Chufu @Dominoid @Enodoc @KhajitFurTrader @MissBizz @Nestor @Tilmo.Valandil @Ynehairte
    Edited by Heromofo on June 4, 2015 8:49AM
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ☆ Forum And Game Interactions: I like the idea of adding extra incentives for people to be more active in the forums, and make it feel even more worth while for those of us who already are: tabards and rewards are a good start. (I also agree that the Ambassador thing is awesome!)
    ☆ Unlock able Avatars: A nice way to properly make the forum and the game feel more intertwined. It's just a good feature to have what you do in the game affect your account/forum, and vice versa.
    ☆ Two Or More Player Mounts And Different Mount Arrivals And Departures: I wouldn't mind seeing some more mount animations, especially something more realistic than the mount just appearing from thin air. Different animations for different mounts would also make them seem more unique, although I feel they already kind of are with regards to horses rearing and senches and guar roaring, but more uniqueness is always good :smile:
    As for two player mounts, I don't really see a need or anything particular practical about it. I was just talking to my boyfriend about this the other day: ESO is waaay too easy to get around. There are wayshrines everywhere, often right by important landmarks/dungeons/quests, and you can travel too any player in your party, so there isn't really any incentive to ride around on your mount for longer periods of time. If the mounts were more important then I would want them to do more, like being able to carry more than one player.
    ☆ It's Your Birthday And Zenimax Cares: I like this idea :smiley: Generally anything ZOS can do to make the players feel appreciated is a good idea. First it was the special beta pet, then came the loyalty rewards, and now there is the sub bonuses. But it would be nice for everyone to feel appreciated, including those who don't sub.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Would you use them?.

Pro:
    Con:

@Balabù @Chufu @Dominoid @Enodoc @KhajitFurTrader @MissBizz @Nestor @Tilmo.Valandil @Ynehairte

From my personal point of view:

If ambassadors would get an ingame title and tabard, I would feel highly honoured and would use them.

But I am a humble person and I think that could be a little "to much" for us. We aren't gods or something like that and maybe we need a little privacy ingame. I can only speak for myself, but ingame I help players without getting anything and that's okay for me. I still don't need anything special like a tabard or a title. :smile:

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

Would you use them?.

Pro:
    Con:

From my personal point of view:

If ambassadors would get an ingame title and tabard, I would feel highly honoured and would use them.

But I am a humble person and I think that could be a little "to much" for us. We aren't gods or something like that and maybe we need a little privacy ingame. I can only speak for myself, but ingame I help players without getting anything and that's okay for me. I still don't need anything special like a tabard or a title. :smile:

@Chufu
    Much like the Emperor status style if my idea is brought in.
    Then i would consider the Ambassador rank the Emperor's of the forums if you get my meaning.

(Anyone can be an Emperor or Ambassador but only some have the skill to be.)

-Ambassador rank requires much time on the forums and a good understanding of forum rules and the willingness to help.
    -Emperor rank requires alot of time to spent in pvp and willingness to do what ever it takes muhuhu. :D

As i said i am worried though it could result in alot of player asking for advice.
    So its important to grab feedback from you lot and try and find a way to have the cake and eat it as well. :D
    Edited by Heromofo on June 4, 2015 11:20AM
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2+ Playermount would be a nice Placement into game,
    if you have new Players in guild or alts from friends you could allow them to ride with you with the +60% Mount.
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off, let me say that I'm awed by the continued effort, thought, and work that folks like you, @Heromofo and @Gidorick (and others, of course), are putting into this. While it's always easy to demand something or other on a game's forums, thinking about possible forms and functionalities of an idea's implementation, mocking up design concepts to present them in an orderly fashion, and putting them out there for all to see and criticize is not, and thus they tend to positively stick out. Time and again, developers and community representatives -- not only those of ZOS -- have stated that this kind of feedback is their preferred kind, and that the chances for it to receive proper attention are vastly improved over, well, those of the other kind.

