The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"The Shredder": my Nightblade PvP build

Jaiden
Jaiden
✭✭✭
There has been an ongoing debate over 2h vs DW. I believe I've come up with a "best of both worlds" scenario. After much testing and hours of trying out different combinations of armor sets, I've come across a major hard hitting build that has good sustainability.

Some background on me: I'm a V14 Bosmer NB werewolf, stamina focus. Approx 21k HP, 25.5 k stam, 11.5k magicka with purple food. Stamina regen unbuffed is about 1500, buffed just above 1700. Weapon damage fully buffed is almost 3700. All points in stamina.

Armor: 3 x dreugh king (neck, legs, boots)
4 x morag tong (head, arms, daggers x2)
2 x shadow walker (rings)
3 x Air set (shoulder, belt, chest)
masters great sword 2h

You're getting 5 weapon damage increases, air gives you 2 stamina regens, and a little extra stam from morag. Along with 2 piece heavy armor passives and 5 medium passives. Need I say more?

Ability bars:

2h: Silver bolts, caltrops/swallow soul, relentless focus, rally, dark cloak, ulty: meteor/barrier

DW: Ambush, surprise attack/rapid strikes, steel tornado, camo hunter, mass hysteria. Ulty: flawless/soul harvest

The 2h bar is your utility bar. This bar is meant to heal you, have ranged options, escape if needed. Its not a dps focus bar. Silver bolts is on there because the damage is nice with the build and you have some kind of ranged attack. Ultimates on this bar are situational. If I'm running with a group or a zerg I slot meteor, if I'm solo or with only a couple people, barrier. Same with caltrops and swallow soul. Having the extra heal passive from swallow soul is good for small group or solo play when you pop your rally burst along with another ranged option, where caltrops is great for the large group or zerg meta.

The DW bar is your bread and butter. This is where you pull off 11k surprise attacks after ambush or steel tornado 10 guys for 7k+ racking up killing blows. Camo hunter is on here for the crit passive. A fun thing to do is buff up with rally, relentless n camo then throw out caltrops on a group. Tons of camo procs and I've seen 1200+ caltrop ticks. Rapid strikes or surprise attack is your call, I switch them out here and there depending on my mood. If you want to gank burst, slot soul harvest. If you want an across the board damage increase, go with flawless. Mass hysteria should be self explanatory.

If your wondering where vigor is, I don't have it yet as I'm only about halfway through assault rank 9. But if I did, I would put it on the utility bar and replace caltrops or swallow soul.

Champion points:

Basically up to you but I put mine into reduce stam cost, roll dodge/break free cost, and stam regen. Increase physical damage and crit damage. Reduce magic, poison, disease, flame, lightning, cold damage and reduce damage from crit hits. I kept my point spreads simple, found like 2 or 3 things per color I thought were most important for my build and loaded them in there.

Well there you have it. A hard hitting self sustaining build without vigor that has viability in solo, small group, or zerg. Once more this is geared toward PVP, I don't know how this does in pve. Any comments or suggestions are welcome and see you all out in cyrodiil.
Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost everyone is doing this, sometimes people also use 3 piece vicious ophidian
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I call mine 'splinter' as it gets right under your fingernail.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Almost everyone is doing this, sometimes people also use 3 piece vicious ophidian

Wasn't aware this was out there. Mostly seen builds involving bow/2h or bow/dw
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.