Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What can a newbie buy from crown store to help his experience in the game?

Flanar
Flanar
Hello,

Like the title suggests, I want help in choosing what I can get from crown store to improve my experience in the game.

I currently have 5100 Crowns and have no idea what are the best things to get. I had my eyes on imperial edition upgrade but I was wondering if it is available in crown store and if its worth it?

Is there a wiki where I can see a list of all available crown iitems? (My game is still patching and will take a day to complete).

Thank you
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't already own it the adventurer pack is a must have. It gives you the ability to have any race be in any alliance when you create new characters. The imperial upgrade gives you the Imperial race, which you may want access to at some point. Those are probably two most game experience impacting crown store items.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on June 1, 2015 6:31AM
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy a mount of some sort with crowns and use your gold for riding lessons instead. Start taking riding lessons early, because it takes several months to max out your speed and get some more stamina when mounted.
    The Imperial upgrade gives you a horse and access to one more race. It also saves you 100k gold for the rare Imperial lotif if you plan on becoming a crafter.
    Apart from that, I would save the crowns for buying DLC when it finally arrives, probably a year late some time after summer.
    Edited by stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO on June 1, 2015 6:34AM
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. if you already have them, use crowns for a mount.

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Imperial edition upgrade gives you a white horse, the ability to play as an Imperial (which many believe is one of the better races for stamina builds) and the ability to convert any crafted items from whatever motif style they are to the Imperial style (but only for your own use) and a Pledge of Mara that lets you get married sort of and whenever you play with the other person you get a 10% Experience boost... mine is still in the bank :)

A different mount can be had for 900 crowns and they very much improve your game experience and are pretty well required in Cyrodiil PVP. All mounts are the same speed.

But the Imperial race and armor style conversion is only available with the imperial edition.

The other thing you might want as a beginner is the adventure pack that gives you some pets, treasure maps for different zones and levels and more importantly for some, the ability to play any race in your alliance of choice instead of the three you can choose from otherwise.

Everything else id there for just looks or fun and not really necessary.

And welcome to ESO!
  • Flanar
    Flanar
    If you don't already own it the adventurer pack is a must have. It gives you the ability to have any race be in any alliance when you create new characters. The imperial upgrade gives you the Imperial race, which you may want access to at some point. Those are probably two most game experience impacting crown store items.

I do have Explorer's pack, which enables me to create any race with any alliance.

So Imperial Upgrade is worth the buy? Also which mount do you guys recommend?

• traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flanar wrote: »

I do have Explorer's pack, which enables me to create any race with any alliance.

So Imperial Upgrade is worth the buy? Also which mount do you guys recommend?

They are all for looks now. The character controls the riding stat, so pick something you like the look of.

All your characters will get access to all mount looks, but you will have to train up character skills separately.
  • Flanar
    Flanar
    Great. Then that sort of gives me the liberty to get any mount. Sounds cool.

What about pet? Are they for just aesthetic/companion purpose? Or do they attack/do stuff?

• traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about pet? Are they for just aesthetic/companion purpose? Or do they attack/do stuff?

They are just for looks. They are also shared across all of your characters.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crown store pets are purely cosmetic companions. The only class that has pets that attack enemies are Sorcerers.

edited for spelling
    Edited by Nyghthowler on June 1, 2015 6:48AM
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Flanar
    Flanar
    Alright.

I will just get the imperial edition upgrade then. Will wait for better looking mounts to come in future.

Thank you everyone
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can buy the chef outfit
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest saving the crowns for unlocking future content packs.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    I suggest saving the crowns for unlocking future content packs.

This, other than the advice about getting at least one mount.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Repair kits is a good alternative to wasting the precious gold.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raash wrote: »
    No you can't. It was removed in the last Crown Store update.
    Is there a wiki where I can see a list of all available crown iitems?
    @Flanar -> UESP: Crown Store.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Raash wrote: »
    No you can't. It was removed in the last Crown Store update.
    Is there a wiki where I can see a list of all available crown iitems?
    @Flanar -> UESP: Crown Store.

Finally, it was OP.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too much cuteness in the Chef costume. Especially if you play a female Khajiit. :p
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the logic of removing items like outfits from the crown store.

It isn't like there were many of them to begin with - unless the store is somehow limited so you can only have a certain number of each sort of item available at any one time.

My only piece of crown store advice is that if you have at least one male orc alt you will need that frilly white wedding dress at some point.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/