As for your questions, here's my personal take on them. I cannot speak for others, of course, and by no means should you feel discouraged. :wink:

As an "old school" P&P RPG player, the last part of "MMORPG" still holds some meaning for me. While I don't go ahead and write pages of lore- and history-conformant background stories for my characters (I don't mind the folks who do, this is a great exercise in both research and writing), and I don't actively seek out and participate in in-game RP (I enjoy it when I encounter it, taking care not to disturb it), I still like playing my characters from the "what's his/her take on in-world events, how does s/he act on them?" perspective. So my characters have a role to play, and whenever possible, everything within the game's systems which allows to support that role is utilized. Example: my Breton sorceress, descendant of a once noble family, has a fitting surname (taken from UESP, ofc); after raising through the ranks of the Mage's Guild, she now wears her "Master Wizard" title with pride. If there were to be a typical Guild costume and/or tabard, she'd wear that, too. So for me, everything that fits in or contributes to the whole parcel is welcome.

I wouldn't mind if said Ambassador perks existed in-game for whatever reason; I just wouldn't be inclined to use them, because of them being slightly "too meta" for my taste and style of play. Yes, there's the topic of unwanted attention, too, or my unwillingness to "brag", but this is my main take on it.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Would you use them?.

Pro:
    Con:

I'm with Chufu on this one. I would probably use it (with the option to turn it off for solitude), but wouldn't advocate to get it added on our behalf. Speaking just for myself now with a collective we, we don't contribute to the community for fancy titles or "hey look at me". We do it because we love the game and want to do it.

I need to review the rest of the post and apparently a few of the seasons I missed before being to elaborate in general. This stuff looks pretty cool.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@KhajitFurTrader
    Yeah thanks bud I'm sure Gidorick will speak his mind on here shortly.
    But for me i enjoy doing this but i am growing tired of a few of the same questions over and over lol.

Q: Do you think ZOS even cares about these ideas?.
    A: dam right i do feedback is key to success and there is no such thing as bad feedback.

Consider this even if all the ideas are dismissed thats fine. Because even just by reading these the devs may end up having a few new ideas of their own.

I am always truthful as well i have always pointed out i am not happy with some of the decisions ZOS makes.
    I also enjoy joking around but i always give a reason and a new idea instead of demanding change as people should.

@Dominoid
    Thanks bud ignore the bad grammar i spent my school years doing bad things lol instead of learning. :D
    Some episodes are better than others but they each offer new idea's and concepts also i recommend checking out Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader
    But for me i enjoy doing this but i am growing tired of a few of the same questions over and over lol.

A: dam right i do feedback is key to success and there is no such thing as bad feedback.

Consider this even if all the ideas are dismissed thats fine. Because even just by reading these the devs may end up having a few new ideas of their own.

I am always truthful as well i have always pointed out i am not happy with some of the decisions ZOS makes.
    I also enjoy joking around but i always give a reason and a new idea instead of demanding change as people should.

@Dominoid
    Thanks bud ignore the bad grammar i spent my school years doing bad things lol instead of learning. :D
    Some episodes are better than others but they each offer new idea's and concepts also i recommend checking out Gidorick's Repository Of brillant Ideas.

I spend most of my time on the Reddit ESO community. I just made a post bringing your and Gidorick's efforts to our masses as well. I know someone occasionally links your stuff anyway.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/38ifet/discussion_improving_eso_a_repository/
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    @KhajitFurTrader

@Dominoid

I spend most of my time on the Reddit ESO community. I just made a post bringing your and Gidorick's efforts to our masses as well. I know someone occasionally links your stuff anyway.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/38ifet/discussion_improving_eso_a_repository/

Thank you @Dominoid i was unaware that ESO had a *offical* reddit location as i don't use reddit or forums really lol as you can see from my profile i have only been here for just over a month.
    I will make a reddit account shortly and check out that corner of the forum world. :)
    Edited by Heromofo on June 4, 2015 1:09PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you use them?.

Pro:
    Con:

I might use one if it was optional. However, like the others, I did not ask for this honor, it was awarded to me. I did not even know the program was being developed until I got a message a couple of days ago.

As for players asking me for advice in the game, I tend to give out advice anyway (unless I am up to my eyeballs in mobs) so I don't mind questions. I do prefer they be emailed to me so that I have time to finish what I am doing and then can find a place to take some time to formulate a response. I tend to miss Whispers to me and I am not in the habit of scrolling up in the chat window unless I am looking for something specific.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ynehairte
    Ynehairte
    Communauté

Would you use them?.

Pro:
    Con:

if anyone wish that we are recognizable ingame, why not but personally i don't care about it (I am pretty noticed me of Daggerfall side...)

I don't need a special tabard, i already have the tabard of Triumvirat and my dress wedding. Moreover a white tabard wouldn't go with my look.

284053beautiful.png

Perhaps, if the tabard looks like this : 465074XobVYRL.jpg I will be able wear it.

For the game title, I prefer "World Master" because i'm one of the founders of Triumvirat, the organisation which dominates the World :D

Ps : I've never communicated as much in english for these last 24 hours :)
    Membre fondateur du Triumvirat ! Et ce dernier s'accapare de ce forum !
    Ynehairte, une histoire, une légende
    @ynehairte si vous avez quelques questions (dans la mesure de mes capacités)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ynehairte
    Permet de bien alors corriger cela pour vous que vous devez aussi parler votre propre langue .
    :smiley:
    Peut-être que les comptes de larges tabards peuvent être teints je vais mettre à jour le fil et ajouter que dans .
    De plus, votre personnage regarde amour irréel de la configuration . :D

Edit: je l'ai mis à jour pour inclure le fil que ceux-ci représentent tabards larges devraient pouvoir être teints .
    Edited by Heromofo on June 4, 2015 3:16PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader

@Dominoid

@Dominoid
    I have set up a reddit account and replied there lol took me a bit to figure out reddit.
    Just one thing it keeps saying something about subscribing to help support ESO on reddit.

Sooo how do we go about doing that also details on gold status and karma and any other tips?.

Also is there a mobile version and if so how do we access it?.
    As well as whats the difference posting here and there?.
    Edited by Heromofo on June 5, 2015 11:48AM
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader

@Dominoid

@Dominoid
    I have set up a reddit account and replied there lol took me a bit to figure out reddit.
    Just one thing it keeps saying something about subscribing to help support ESO on reddit.

Sooo how do we go about doing that also details on gold status and karma and any other tips?.

Also is there a mobile version and if so how do we access it?.
    As well as whats the difference posting here and there?.

Subscribing is nothing more than clicking on the subscribe button on the right:

UO4Q9Ve.png
    *I had to temporarily unsubscribe for the screenshot. Very painful. ;-)

"Gold" is basically a Reddit+ membership. It adds a few additional features like highlighting new posts or loading more comments on one page. It's not really a big deal.

For the mobile version, you should simply be able to visit on a mobile device and you'll see a banner at the top to enable mobile browsing. That's how it works on my iPhone any way.

The main difference between here and there is the Karma system. Sort of. The sub-Reddit kind of controls what's popular on the site. This can be good or bad, but in my opinion mostly good. Each post can be given a thumbs up or thumbs down. I personally only thumb up things and rarely use the thumbs down. Here is the basic "reddiquette":

Dos:
    • Down vote anything if you think it shouldn’t be on reddit;
    • Down vote anything if you think it is off-topic on a particular community
    • Down vote anything if you dislike it. (Some subs ask not to do this one)
    • Down vote useless comments (if they add nothing to the discussion)

Don’ts:
    • Don’t down vote anything if you dislike the person (as apposed to the comment);
    • Don’t mass-down vote someone else’s posts;
    • Don’t down vote opinions just because you disagree with them;
    • Don’t down vote opinions just because they are critical of you.

This system allows the users to decide what's import. Take a recent example. You have this post on the forums which received 9 agrees and 2 awesomes:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1840184/#Comment_1840184

Does that mean the player-base agrees with them? We don't know. But it easily creates an echo chamber for such thoughts. Now that same post was reposted on reddit here (I only use this example because it's recent and I could find it):

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/38fedw/my_new_hero/

Where it got 0 points and had a 33% upvote (means 2/3 people disagreed with the premise). The 0 points is loosely associated with the Karma. This thread is said to have 0 Karma (technically it's negative but won't go below showing 0). We don't know if only 2 people disagreed and 1 agreed or if 200 people disagreed and 100 agreed. We simply known two-thirds disagreed.

Now there are no "bumps" in reddit. You can't bring attention to a post by posting something new in it. What appears on the "front page" of the sub is strictly determined by how old the post is (most posts regardless of popularity get flushed after about 24 hours) and the Karma of the post. So in the example above, besides when the post was first made, the community decided it wasn't "worthy" of the front page of the sub-reddit and that was determined by the sub's users.

Because of all that, generally speaking the ESO sub-Reddit is significantly more positive than the official forums. I'm not saying which is better for the game or a more accurate representation of reality. Level heads can certainly see the benefits of both sides of the coin, but I do know where I prefer to hang out. Some accuse us of "burying out heads in the sand" and being "fan boys". But we are critical of the game and do discuss its shortcomings very regularly. What we don't do, as a community, is beat the proverbial dead horse. Again using that post as an example, it's not necessarily that we didn't agree with the posts content, but we have already covered it and "raged" in our own way about it, but we have moved on.

The sub wasn't always positive and went through some growing pains of its own as the negativity there started to tear it apart.

q5fgqFO.png

But we wrestled it back and we are more popular than ever after a very significant and quickish turn around. I hope that explained things correctly and I didn't sound too preachy in any way.
    Edited by Dominoid on June 5, 2015 2:31PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dominoid

Thanks for the information and i do like the setup so much so that i will be on both sides now, also how do i set a banner and class?.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • I don't like the idea of what you are doing on the forum affecting anything at all in game.
    • I have no opinion on what you do in game unlocking special avatars - but I would like to see your character face as a avatar...
    • Improved mounts sounds good - especially multi-player mounts. I want to drive a cart!. Or a battlewagon!
    • Birthday crowns! Yay!
    Edited by AdamBourke on June 5, 2015 2:06PM
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dominoid

Thanks for the information and i do like the setup so much so that i will be on both sides now, also how do i set a banner and class?.

Under the subscribe button is something talking about flair. Click the box and hit the edit link to choose your banner.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with a guild tabard, but that would be the extent of support I would have for forum rewards in-game.

@Gidorick this, @Gidorick that. Jesus @Gidorick, why don't you just make your own game already, GOSH! J/k, I just love effin' with you. :)

Completely support mount changes per the above suggestion.

As far as birthdays go, I require the following image to be posted all over every social media/video game forum post related to my name on my birthday:

2a7c34438187bc360b3f6ee853702059.jpg

Good write-up, @Heromofo. You dirty Aussie, you.
    Edited by nastuug on June 5, 2015 3:29PM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »
    I'd be fine with a guild tabard, but that would be the extent of support I would have for forum rewards in-game.

@Gidorick this, @Gidorick that. Jesus @Gidorick, why don't you just make your own game already, GOSH! J/k, I just love effin' with you. :)

As far as birthdays go, I require the following image to be posted all over every social media/video game forum post related to my name on my birthday:

Yeah Nas i nominated the bugger and also i figured you would like the mount idea lol the versions now are just so bland and boring. :D
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah Nas i nominated the bugger and also i figured you would like the mount idea lol the versions now are just so bland and boring. :D

Just remember, the name Richard Simmons should never be in the same sentence as "mounting." ;)
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just remember, the name Richard Simmons should never be in the same sentence as "mounting." ;)
    Lol Poor Simmons
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol Poor Simmons

Heh. Not as cool as Bob Ross though.
  • Kalghed
    Kalghed
    I don't really care for tabards as it hides my armor but if people want a forum tabard I see no problem with it. I really like the dual mount idea. Something like a horse and stage coach would be pretty cool.
    Kalghed
    PC Server - NA
    AD
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalghed wrote: »
    I don't really care for tabards as it hides my armor but if people want a forum tabard I see no problem with it. I really like the dual mount idea. Something like a horse and stage coach would be pretty cool.

Yeah for me it depends on the armor if i wear a tabard.
    The multi mount idea could allow an insane range of new mounts into the game as long as they stay within Elder Scrolls Lore. :)